Kuroari (黒蟻, Kuroari, Literally meaning: Black Ant) is a puppet, originally created by Sasori, but passed onto Kankurō. It has a much longer head than Karasu with a bucket-shaped face sporting two sharp red horns and six arms; its facial features include three eyes similar to Karasu, with a dark, disheveled hairstyle. Its overall body-frame somewhat resembles a large barrel.
Like Karasu, Kuroari is able to detach any of its body parts for separate attacks. Kuroari's primary function is to capture opponents and thus it does not contain as many hidden weapons as Karasu, as each of its arm segments only contains a saw blade. However, when used in tandem with Karasu, it can have devastating results.
Kuroari's head could also be seen in one of Chiyo's flashbacks. It was an unfinished puppet, with the Ant's head, without the three eyes. Kuroari was destroyed by Sasori when Kankurō fought against him after Gaara's capture early in Part II, and has since been repaired. During the Fourth Shinobi World War, Kankurō was shown to have gained a second Kuroari puppet, as seen when he trapped both Sasori and Deidara.
- Hidden serrated-blades in each segment of its arms.
- A barrel-like stomach to capture opponents. This can execute attacks like Black Secret Technique Machine One Shot, Black Secret Technique Machine Two Shot and Black Secret Technique — Machine Triple Shot.
- All body parts are detachable for separate attacks.(Anime only)
- Needle launchers in the arms.(Anime only)
- Two scythes in its torso.(Movie only)
- In the anime, Kankurō began wielding additional copies of this puppet.
- Naruto chapter 518, page 14