Following the principles of the clan's use of ninken partners. After creating a shadow clone, the user fuses with this clone and their ninken companion into a gigantic, three-headed wolf. This drastically increases their size and power, whilst also gaining them sharp claws and canine teeth.
In their direct attacks, they demonstrate considerable efficiency. Furthermore, using techniques in addition to this gives birth to an extraordinary destructive power.
- Like its two-headed version, Kiba calls this technique by its full name, Inuzuka-Style Human Beast Mixture Transformation — Three-Headed Wolf (犬塚流人獣混合変化 参頭狼, Inuzuka-Ryū Jinjū Kongō Henge — Santōrō).
- The Three-Headed Wolf transformation is based on the Greek myth of Cerberus, a three-headed dog that guards the entrance of the underworld.
- Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth Full Power Ninja Chronicles previewed this attack for comedic sake, with Rock Lee jumping in the middle of Kiba and Akamaru's transformation to become the third head during the pet-sitting episode.
- In Naruto: Shippūden episode 403, it was revealed Kiba was inspired to create this technique from watching Naruto use multiple shadow clones at once. While originally wanted to created dozens of heads for the technique, Kiba lacked enough chakra to maintain more than one clone for the technique.
- ↑ Fourth Databook, page 233