The tailed beast Kurama is able to sense emotions such as hatred and killing intent in individuals around it. Kurama has used this ability to find Naruto Uzumaki's inner hatred, which has brought it close to breaking the seal which contained it numerous times before Naruto took control of the fox's chakra himself.
When Naruto achieved the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, he in turn gained access to this ability, aptly displayed when he uncovered Kisame Hoshigaki hiding within Samehada — even though Kisame and the sword both shared the same chakra signature.
- According to Tobi, Mito Uzumaki also possessed this ability.
- In Boruto episode 61, Naruto appears to sense the arrival of the Ōtsutsuki clan members. It's unclear if he used this ability, since he had not entered his Chakra Mode.
- Despite Minato Namikaze having mastered full control of Yin-Kurama sealed inside of him, he didn't demonstrate access to this technique.
- Thanks to this technique, Naruto was key in weeding out the transformed White Zetsu Army clones that were wreaking havoc on the Allied Shinobi Forces during the first night of the Fourth Shinobi World War.
- In Naruto the Movie: Blood Prison, Satori possessed a similar ability, though it could only sense fear.