While lurking underground, the user grabs a target and drags them into the earth, leaving only their head above the surface. Because victims are rendered unable to move in this state, they are easily subjected to torture or decapitation. Such extreme measures are not required, however; when Kakashi Hatake uses this on Sasuke Uchiha, it is only to restrain Sasuke. Sasuke is eventually able to free himself.
- In the Naruto Collectible Card Game, Deidara grabbing Sasuke Uchiha from within his C1 bird is labelled as this technique.
- Earth Release: Hiding in Rock Technique
- Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique
- Earth Release: Subterranean Voyage
- Earth Release: Underground Projection Fish Technique
- Hidden Shadow Snake Burial