|This is the article on the tool. For the summon, head to Crows.|
Karasu (烏, Karasu, Literally meaning: Crow) is a puppet, originally created by Sasori, but later inherited by Kankurō. It resembles a three-eyed, four-armed humanoid with jagged teeth and a spiky brown hairstyle protruding from the top of its head and framing the sides. In Part I, Kankurō typically keeps Karasu wrapped in bandages on his back, and he is able to switch places with it at will using the Body Replacement Technique. Because of Kankurō's enjoyment in installing mechanisms into his puppets, Karasu is very offensive, having numerous concealed weapons.
One of Karasu's specialities is working with Kuroari to use techniques such as Black Secret Technique Machine One Shot and Poison Mist Hell: Hundred Continuous Firing. Karasu was destroyed by Sasori when Kankurō fought against him after Gaara's capture early in Part II and has since been repaired along with Kuroari and Sanshōuo.
- Several poison-coated projectiles such as kunai or senbon.
- Smoke bomb launchers in the arms in order to blind its opponents. The smokescreens can be made up of poisonous gas to serve a secondary purpose.
- A blade that unfolds from its abdomen (in Part II).
- Hidden scythe blades on his torso.
- Hidden wrist knives.
- Hidden giant, poisoned needle in its mouth.
- Large blades on the joints of its arms, legs and head, used during the Black Secret Technique Machine One Shot
- Any of its body parts are detachable for separate attacks.
- Apparently has some kind of recording device on its eyes, as Kankurō used it during the written test of the Chūnin Exams to record the other candidates' answers.
- A special flight mechanism that enables it to manoeuvre high into the air where it could bomb targets from above.(Video games only)
Karasu is a playable character in the following video games:
|Game name||Japanese release||English release|
|Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2||4 December 2003||26 September 2006|
|Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 3||20 November 2004|
|Naruto: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! 4||21 November 2005|
- In the anime, Kankurō began wielding additional copies of this puppet.