- I vote for the latter. Too many unknowns to do that and even if, they're two separate things. The statue just seems like a body for the Ten-Tails to inhibit, not its actual body which was sealed into the moon.--Cerez365™(talk) 17:20, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Definitely wait. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 17:24, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I think we should wait because theoretically the Ten-tails was firstly closed inside the Moon, which was a chibaku tensei of the Rikodou, so it is not sure if the Gedo Mazou is really some sort of container/invocating statue or not. Actually I'm not even sure on how will the ten-tails let Tobi go on with his plans and how will the statue affect on that. So I think they shouldn't be merged even knowing it, because maybe they're different things. Template loop detected: User:Khaliszt/sig subst
- Definitely wait. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 17:24, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
^ Yes, because Madara said the Rinnegan enabled him to break the seal of the Sage that held the Ten-tails's body in it.
In Chapter 610 page 6, Madara refers to the Ten-Tails as "Mazo"... Does this not confirm that the Gedo Mazo is the Ten-Tails after all... Merger time?...--D!ABLO-32 (talk) 13:42, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Still against it. This chapter also gave the Ten-Tails a characteristic the statue was never mentioned to have, being like a force of nature, and as such being sensable by Sage Mode. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:13, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
its just words swaying madara says chakra of the mazo, obito says power of the juubi, meh. or btw elvenora its just all bijuu chakra, the juubi is the fusion of all tailed beasts not body, it can go from body to body chris brown yeahaaa.--Manga-anime90001 (talk) 10:47, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
Excuse me...Members of the Wiki, I am a Naruto fan that likes to be surfing in this Wiki, I just checked the new Naruto chapter that debuted today, where Kurama explained to everyone what he knew about the Ten-Tails, and while he was doing it, a new image of the Ten-Tails was seen, even if it was only its back, the Ten-Tails looked kinda different, with more spiky protusions on its back and on its tails. Shouldn't this be added to the Appearence part of his page? —This unsigned comment was made by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) .
I saw User:Cerez365 added son info on the other Jübi name, Datara. But I create this page to discuss it because referring to the source he used, it had only one leg, and we can see the Ten-Tails has more than one.. Anyway I just want to discuss why this would be like that, and NOT the fact that it was corrected to Datara, I think Cerez365 searched and took an extremely accurate source, even taking to consider the "blacksmithing" thing, it's been said that the Ten-tails created many things so it wouldn't be surprising! My guess is simply that a Beast with only one leg is much more unsurprising that such of a Beast like Ten Tails.. and Kishimoto knows that, lol Khaliszt (talk)
- They've never been referred to with gender-specific pronouns in Japanese. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:05, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think we should treat it as a Tailed Beasts, as they were created by So6p from it's chakra... it's more of a God/demon if anything. Even though it was sealed in the grandpa Rikudou, Tailed Beasts are just a mass of living chakra (physical and spiritual energy given soul/consciousness) while the Ten-Tail's chakra got ripped and it's body remained and it had to be sealed in the moon. Not to mention it's highly likely that Gedo Statue Guy is "it" thus that goes against the definition of a Tailed Beasts (being chakra monster) while the Ten-Tails was "the progenitor"--Elveonora (talk) 11:29, August 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Wouldn't classifying it/ the tailed beasts as demons inaccurate o.O?--Cerez365™(talk) 17:48, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
This is the best scan I could find of chapter 510, and the eye seems to be missing the tomoes for me.
'Progenitor' means an ancestor in the direct line. The tailed beasts, and the sage were implying this to naruto, kurama thought back on.
Why is it that the silhouette of the Ten-Tails still being used? The only thing possibly wrong was the missing set of tomoe but in chapter 606, when Madara sent Obito into a genjutsu to explain his plan, when Madara depicted the Ten-Tails carving it was shown with only 2 rows of tomoe. Kishi could have changed the design, he has done so with other things. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 11:50, November 18, 2012 (UTC)
Bump126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:35,
November 19, 2012 (UTC)
I wouldn't jump to that answer. The mural in 606 only really shows the face and is frightfully inadequate being a mural of the creature with the sage in it. If anything the image at the end of 609 is better, but given we're likely to get an even better picture of it next week, I think the higher ups basically decided it was pointless to swap it out when a better image was right around the corner and chose wait it out. If for some reason we don't get a new picture, we'll likely swap it out for the full body shot in 609. --Hawkeye2701 (talk) 03:24, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
True, but the question was, why are we still using the silhouette image. Simple answer, even if retconned a mural picture doesn't cut it and timing allows for us to get a better shot come the small hours of Wednesday morning. So all we need to resolve that matter is a little patience. But if it's that big a deal, trivia about the seeming retcon can be added to trivia, right? --Hawkeye2701 (talk) 03:34, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
What retcon is everybody talking about regarding the eye? So it's missing a ring and three tomoe, it makes sense, considering that the Ten-Tails is technically incomplete. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:45, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- In my opinion, there are none. Every picture of the Ten-Tails has just been awful.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 19:02, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Hell the best picture of it is when it roars, and that is still terrible.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 19:03, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- I think the latest chapter gave us enough good images. Derigar (talk) 19:36, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
The reason why the tentails is "awfully displayed is becaused it is fully formed due to not having the 8 tails and nine tails sealed in the gedo mazou before hand. --Naruto6paths (talk) 19:53, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
Okay, I never expected my one question to get this much response, but I want to add that I dont agree with the last post. I think the Ten-Tails appearance has been retconned, the two sihlouette used for this page don't exactly match how Kurama explained the Ten-Tails to Naruto. The two images were from times that Obito talked about the Ten-Tails, which were from a couple years ago. Kurama is more reliable to its appearance than Obito because Kurama is a part of the Ten-Tails. Also the two remaining biju regonise it as the Ten-Tails, I would expect them to say something if it looked different. Also the mural from chapter 606 depicted it with how it looks like now in chapter 610. I can expect that the higher ups and some others to not agree on this, but keep an open mind because we might have a new flashback in upcoming chapters depicting the complete Ten-Tails with all its details because Kishi has no reason to shade it all anymore.--188.8.131.52 (talk) 09:31, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
This is naruto 6 paths speaking, the 10 tails from what you saw there is an incomplete ten-tails. You can say its like an incomplete sharingan it hasn't been completed to its potential. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:10, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
But both the Eight-Tails and Nine-Tails both say that is the Ten-Tails. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't say anything if it changed as much as this wiki says. But it doesn't change the fact that its appearance has changed a significantly from the silhouette from a couple years ago.--220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:47, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
Ok, it's pretty obvious the Ten-Tails has a plant-like look. It's body is covered by veins, its tails look like closed buds (and in its complete form those ones looks like foliage) and it has branch-like spiky protrusions on its back (well, the Mazou also have them, but you get the idea) I think it's worthy to add that to the Appearance section. Adept-eX (talk) 02:05, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- It's skin is what? I highly doubt that beast's body has the same construct as the statue. It looks like it has flesh. Also, I'd assume you're saying it looks plant-like simply because of the lines on its body, which I don't see.--Cerez365™(talk) 07:21, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
Didn't a ton of people guess the Gedo Mazo's statue was made of wood? I suggest holding off until it's texture is made clearly visible by the anime or a colored manga page. Skarrj (talk) 10:08, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
Ok... So Madara and Tobi both physically connect with the Ten-Tails, giving them the ability to control it. This ability to connect is mentioned on the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path's page, though not here. Skarrj (talk) 10:12, November 22, 2012 (UTC)