|Literal English||Explosion Release|
|English TV||Explosion Style|
|Manga||Volume #28, Naruto Chapter #247|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #3|
|Novel||Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise|
|Movie||Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! EX|
|OVA||The Creation of the Akatsuki|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Novel, Game, Movie|
|Classification||Kekkei Genkai, Ninjutsu|
Explosion Release (爆遁, Bakuton, Viz: Explosion Style) is a nature transformation kekkei genkai, suggested to be a combination of earth and lightning.[Notes 1] Explosion Release users utilise explosive chakra in combat.
- Deidara uses Explosion Release in his Explosive Clay. He infuses his clay with explosive chakra, creating bombs of varying size and forms.
- Gari uses Explosion Release in conjunction with taijutsu, allowing him to deliver punches that causes everything they hit to explode from the inside. In the anime, he can also use it on the ground to create a shockwave of upturned earth and debris to throw the enemy off balance. He also uses a less-destructive version of this technique, creating a puff of smoke instead of an explosion.
- In Sasuke Shinden, Sasuke encounters a man using Explosion Release being controlled by a genjutsu; it isn't clear if the man originates from Kumogakure or Kirigakure. Like Gari, the man uses Explosion Release to create an explosion wherever his punches connect. Like Deidara's clay, the man's attacks are easily nullified with Lightning Release.
References and Notes
- Naruto chapter 361, page 13-14
- Naruto chapter 526, page 13
- Naruto chapter 513, page 13
- Naruto chapter 522, page 12-13
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 285
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 284
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.
... more about "Explosion Release"