Explosive Tags (起爆札, Kibaku Fuda) are scraps of paper inscribed with a special writing, centering around the kanji for "explode" (爆, baku). Infused with chakra, they will explode after a set amount of time, remotely, or after being ignited by flame. The tags can be attached to a surface or wrapped around a weapon to be thrown at an enemy. They are very versatile and one of the basic ninja tools. Ninja can confuse their enemies by obtaining fake explosive tags. They work even under heavy rain.
When an explosive tag is detonated remotely, ninja tend to use the "Snake" hand seal. Similarly, when used remotely, explosive tags can be detonated in sequence, allowing them to be used to trap opponents.
- Barrier Method Formation
- Bee Bomb Technique
- Blastsword Technique: Blasting Bridle Repeating Death
- Fire Release: Exploding Flame Formation
- Heavenly Punishment
- Mutually Multiplying Explosive Tags
- Paper Person of God Technique
- Wire Strings Trap: Explosion Strings
- Naruto chapter 338, page 15
- Naruto chapter 332, page 17
- Naruto chapter 445, pages 13-14
- Naruto chapter 313, pages 3-4