|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Main Page changes||Post|
Hi, I'm Wendy, a helper with wikia Entertainment.
As described at Wikia's New Style, there are going to be some necessary changes to the ad layout on the main page. In order to accomodate this, the main page needs to be redone in a two-column format.
I've made a first draft using the new layout at User:Merrystar/Sandbox. I used all of your existing main page elements and simply tweaked the layout from single-column to two-columns. Once the changes are put in place on the main page, a new, 300px-wide ad will appear on the upper right and the content will slide down on that side.
I'd like to have your feedback and ideas on improving or changing the page, so let me know what you think! -- Wendy (talk) 03:53, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think the announcements make a good sidebar. Squishing them like that just makes them ugly and hard to read. Something like the random feature would fit better on the side. Or perhaps we could turn some of that large collection of links into a navigation sidebar and put that on the side. Oh, just to make it easier to see I tweaked that demo. I added links to view it as it would in certain skins, and I also added a 300x300px block to represent the ad. From the looks of it, some things need to be moved over to the left column and it needs to be extended, because the right is to long. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) current discussion Jun 27, 2008 @ 03:04 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I swapped the naruto statement and "random feature" with the announcements. I think it looks slightly better. -- Wendy (talk) 22:22, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- The new skin and ad system is going live over the next week. If there aren't any objections, can we move the mock-up to the live front page? Additional tweak can be made any time, but it's important that we have a functional front page up so that it doesn't break. —Scott (talk) 21:57, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- Took me a few minutes, but I drafted up something that actually looks nice. It's now applied as the main page. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) current discussion Jul 3, 2008 @ 00:03 (UTC)
- I've also started customizing Monaco http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?useskin=monaco&usetheme=custom ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) current discussion Jul 3, 2008 @ 00:23 (UTC)