These formations are designed to use each member's abilities in the best way possible that complements the others'. This formation is usually done with flawless accuracy, which comes after working together — another testament of how close-knit the three clans are. This formation is not limited to any one specific technique of any of the clans but the respective clan members can use several of their respective clan's techniques in tandem to create different versions of this formation.
- Formation #1: Mind Body Switch Technique + Shadow Imitation Technique + Multi-Size Technique
- Formation #2: Mind Body Disturbance Technique + Shadow–Neck Binding Technique + Partial Multi-Size Technique
- Formation #3: Mind Disturbance Dance Performance Technique + Black Spider Lily + Super Multi-Size Technique
- Formation #4: Mind Clone Switch Technique + Shadow Sewing Technique + Butterfly Bullet Bombing
- Formation E: Human Bullet Yo-Yo
- The name is a reference to a card combination in the Hanafuda card game, Koi-Koi; Inoshikachō uses the Boar (猪, Ino), the Deer (鹿, Shika), and the Butterfly (蝶, Chō).
- In Shikamaru Shinden: A Cloud Dancing in Forlorn Falling Petals, it is revealed that relatively popular books analysing this formation have been published during the New Era, presumably because of how powerful the formation is.