A human puppet (人傀儡, Hitokugutsu) is a type of puppet created from human corpses, developed by Sasori during his time in Sunagakure. By removing the internal organs of a foe and preserving the body to prevent decomposition, as well as adding weapons and defences, Sasori can make powerful human puppets. These puppets are different from normal ones, as they retain their use of chakra and any kekkei genkai that the human host once had.
In the anime, while retaining the inherent abilities of the individual, a human puppet's skills pales in comparison to when they were alive, as Sasori learned while using the puppet against the reincarnated version.
Known Human Puppets
- Hiruko: Once a great shinobi, now a deadly puppet worn like a battle armour.(Anime only)
- Third Kazekage: The greatest Kazekage in history, kidnapped and killed by Sasori to gain use of the Iron Sand techniques.
- Komushi: A childhood friend of Sasori's. It is implied that Komushi had been amongst Sasori's first human puppets in the anime.(Anime only)
- Although Sasori converted his own body into a puppet, and Sakura Haruno considering him to be a human puppet, he is not an actual human puppet, as his still-living core is his true body. Sasori himself admits he is not a true puppet, nor a full human, but somewhere in-between.
- In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower, Mukade converted his own body into a puppet, similar to Sasori, but without the seeming restriction of needing a "Core of Living Flesh". In exchange, however, Mukade seemed more vulnerable, as when Naruto destroyed a portion of his head after stopping his regenerative technique, Mukade died.
- In the anime within Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, Sasori turned A, Mei Terumī, and Ōnoki into puppets.
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 457
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 449