Space–Time Ninjutsu (時空間忍術, Jikūkan Ninjutsu, English TV: "Teleportation Ninjutsu" or "Transportation Techniques", Literally meaning: Space–Time Ninja Techniques) are techniques that allow the users to manipulate the space–time continuum.
By manipulating a specific point of space, the user can warp anything targeted into a dimensional void and teleport it to another location instantaneously. Minato Namikaze, Obito Uchiha and Tobirama Senju are notably skilled users of space–time ninjutsu.
Space–Time Ninjutsu allows one to bypass any Barrier Ninjutsu, as barriers only extend over the dimension they are placed upon, and similarly cannot prevent Space–Time Ninjutsu users from escaping to a dimensional void and then back outside of the barrier's confines.
It appears that each specific space-time technique has its own unique dimensional void that other techniques cannot normally access, however, a user can synchronise their respective dimension with another to gain access to it. To achieve this feat, however, requires an enormous amount of chakra; directly proportional to the distance between dimensions. Obito for example, despite his ability to use Kamui countless times in a single day without noticeable effects on his chakra reserves struggled to open a portal to one of Kaguya's dimension for even a few seconds. While Kaguya's immense chakra reserves enabled her to connect her dimensions instantly, Black Zetsu noted that repeated use would take a toll on her chakra reserves.
- Yomotsu Hirasaka is said to be the progenitor of all space–time ninjutsu.
- In Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel, Temujin summoned a distortion in space-time using his blood to activate the contract in the Sealing Room. However, the civilians of Temujin's Continent do not know what chakra and ninjutsu are, this remains debatable whether it can be counted as an actual ninjutsu.
- Though summoning of ninja tools is commonly associated with the use of the Unsealing Technique, some shinobi have shown the ability to use space-time ninjutsu to summon objects.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Naruto chapter 92, page 13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 500, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 502, page 11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 644, pages 12-13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 597, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 683, pages 14-15
- ↑ Naruto chapter 685, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 684, page 15
- ↑ Fourth Databook, page 302
- ↑ Naruto chapter 381, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 592, page 9
- ↑ Naruto chapter 639, page 6