FANDOM


  • Oh, and how long time did the third war last?

      Loading editor
    • You mean the 4th War? It lasted only a few days. Maybe 2-4 days. Not more than that, since I remember night falling for the first time when Kakshi's squad was engaged with the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist; Gaara and Onoki's squad were approaching the 4 revived Kage; and when Obito stole the sealing vessel in which Kinkaku and Ginkaku were sealed. The next day the four Edo Tensei Kages were defeated, then Madara was revived and by night time of the same day the Juubi had also been revived. Kaguya was probably defeated in the same night or the next morning. At least that's the impression that I got from the manga.

        Loading editor
    • BakumatsuWarrior, I think he spoke about the third war.

        Loading editor
    • LanceR 97 wrote: BakumatsuWarrior, I think he spoke about the third war.

      Well he said "Oh, and how long time did the third war last?" which seems to suggest that he's asking about the 3rd War and another "War", which I assumed was the 4th War.

      And talking about how long the 3rd War lasted, I think it was about a decade. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that the 3rd War started when Minato rescued Kushina from the Kumogakure nins who abducted her for Kurama's powers? Minato and Kushina were kids then, but they were still fighting in the war by the time they were adults. So if the war was instigated by the incident with Kumo, then that war definitely lasted for more than a decade.

        Loading editor
    • The third war is an interesting matter... let's see

      Obito first "death" occured when he was 13, and he was roughly the same age as Kakashi. Kakashi was 26, in the beginning of the series which happened 12 years after the Kyubi attack( where based on these facts Kakashi was 14). So according to this, the War was on a year before the Kyubi attack.

      Another fact we can base our calculations on is the age of the Ame Orphans. Yahiko died 15 yrs old, and Nagato was 35 when he died(roughly 17 yrs after Kyubi attack), which would make him 18 years old during the Kyubi attack. So, if he was born roughly at the same as his team-mates that would lead to conclusion that, that Yahiko's death happened about 2-3 years before the Kyubi attack. Which contradicts the previous paragraph, as we know that Obito's "death" happened before Yahiko's. :( So we don't know which one is the correct...


      Another fact we know is that Itachi was 4 years old when he had seen the battlefields of the 3rd war. Itachi was 18 when he appeared in Part 1 ( though this data comes from Databook 2, so we might say that he was only 17 during the very start of the series). So he was around 5-6 during Kyubi attack, that would mean that around 1-2 years before the Kyubi attack the war was definitely on.

      As we can see these data are somewhat contradictory, I believe Kishi didn't think it over. I believe that between the "death" of Obito and the death of Rin there was at least 5 months.

      I made a rough third war timeline. (4-5 years before Kyubi Incident) -Third War Starts -Akatsuki starts Amegakure Civil Wars ( the actual start may have been before the war, but it surely wage concurrently to the 3rd war for a time) -Kabuto is found by Nono after a battle

      (3-4 years before Kyubi incident) -Sasori gets the moniker "of the Red Sand" -Minato gets the moniker "Yellow Flash" -Kakashi gets promoted to Jonin -Obito's "Death" -Destruction of Kannabi Bridge -Obito healing at Madara's -Obito awakeaning and training in the cave for a quite a long time

      (2-3 years before Kyubi attack) -Minato fights with A and B - Rin gets captured - Obito witnessing Rin's death - Madara preparing Obito for his role in Tsuki no Me - Maito Dai dies against the 7 swordsmen - Madara's death -Obito aprroaches Ame Orphans

      (1-2 years before Kyubi attack) -Sasori kills the Kazekage and leaves the village -Searches for the Kazekage -Orochimaru meets Kabuto for the first time - Akatsuki with high chances of winning in the Civil War -Third Raikages's death -A becomes 4th Raikage -Because the war was still on Rasa appointed as 4th Kazekage, searches for the 3rd still goes on. -Yahiko's death, Nagato becomes "Pein" -Itachi witnesses the terror of the war. -Third war ended

