|This is the article on the episode. For the chapter, head to Congratulations.|
"Congratulations" (おめでとう, Omedetō) is episode 474 of the Naruto: Shippūden anime.
Kakashi watches proudly as Sakura prevents Kaguya from flying up, allowing Naruto and Sasuke to make physical contact with her, activating the fūinjutsu taught to them by Hagoromo. As her Rinne Sharingan is obscured, Kaguya wonders how scattered pieces of her chakra were able to seal her again. Hagoromo notices the seal was applied, and prepares to bring everyone back. Kaguya's Expansive Truth-Seeking Ball begins crumbling, the land begins sealing Kaguya, and Kaguya herself begins reverting into the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path, as the tailed beasts are separated from it. The rabbit head left in it spits Madara's body out. Sasuke and the tailed beasts meet up with Kakashi and Sakura, while Naruto goes looking for Black Zetsu, who is already intent on scheming Kaguya's next resurrection. Naruto denounces Black Zetsu's role in shinobi history, calls it a spoiled brat who's too afraid to leave its mother's side, and throws it toward the forming moon, sealing it as well. Naruto meets up with the others, and Sakura wonders how they'll get out of Kaguya's dimension. Hagoromo summons everyone back with the aid of the previous Kage he called from the Pure Land. Hagoromo congratulates Kakashi on coordinating the sealing, though Kakashi downplays his role. Kakashi bids Obito farewell as Obito's chakra in him fades away. Hagoromo stops Sasuke from reaching Madara, who is about to die. Madara and Hashirama exchange their final words as Madara dies. Hagoromo announces he'll release the summoned Kage, including the ones from Impure World Reincarnation. Minato wishes Naruto happy birthday as dawn breaks. Naruto motormouths several things for Minato to tell Kushina as the Kage's spirits are released and go back to the afterlife.
- Madara is correctly depicted with a replica of Hashirama's face on his chest, which was absent in the original publications of chapters 690 and 691. In the preview for this episode, this replica was depicted with the markings of Hashirama's Sage Mode, but they are not present in the episode itself. However, the markings briefly appear in one scene when Hashirama approaches Madara.
- When Sakura panics about getting home, Kakashi is depicted without Sharingan in either of his eyes.
- Throughout the episode, Gyūki is depicted with the horns and tooth it lost during its battle with the Ten-Tails.
- When Naruto envisions the deceased shinobi who inspired him, Obito is depicted without Hashirama's artificial body on his right half.
- In the manga, Kurama gives Naruto the middle finger during their reunion. Instead, he shows his fist to Naruto in this episode.
- When the sealing process was underway, Kaguya's horn was depicted as broken as it was on the manga.