- Asuma Sarutobi's style of combat specialises in the use of chakra blades. His are uniquely-designed trench knifes worn like brass knuckles, with a zigzag-shape blade to give them "teeth". Asuma often uses them to augment his taijutsu skills, enabling him to defeat nine Oto-nin in a matter of seconds. The blades are made of a unique metal that can be imbued with the user's chakra. Asuma most commonly does this for his Flying Swallow, where he channels wind chakra into the blades to increase their sharpness and effective length. After Asuma's death, Shikamaru Nara uses the blades for his Shadow Imitation Shuriken Technique, where he flows his yin chakra into them so he can have a long-range version of his Shadow Imitation Technique. In Konoha Shinden, Shiakamru gives these blades to Asuma's daughter, Mirai, and she uses them in the same way that her father did.
- The White Light Chakra Sabre wielded by Sakumo, and later Kakashi Hatake, had the ability to absorb chakra and release a white streak of light whenever they swung it.
- In the anime, Sora uses Chakra Enhanced Triple-Bladed Claw, a type of chakra blade.
- In the anime, Tenten owns a chakra blade that's able to cut through Fū's Cocoon, and in fact it's one of the few ways to overcome the Cocoon's ability to absorb chakra.
- In the anime, Nowaki kept a large number of uniquely designed chakra blades that he used to channel his wind-natured chakra. These blades were able to create explosions on impact when hitting targets while infused with his Typhoon Release-chakra.
- Katasuke Tōno of Konohagakure's Scientific Ninja Weapons Team invents a chakra blade that uses the wielder's chakra to generate a makeshift blade (but has the downside of draining too much chakra too quickly), and allows Boruto Uzumaki to handle a prototype.
- In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower, Konohagakure is shown to have a standard chakra blade that is used by some shinobi.
- Aside from his brief usage of Katasuke’s prototype chakra blade, Ao has a similar weapon in his possession, albeit a two-bladed one, which is hidden within his prosthetic left arm.
- Naruto chapter 317, page 10
- Naruto chapter 332, page 15
- Boruto episode 99
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 412
- Boruto chapter 18, pages 36-37
- Boruto chapter 20, page 20
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.
... more about "Chakra Blade"