        Loading editor
    • To Geri-sama: Thank you thank you thank you!!! This time-line has been unbelievable helpful!! I'm genuinely grateful for your effort ~

      To BakumatsuWarrior: Err... I kinda meant the third war, when I wrote, but your answer definitely enlighted me, too!! Sorry the confusion ~

        Loading editor
    • around 2 and a half days i think ^_^

        Loading editor
    • To Overlord Unicorn, you're welcome, I tried to gather my knowledge, I'm also very interested about this topic

        Loading editor
    • @Gerisama: Thanks for reminding us about the glaring timeline issues Kishi introduced when he revealed that the masked man was Obito. I think making Obito the villain was one of the biggest mistakes Kishi made in the series (along with Kaguya the Rabbit Bitch, who was a boring-ass villain). It introduced all sorts of timeline issues, along with the fact that a 13 year-old going batshit crazy for "romantic love" sounds lame as fuck. 13 year-olds boys only have crushes and masturbate to porn; they don't go around plotting the end of the world and killing their own senseis, especially if the 13 year-old in question had a very kind heart before his "crush" died.

        Loading editor
    • ^ thats not a timelime issue at all...you just stated your own damn opinions which pretty much dont matter

        Loading editor
    • BakumatsuWarrior wrote: @Gerisama: Thanks for reminding us about the glaring timeline issues Kishi introduced when he revealed that the masked man was Obito. I think making Obito the villain was one of the biggest mistakes Kishi made in the series (along with Kaguya the Rabbit Bitch, who was a boring-ass villain). It introduced all sorts of timeline issues, along with the fact that a 13 year-old going batshit crazy for "romantic love" sounds lame as fuck. 13 year-olds boys only have crushes and masturbate to porn; they don't go around plotting the end of the world and killing their own senseis, especially if the 13 year-old in question had a very kind heart before his "crush" died.

      Wow, what a horribly worded and extremely one-sided opinion that is in no way truth at all. Love has caused many wars, deaths, tragedies, etc. over the course of history. Like, seriously, pick up a history book. People will do some horrible things in the name of lost love and, you'll find, most of the people who perpetrate these crimes out of lost love tend to be younger rather than older.

      Secondly, really? Are you inferring that Obito is unrealistic because teenage boys don't have the capacity for anything but blind lust? Have you met a teenage boy (or been one?). I'd have a hard time believing either based on your statement alone.

      Love is a powerful emotion and thirteen year old anybodys (boys or otherwise) are extremely impressible and easily influenced emotionally. Now, not all of them are 'shinobi' capable of destroying the world with their crazy eye powers, but there are a reason that people go crazy and do things like commit mass murder (pick your poison on how they do this), or do something as tragic as take their own lives.

      Forgive the harshness of this next statement, but I hate when people who have no idea what they're talking about try to be literary critics.

        Loading editor
    • Ten Tailed Fox wrote:

      BakumatsuWarrior wrote: @Gerisama: Thanks for reminding us about the glaring timeline issues Kishi introduced when he revealed that the masked man was Obito. I think making Obito the villain was one of the biggest mistakes Kishi made in the series (along with Kaguya the Rabbit Bitch, who was a boring-ass villain). It introduced all sorts of timeline issues, along with the fact that a 13 year-old going batshit crazy for "romantic love" sounds lame as fuck. 13 year-olds boys only have crushes and masturbate to porn; they don't go around plotting the end of the world and killing their own senseis, especially if the 13 year-old in question had a very kind heart before his "crush" died.

      Wow, what a horribly worded and extremely one-sided opinion that is in no way truth at all. Love has caused many wars, deaths, tragedies, etc. over the course of history. Like, seriously, pick up a history book. People will do some horrible things in the name of lost love and, you'll find, most of the people who perpetrate these crimes out of lost love tend to be younger rather than older.

      Secondly, really? Are you inferring that Obito is unrealistic because teenage boys don't have the capacity for anything but blind lust? Have you met a teenage boy (or been one?). I'd have a hard time believing either based on your statement alone.

