Kakashi and a shadow clone both perform the Lightning Cutter on opposite hands, which they connect together with a sharp cord of lightning between themselves. It was powerful enough to slice through a tailed beast's chakra arms with relative ease. The technique can also be used to wrap around a target and restrain it.
- When written as '雷電', Raiden means "thunder and lightning".
- With the "-sama" suffix added, Raiden is another name for the Shintō god of lightning, Raijin (雷神).
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Madara Uchiha uses a somewhat similar technique.
- Fourth Databook, page 328
- Naruto chapter 592, page 6