|This is the article on the chapter. For the actual seal, head to Seal of Reconciliation. For other uses, see Seal of Reconciliation (disambiguation).|
"The Seal of Reconciliation" (和解の印, Wakai no In, Viz: Unison Sign) is chapter 699 of the original Naruto manga.
Naruto and Sasuke both lie defeated on what appears to be the statues' hands forming a seal of reconciliation. Meanwhile, Sakura and Kakashi arrive at the Valley of the End to witness Naruto and Sasuke both lying next to each other. Sakura begins to heal both Naruto and Sasuke. Then Sasuke apologises to a teary-eyed Sakura for what he has done to her. As the duo are both rejuvenated, they then release everyone from the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Samui and Atsui are also freed from the Benihisago respectively, thanks to Tenten and Darui. The tailed beasts from Sasuke's Chibaku Tensei are also freed. At Konohagakure, a memorial service is held for Neji. Tsunade has also stepped down at some point, with Kakashi as her successor. For his role in ending the war and the Infinite Tsukuyomi, Kakashi, as Hokage, officially pardons Sasuke for his past crimes. Sasuke then bids farewell to Sakura and leaves Konoha. As Sasuke departs, he meets Naruto who hands him over his forehead protector which he discarded during their battle in the Valley years ago.
- A Naruto: Colour Edition version of this chapter was included with the digital release of Weekly Shōnen Jump 2014 #50.
- The Last: Naruto the Movie takes place in between this chapter and chapter 700 and is officially classified as chapter "699.5".
- The volume release of this chapter makes two additions:
- Hinata's awakening from the Infinite Tsukuyomi is lengthened by two panels.
- Naruto and Sasuke's combined Seal of Reconciliation is given a two-page spread.