Magnet Release (磁遁, Jiton, Viz: Magnet Style) is a nature transformation kekkei genkai, suggested to be a combination of wind and earth.[Notes 1] Magnet Release users generate a magnetic force which they apply to other substances for various purposes.
- Iron Sand was used by the Third Kazekage of Sunagakure. He modelled his use of Iron Sand after the sand controlled by Shukaku's jinchūriki, moulding it into weapons or crushing targets with it. In Gaara Hiden, Kajūra of Ishigakure also uses Iron Sand. In Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, Shinki of Suna manipulates it as well.
- Gold Dust was used by the Fourth Kazekage. He developed its use specifically to counter Shukaku's jinchūriki, as the Gold Dust is heavier than the jinchūriki's sand. When Rasa uses this nature, he gains black rings around his eyes, similar to the ones around Gaara's eyes.
- Toroi from Kumogakure would magnetise special shuriken. When the shuriken come into contact with another object, the object becomes magnetised, making it an easier target by causing it to draw other magnetised weapons towards it. However, each time the magnetism is transferred, it weakens.
- Shukaku uses Magnet Release in conjunction with the cursed seal markings on its body. Naruto Uzumaki was able to incorporate these powers into his Rasengan to create the Sage Art: Magnet Release Rasengan, which has the additional effect of binding a target when struck.
- In Gaara Hiden, Gaara is stated to have inherited Magnet Release from his father. Gaara manipulates a dense "sparkling metallic sand". He can either use it in place of his usual sand or mix it with the sand in order to fortify it.
- Similar to Magnet Release, Jiga achieved a human magnetism in his youth by ingesting iron.
- The magnetisation of Gold Dust and manifestation of rings around the eyes by the Fourth Kazekage may indicate a diamagnetic strain of Magnet Release that magnetises inherently non-magnetic materials like gold and sand.
References and Notes
- ↑ Rasa has the Wind, Water and Earth Release. Wind and water creates ice, water and earth creates wood, so the only possible combination left for Magnet Release is Wind and Earth Release.