The Concealed Sand Picture Cat is a contact-type (接触タイプ, Sesshoku Taipu) sensory technique.
By dispersing specialised sand into a specific area, the user is able to discern the presence of bodies that comes into direct contact with it. This sensing sand can be spread across a wide terrain, or even float in the air allowing aerial foes to be detected. Once the sand comes in contact with a person, it will wrap itself around them, rendering even invisible targets, visible.
- This technique's name might come from "picturing a concealed sand cat", as shown in its first usage, when Gaara used it to sense Mū, who was under the effects of his invisibility technique. Sand cats are capable of walking on sand without leaving noticeable footprints. When this technique was used on the Second Tsuchikage, the shot focused on his footprints, which were imprinted in the sand.
- The reading of 潜砂 (sensa) is the same as the Japanese word for sensor (センサ, sensa).
- Fourth Databook, page 321
- Naruto chapter 552, pages 16-17
- Naruto chapter 524, page 16
[[pt-br:Imagem do Gato Escondido na Areia]