The user creates up to a thousand shadow clones from one shuriken, striking down the enemy. This is a technique that combines ninja tools with ninjutsu. Compared to normal shadow clones, clones of material objects are said to be on a far higher level. There is no need for preparations beforehand, like stocking up on shuriken, or kunai, yet since the shadow clones are real and not illusions, all the shadow blades that fly around are equally lethal. Because the clones form in just an instant, completely evading them is next to impossible. This technique can also be used on fūma shuriken, increasing its lethality.
- As a technique invented by the Third Hokage, its conceptualisation and efficiency can certainly be said to be unique to the "Professor".
- In the anime, a member of the Watari Ninja masquerading as the Cursed Warrior performed this technique against Team Guy.
- In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower, Minato was shown to be able to use this technique with his Flying Thunder God Kunai.
- In the anime, Jiraiya attempted to perform this technique as a child, but instead clumsily threw a bunch of shuriken after the first one.
- While normally the shuriken appear out of thin air, when used by Hiruzen at one point in the anime, the shuriken manifest from smoke, similar to how the Shadow Clone Technique works.
- First Databook, page 196
- Official Fanbook, page 163
- Naruto chapter 639, page 6
- Naruto episode 163
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 361
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 378