This technique allows its user to silently emerge from an earthen surface, moving as a fish does underwater. As or after they've emerged, users are often well-placed to perform assassinations or guerrilla attacks. To help them go unnoticed while they strike, users will often combine this technique with clone techniques: Team Oboro uses the Haze Clone Technique, concealing their movements among the mass of clones; Mahiru uses the Shadow Clone Technique, drawing his targets' attention while another shadow clone sneaks up on them.
- Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
- Earth Release: Hiding in Rock Technique
- Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique
- Earth Release: Subterranean Voyage
- Rin no Sho, page 211
- Naruto chapter 240, page 6