The Flower-Fruit Mountain is a Lava Release technique utilised by Son Gokū and its jinchuriki Rōshi. While in his transformed state, Rōshi creates a volcano which then explodes violently, sending molten rock flying up in all directions the effects of which resemble a giant flower. The lava produced is said to be able to melt anything in its path.
- The summit of the Mountain of Flowers and Fruits (花果山, Ja: Kakazan, Ch: Huāguǒshān) is the birthplace of Sūn Wùkōng, the main character of the Chinese novel Journey to the West. The mountain is located on a volcanic island. The Four-Tails, of course, is based on Sūn Wùkōng and the Dragon Ball series, which in turn is also based on Journey to the West.
- When written as 火山, kazan means 'volcano'.
- In an anime exclusive sequence, Rōshi, while offscreen, used what appears to be this technique when colliding with Kisame's Water Release: Great Exploding Water Colliding Wave technique.
- Fourth Databook, page 315
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 121