|This is the article on the technique. For other uses, see Eight Gates Released Formation (disambiguation).|
This is a heightened state that is achieved by opening all Eight Gates. The user opens their body's eighth gate by puncturing themselves just above the heart, causing a bloody steam (resembling a flaming red aura) to start emanating from their pores, hair, and eyebrows. Their body will continue to heat up until it's been cooked from the inside-out, reducing the user to ash. Opening all of the Eight Gates inevitably leads to death.
While all of the Eight Gates are open, the user's heart pumps at maximum power, granting them power a hundred times greater than they are usually capable of, far beyond that of the Five Kage. Might Duy, the "Eternal Genin", was able to fight the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist and (in the anime) kill four of them. Might Guy is able to gradually overwhelm Madara Uchiha – the Ten-Tails' jinchūriki at the time – earning him comparisons to Hashirama Senju.
- After Might Guy uses Eight Gates Released Formation, he is saved from death by Naruto Uzumaki's Yin–Yang Release. However, damage done to his leg from using Night Guy leaves him wheelchair-bound for the rest of his life. Despite the handicap, Kakashi Hiden, Konoha Shinden, and the Boruto anime all show Guy continuing his life as a ninja as best as he can.
- In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: Bonds, Shinnō claims that his Body Revival Technique, combined with Dark Chakra, allows him to open all eight gates without any drawbacks.
- Jin no Sho, page 280
- Naruto chapter 85, page 9
- Naruto chapter 668, page 3
- Naruto chapter 668, page 16
- Naruto chapter 672, pages 15-17
- Naruto chapter 669, page 4
- Naruto chapter 668, page 13
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 456
- Naruto chapter 669, page 17