Firstly, Katsuyu divides its body into several smaller clones, and then each attaches itself to a person. The slug's summoner then channels their medical chakra through Katsuyu, who in turn transfers it to the wounded person, healing their wounds, restoring their stamina and chakra reserves.
This technique allows the user to heal a great number of persons simultaneously regardless of distance. While using this technique, the user is linked with Katsuyu, allowing them to communicate with the slug and sense what it encountered on the battlefield.
- Fourth Databook, page 238
- Naruto Collectible Card Game
- Naruto chapter 647, page 2
- Naruto chapter 635, page 4
- Naruto chapter 427, pages 6-7
- Naruto chapter 427, page 9