|Naruto: Ninja Council 3|
|(ナルト- 最強忍者大結集4 DS, Naruto: Saikyō Ninja Daikesshū 4 DS)|
|Video game info|
|Playable on||Nintendo DS|
|Previous||Naruto: Ninja Council 2 European Version|
|Next||Naruto Shippūden: Ninja Council 4|
|Japanese||April 27, 2006|
|English||May 22, 2007|
Naruto: Ninja Council 3 is the third instalment in the Ninja Council series for the Nintendo DS. The game is essentially Naruto: Saikyō Ninja Daikesshū 4 DS, though its character-related content such as Kimimaro, the Sound Four's special attacks and their alternate forms themselves are changed or removed. The game comes with the Naruto CCG card "Proof of Existance" as an added bonus.
It was released in Europe as Naruto: Ninja Council European Version but with major cuts, several characters removed, some techniques of certain characters removed (most notably Naruto's Rasengan) and a quarter of the missions cut out. However, unlike in the American version, difficulty was not changed (e.g. one mission requiring the player to kill 15 bats in the Japanese and European version was changed to only 10 bats in American one).
Naruto: Ninja Council 3 has similar gameplay to the last two games in the series. The missions take place on a small map. The touch screen serves as both a map and as a place to perform different techniques. Animals and ninja are your typical opponents in the game. On certain missions, you have to fight bosses, which are usually the antagonists from the series. During missions, the player has to defeat the opponent under various conditions (e.g. having your health cut in half, protecting an ally, use a certain move to K.O., etc).
- Naruto Uzumaki (also playable in Nine-Tails form) (Japan only)
- Sasuke Uchiha (also playable in Level 2 Cursed form) (Japan only)
- Sakura Haruno
- Kakashi Hatake
- Shino Aburame
- Kiba Inuzuka (assisted by Akamaru)
- Hinata Hyūga
- Shikamaru Nara
- Ino Yamanaka
- Chōji Akimichi
- Rock Lee
- Neji Hyūga
- Might Guy
- Hiruzen Sarutobi (playable only as a support character)
- Kabuto Yakushi
- Sakon (also playable in Level 2 Cursed form) (Japan only)
- Jirōbō (also playable in Level 2 Cursed form) (Japan only)
- Kidōmaru (also playable in Level 2 Cursed form) (Japan only)
- Tayuya (also playable in Level 2 Cursed form) (Japan only)
- Itachi Uchiha
- Kisame Hoshigaki
- Kimimaro (also playable in Level 2 Cursed form) (Japan only)
- This is one of the few video games where blocking attacks properly can inflict damage to the attacker, which is not a normal case in other video games with a blocking mechanic.
- When Naruto performs his Naruto Uzumaki Combo in both this game and its other counterpart, more than one clone of his performs the spinning heel drop finisher from various angles.
- In the Japanese version, this is also one of the only few games where Sasuke in his 2nd State can perform the Lion Combo.
- Naruto: Saikyō Ninja Daikesshū 4 DS official site (archive)
- Naruto: Ninja Council 3 official page (archive)