Black Ant (黒蟻, Kuroari) is a puppet, originally created by Sasori, but was passed onto Kankurō. It has a much longer head than Crow with a bucket-shaped face sporting two sharp red horns and six arms; its facial features include three eyes similar to Crow, with a dark disheveled hairstyle. Its overall body-frame somewhat resembles a large barrel. Like Crow, Black Ant is able to detach any of its body parts for separate attacks, but Black Ant does not contain as many hidden weapons as Crow, as each of its arm segments only contains a saw blade. Black Ant's primary function, however, is to capture opponents. When used in tandem with Crow, it can have devastating results. Black Ant's head could also be seen in one of Chiyo's flashbacks. It was an unfinished puppet, with the Ant's head, without the three eyes. Black Ant was destroyed by Sasori when Kankurō fought against him after Gaara's capture early in Part II, and has since been repaired.
Black Ant's Arsenal
- Hidden serrated-blades in each segment of its arms.
- A barrel like stomach to capture opponents, this can execute attacks like Black Secret Technique Machine One Shot, Black Secret Technique Machine Two Shot and Black Secret Technique: Machine Triple Shot.
- All body parts are detachable for separate attacks.(Anime only)
- Needle launchers in the arms.(Anime only)
- Two scythes in it's torso.(Movie only)