A sockpuppet is an alternate account created to cause disruption and issues on a wiki. They are often used for the following:
Sockpuppets shouldn't be confused with having multiple accounts. You are allowed to have more than one account on Fandom, so long as they are not used to cause disruption or deceive users. Some communities may have specific policies related to multiple accounts, so it is important to check local community account policies.
If it is found that a user is abusing multiple accounts to cause trouble, those accounts may be blocked by staff, depending on how severe the event is. All questions regarding account information must be submitted to Special:Contact.
- Admins' how to guide
- Sockpuppetry policy on Wikipedia
- Blocking accounts
- Dealing with vandalism
- Don't feed the trolls
Related blog posts
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience