Space–Time Ninjutsu (時空間忍術, Jikūkan Ninjutsu, English TV: "Teleportation Ninjutsu" or "Transportation Techniques", literally meaning: Space–Time Ninja Techniques) are techniques that allow the users to manipulate the space–time continuum.
By manipulating a specific point of space, the user can warp anything targeted into a dimensional void and teleport it to another location instantaneously. Tobirama Senju, Minato Namikaze and Obito Uchiha are all notably skilled users of space–time ninjutsu for example. Space-time techniques are not common, as Shikamaru noted its rarity.
Space–Time Ninjutsu allows one to bypass any Barrier Ninjutsu, as barriers only extend over the dimension they are placed upon, and similarly cannot prevent Space–Time Ninjutsu users from escaping to a dimensional void and then back outside of the barrier's confines.
It appears that each specific space-time technique has its own unique dimensional void that other techniques cannot normally access, however, a skilled user can synchronise their respective dimension with another to gain access to it — a feat which requires an enormous amount of chakra; directly proportional to the distance between the dimensions. Obito for example, despite his ability to use Kamui countless times in a single day without noticeable effects on his chakra reserves struggled to open a portal to one of Kaguya's dimension for even a few seconds. While Kaguya's immense chakra reserves enabled her to connect her dimensions instantly, Black Zetsu noted that repeated use would take a toll on her chakra reserves.
- Daikokuten's Dimension
- Kaguya's Dimensions
- Kamui's Dimension
- Momoshiki's Planet
- Nue's Dimension
- Unidentified World
- Yomotsu Hirasaka is said to be the progenitor of all space–time ninjutsu.
- Certain space–time ninjutsu are sometimes confused with the Body Flicker Technique, as it creates the illusion of the user instantly moving from one place to another. However, whereas space–time ninjutsu actually transport the user to another location through shortcuts in spacetime, the Body Flicker Technique is merely high-speed movement. Despite this, the Flying Thunder God Technique is regularly called the "Body Flicker Technique" by various individuals, including the technique's creator.
- Further confusion exists in some translations of the series. In Viz's English translations, the Body Flicker Technique is called "Teleportation", whereas space–time ninjutsu are generally referred to as "Transportation Techniques".
- In Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel, Temujin summoned a distortion in space-time using his blood to activate the contract in the Sealing Room. However, the civilians of Temujin's Continent do not know what chakra and ninjutsu are, this remains debatable whether it can be counted as an actual ninjutsu.
- Though shinobi typically retrieve their tools by unsealing them from a scroll, some have shown the ability to use space-time ninjutsu to summon objects.
- Naruto chapter 92, page 13
- Boruto chapter 39, page 10
- Naruto chapter 500, page 14
- Naruto chapter 502, page 11
- Naruto chapter 644, pages 12-13
- Naruto chapter 597, page 6
- Naruto chapter 683, pages 14-15
- Naruto chapter 685, page 6
- Naruto chapter 684, page 15
- Fourth Databook, page 302
- Naruto chapter 395, page 9
- Naruto chapter 240, page 10
- Naruto chapter 637, page 14
- Naruto chapter 185, pages 3-4
- Naruto chapter 381, page 12
- Naruto chapter 592, pages 9-11
- Naruto chapter 639, page 6