The Character Bind Technique (字縛術, Jibakujutsu) was a technique developed by Shiranami, which enables him to do many things based on the kanji that he writes in the air.
The effects of these kanji have been shown:
- 操, which comes from the verb 操る (ayatsuru), meaning "to manipulate". This character allows Shiranami to manipulate and control his opponent. The effect manifests when Shiranami writes he kanji in the air at the target's direction; at which point, the kanji appears on the recipient's person. That individual then becomes a subject to Shiranami's will. However, as with the Infinite Embrace, it is not absolute, since a person with tremendous chakra can easily dispel the effect.
- 岩 (iwa, rock). This character allows Shiranami to immobilise targets. In the case of clones, this dispels them.
- 爆 (baku, explode). This character causes several explosions that can also be used to dispel clones.
- 火 (hi, fire). This character creates a blaze of fire, which can vary in size.
- 炎 (en, flames). This character creates a large wall of fire to keep the enemies away.
- 斬 (zan), which comes from the verb 斬る (kiru), meaning "to kill with a blade". This character creates several blades of wind.
- 割 (katsu, split). This character causes the ground underneath the target to split open.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.