|This is the article on the jutsu. For other uses, see Chibaku Tensei (disambiguation).|
Users create a black sphere between their hands that they hurl into the sky. When the sphere is activated, it generates a powerful gravitational pull, attracting everything in the vicinity to it until a large satellite is created; users control how large the satellite becomes. Creating the black sphere apparently requires a great deal of chakra, such that Nagato, when using it through his Six Paths of Pain, must first bring the Deva Path close to his location so that he can channel his chakra to it more effectively.
Chibaku Tensei is most often used to restrain targets, drawing them in during the satellite's creation and trapping them beneath the mounds of rubble. Only Naruto Uzumaki, by entering a near-Tailed Beast Mode, has been known to break free of it. Because of how difficult it is to escape from Chibaku Tensei, the best way to counter it is to destroy the black sphere early on in the formation process. In order to penetrate the initial layers of rubble, users should use their most powerful attacks, such as the Tailed Beast Ball or Wind Release: Rasenshuriken. Actually aiming at the black sphere is not really necessary, as its gravity will pull the attacks towards it.
When performed by Sasuke Uchiha, he does not use the typical black sphere, instead gathering rubble around each of his immobilised targets; this is similar to the Six Paths — Chibaku Tensei. Once the satellites are formed, Sasuke is able to move them remotely. Madara Uchiha is also shown creating multiple satellites at a time, each with its own black sphere. Rather than use the satellites to restrain targets, Madara uses them as large projectiles that he drops on his opponents.
Chibaku Tensei is a common move in Naruto video games:
- In Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Rumble, Pain generates a moderately sized sphere of debris overhead, then thrusts his arms downward, sending it crashing into the ground like a meteor. In the game it is called "Six Paths Technique" rather than Chibaku Tensei. An enhanced, "Full Throttle" version of the technique called "Six Paths Technique: Collapse" (六道の術・崩壊, Rikudō no Jutsu: Hōkai) can also be performed.
- In Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Pain uses Chibaku Tensei to summon a whirlwind of boulders to protect himself against attacks. He can also launch the boulders individually as a form of attack.
- In Ultimate Ninja Impact, Pain creates the planetary body and brings it down on his opponents. He also uses this as his Awakening, where he summons a whirlwind of boulders as a defensive system and an offensive system at the same time.
- In Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Nagato uses this technique to imprison his opponent, and then fires a chakra blast which goes through its core, causing a massive explosion.
- In Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, as part of Pain and Konan's collaboration, Pain uses this technique to trap his opponent and then Konan lines the debris with explosive tags. Konan then sends a single origami bird which causes a massive explosion.
- In Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Rinnegan Sasuke pierces the opponent with the black flames, traps him within Chibaku Tensei, and then destroys it with Chidori Kagutsuchi via his Complete Body — Susanoo. His The Last version also uses the technique as part of his Chidori: Star Crusher. And during the boss battle against Naruto and Sasuke, Madara is able to create a gargantuan version of Chibaku Tensei by merging multiple planetoids into one with the Wood Release.