"Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi-Sensei's True Face!" (見たい、知りたい、確かめたい カカシ先生の素顔, Mitai, Shiritai, Tashikametai Kakashi-Sensei no Sugao) is episode 101 of the original Naruto anime.
Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi-Sensei's True Face! (見たい、知りたい、確かめたい カカシ先生の素顔, Mitai, Shiritai, Tashikametai Kakashi-Sensei no Sugao) is episode 101 and an omake episode of the original Naruto anime.
Naruto had started the idea of finding out what was under Kakashi's mask, which the two others, Sakura and later Sasuke agreed on. However, they were no match against Kakashi as he threw them off his trail again and again. They soon had a low-rank mission to tend the farm. They didn't notice that Moya Triad is following them, who will have their revenge on Kakashi. The trio were eventually uncovered and Kakashi left them tied up like he did three years previous. As the team left for Konoha after the mission, Naruto asked Kakashi outright what was under his mask. Ironically, Kakashi agreed to show them, and prepared to take it off. Each of them imagined what face their mentor has. After their intense anticipation, Kakashi finally took off his mask, only to reveal another mask underneath that was lighter in colour, making Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura fall to the ground in horror while Kakashi laughed.
- This episode was based on a three-page omake that was included with the first Naruto databook.
- This episode was adapted into a mission in Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution. However, in the game, Kakashi put Team 7 to sleep with a genjutsu instead of tricking them.
- When Kakashi left a scarecrow at the hero's monument, it was a pun on his name; it translates to scarecrow.
- A bird appears frequently in the episode, first saying "Worst episode ever! Ever!" and the rest of the episode saying simply "idiot" (阿呆, ahō), to mock Team 7's efforts.
- Sakura says "Dattebayo" in this episode while scaring away the Moya Triad.