The Mutually Multiplying Explosive Tags is a technique which forms part of a fighting style purposely designed for those who have been reincarnated, and employs the use of special explosive tags to create a near infinite series of explosions. By using their own body as a medium for the paper, the reincarnated individual creates several exploding tags formed from large sheets that each bear five seals on them. These special tags then attach themselves to the intended target, but just as they detonate, additional tags are created as these previous ones explode. This process is continuously repeated, leading to a near infinite chain reaction of consecutive explosions. By sacrificing themselves, this technique can also be employed by a live individual.
- Depending on how it is written, "Gojō" can have several meanings:
- As 五常, it refers to the five cardinal Confucian virtues (justice, politeness, wisdom, fidelity, and benevolence).
- As 五情, it refers to the five passions (anger, joy, hatred, desire, and grief).
- As 互譲, it means "conciliation" or "compromise".
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Tobirama uses this technique in conjunction with the Water Release, trapping the opponent in the massive Water Prison Technique and then destroying it with the explosion of the explosive tags.