      Love is a powerful emotion and thirteen year old anybodys (boys or otherwise) are extremely impressible and easily influenced emotionally. Now, not all of them are 'shinobi' capable of destroying the world with their crazy eye powers, but there are a reason that people go crazy and do things like commit mass murder (pick your poison on how they do this), or do something as tragic as take their own lives.

      Forgive the harshness of this next statement, but I hate when people who have no idea what they're talking about try to be literary critics.

      That being said, Obito being Tobi was incredibly boring in the predictability of it.

        Loading editor
    • Ten Tailed Fox wrote: Wow, what a horribly worded and extremely one-sided opinion that is in no way truth at all. Love has caused many wars, deaths, tragedies, etc. over the course of history. Like, seriously, pick up a history book. People will do some horrible things in the name of lost love and, you'll find, most of the people who perpetrate these crimes out of lost love tend to be younger rather than older.

      Secondly, really? Are you inferring that Obito is unrealistic because teenage boys don't have the capacity for anything but blind lust? Have you met a teenage boy (or been one?). I'd have a hard time believing either based on your statement alone.

      Love is a powerful emotion and thirteen year old anybodys (boys or otherwise) are extremely impressible and easily influenced emotionally. Now, not all of them are 'shinobi' capable of destroying the world with their crazy eye powers, but there are a reason that people go crazy and do things like commit mass murder (pick your poison on how they do this), or do something as tragic as take their own lives.

      Forgive the harshness of this next statement, but I hate when people who have no idea what they're talking about try to be literary critics.

      Err nope I never said people don't do bad stuff for love. I merely stated that a 13 year-old going about with the "destroy the world" and ruthlessly killing people along the way is simply ridiculous. Why is that so difficult to understand? Did your childhood crush ditch you when you were 13 so now you get butthurt whenever someone trashes teenage "love"? Well whatever. No need to get so butthurt.

      And yes, I know something about history. Almost all wars were chiefly caused by nationalism, xenophobia, lust for power and dominion, natural resources, religion, etc. I don't know a single major war that was fought for "love". Crimes of passion? Certainly, they're too many. But wars? NOPE. Why don't YOU pick up a history book? Also by any chance, are you a big fan of cheesy romance films that says "love conquers all"? Love seems like a touchy issue for you.

      P.S. I never claimed I was a literary critc. Also, I've been a teenage boy, I've had my crushes, and most importantly, I watched a fuck lot of porn during those days instead of plotting the end of the world just because I couldn't get some of my crushes to date me.

        Loading editor
    • @BakumatsuWarrior,

      Uhh, let's recap.

      Yes, Obito was a teenage boy. That means any sort of heart break hurts a whole lot worse, since you're just around hitting puberty and those hormones are killer.

      Not only that, it wasn't JUST that his love died. He sacrificed his life so she and his best friend could live (I know that he survived, but he still made that sacrifice, Madara just saved him). Obito's best friend promised to keep Rin safe at any cost.

      Then, he finds out Kakashi and Rin are in trouble, so he rushes to save them. Along the way, he finds out his sensei won't be on time to save them, again. When he gets there, he sees Kakashi, his best friend, with his hand through Rin, his love, with Chidori, the Jutsu that the eye Obito gave him helped complete.

      I'm not surprised he was messed up.

        Loading editor
    • And now back to the original topic please.

        Loading editor
    • GerizzyYMcrew wrote: ^ thats not a timelime issue at all...you just stated your own damn opinions which pretty much dont matter

      Indeed it's just my opinion. But I think there's enough inconsistencies to regard it as a timeline issue. So let me break down Gerisama's objections pointwise:

      1. Jiraiya taught the 3 Ame orphans during the 2nd War, most likely before he mentored Minato.

      2. Even if he mentored Minato before mentoring the Ame orphans, Minato and Nagato should roughly be the same age (Nagato might be a bit older, given that the manga seems to suggest that the training of the Ame orphans took place before Minato's)

      3. Yet the Wiki page says that Minato died aged 24, while Yahiko died at age 15 and Nagato died at age 35.

      4. This is inconsistent because Minato would have been 40 during the Pain Arc, yet the supposedly older Nagato was only 35 when he attacked Konoha.

