This technique conceals the user underground and drags the object of their attack down into the earth, robbing them of their freedom, leaving them completely unable to move after they're underground. In addition, they can start another attack. This technique is normally used for torture, by cutting into the enemy's neck after it was used.
- In the Naruto Collectible Card Game, Deidara grabbing Sasuke Uchiha from within his C1 bird is labelled as this technique.
- Earth Release: Hiding in Rock Technique
- Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique
- Earth Release: Subterranean Voyage
- Earth Release: Underground Projection Fish Technique
- Hidden Shadow Snake Burial