Contrary to its counterpart, this technique reduces one's gravity, making it much lighter. The atmosphere, along with their body, can be lightened in order to take flight and increasing their manoeuvrability. With enough practice, the user can control their flight through the sky with specific bodily movements. However, a consequence of using this technique on oneself or another individual is a decrease in the physical force of the affected person's attacks.
Ōnoki, who possessed a mastery over this technique, was able to also manipulate the weight of other targets. By touching his target, he could instead take their gravity away and regulate just how much is taken.
- The usage of this technique to fly is apparently well-known amongst the Tsuchikage, as Madara Uchiha immediately recognised its usage by Ōnoki.
- Pain, Obito and Madara Uchiha have all demonstrated the ability to levitate, though it's not clear if this technique was responsible for the feat. Although, all of them did have mastery over Earth Release at the time.
- Fourth Databook, page 274
- Naruto chapter 513, page 4
- Naruto chapter 513, page 1
- Naruto chapter 561, page 2
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 348
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 362