      5. That's not all. Minato was probably 22-23 years old when Obito "died" at the battle of Kannabi Bridge. That would place Nagato and Yahiko in their early 20's during Obito's "death"

      6. Yet Yahiko died at at age 15, and during that time Minato too would have been in his teens, just like Nagato and Konan.

      7. But Obito had turned evil and manipulated the Ame orphans before Yahiko died, which implies that Obito turned evil when Minato was in his teens.

      8. But we know from the manga that Minato was older than 21 years old when Obito turned evil, which is a clear contradiction.

      Hence, there are severe timeline issues involved.

      But someone could argue that Minato was trained before Nagato, and that makes Minato older than Nagato. However, there are several problems with this line of reasoning:

      i) The 2nd War started when the Sanin were in their teens. Nawaki died in that war, and Tsunade was a teen during that time (as clearly depicted in the manga).

      ii) So it follows from Point (i) that the Sanin were busy throughout their teens and maybe till they were age 20 because of the 2nd War. That means it's highly unlikely Jiraiya trained his genin squad (with Minato) during the War.

      iii) We know Jiraiya trained the Ame orphans towards the end of the 2nd War. He spent 3 years near Ame to prepare them for the hardships ahead. It is generally assumed that the war was already over by that time. Because if it hadn't, Jiraiya wouldn't have had an easy time staying with Nagato & co. due to the war.

      iv) From Point (ii) we've established that Minato being trained during the 2nd War was highly unlikely. From Point (iii) we know that Nagato was trained towards the end of the war. So the only likely period when Minato was trained by Jiraiya was after Nagato's training. Hence Minato and Nagato should roughly be the same age, with Nagato being most likely older. And this creates timeline issues.


      <irrelevant rant>


      AsianReaper wrote: Yes, Obito was a teenage boy. That means any sort of heart break hurts a whole lot worse, since you're just around hitting puberty and those hormones are killer.

      Still a lame motivation. Plus those hormones would impair his rational mind, without which manipulating Yagura, Kirigakura and Akatsuki would have been impossible. Also, even if we accept that the plot of "an innocent 13 year old boy turning into the most evil bastard in the whole world" is sensible enough, but still, Obito's feats of manipulating Yagura; Kirigakure; Iwagakure; Yahiko-era Akatsuki; Pein-era Akatsuki; and a whole lot of other people we don't know about; is still hard to digest.

      We must remember that 13-year old Obito was not like 13 year old Itachi, who was wayyyyy matured for his age. Obito was naive, innocent and clumsy. Are we supposed to believe that some 14 year old punk who was clumsy as hell suddenly turned into the greatest manipulator in the entire series? That simply doesn't make sense. At least Itachi was shown to be incredibly matured at a young age. Obito was basically Naruto with a sharingan. It's his steep and sudden transition from clumsy to Master Manipulator, as well as his Rin issues, that makes Obito so unconvincing as a villain.

      </irrelevant rant>

        Loading editor
    • ^ was minato's age given specifically in the manga or databooks?

        Loading editor
    • 24 at time of death.

        Loading editor
    • If you count chapter 698 as the "ending of the war" then it lasted 4 full days (or 3?).

        Loading editor
    • @Bakamatsu Warrior, Madara was the one who schooled Obito. He trained him to be a near mirror image of him. And like I said before, wasn't ONLY Rin that made him go crazy. It was everything leading up to it. He just realized he didn't want to live in a world where a shinobi system had his best friend stabbing his love through the chest. Being a kid, he ran away from the real world instead of trying to pull through it. Madara's influence didn't help either

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.