The user tightly clasps their hands together and extends their middle and index fingers, resembling the Tiger hand seal. Using the full weight of their body, the user thrusts these four fingers between the target's buttocks. Despite the technique's dramatic name, it is not actually harmful. The pain is fairly extreme, however, so much so that, when Kakashi Hatake uses it on Naruto Uzumaki, Naruto comically leaps into the air, travelling a fair distance. Sakura Haruno blushes to see it used and Sasuke Uchiha declares both Kakashi and Naruto "buffoons". The anime shows those who are familiar with One Thousand Years of Death are very unwilling to be subjected to it. It has no effect on unconscious targets.
Naruto later uses this technique against Gaara. Instead of his fingers, Naruto uses a kunai with an exploding tag attached. Unlike previous responses to the technique, Pakkun calls Naruto's attack "brilliant".
- This technique's full name is "Konohagakure Hiden Secret Taijutsu Technique: One Thousand Years of Death" (木ノ葉隠れ秘伝体術奥義・千年殺し, Konohagakure Hiden Taijutsu Ōgi: Sennen Goroshi, Viz: Konohagakure's Most Secret and Sacred Technique: One Thousand Years of Death, English TV: Hidden Leaf Village Secret Finger Jutsu: One Thousand Years of Death, UK DVD: Secret Ninja Technique of the Hidden Leaf School, Death for 1000 Years, English Games "Sacred Taijutsu: 1000 Years of Death").
- The official name for this technique is Sennen Goroshi. However, the name is sometimes thought erroneously to be Sennen Gurushi (千年苦し), meaning something along the lines of "Thousand Years of Pain".
- This technique is modelled after the Kanchō, a Japanese prank common among children.
- In chapter 5 of Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth Full Power Ninja Chronicles, Sakumo Hatake is said to be a user of the technique. At the end of the chapter, Kakashi, Might Guy, and Rock Lee perform a collaboration technique they call "Three Thousand Years of Death" (三千年殺し, San Sennen Goroshi).
- Rin no Sho, page 206
- Naruto chapter 5
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 3
- Naruto episode 53
- Naruto chapter 133, pages 7-9