FANDOM


  • 2 weeks since the entrance ceremony and Boruto's already managed to get himself into a fight with the tough kid.

    Some interesting notes were that the war was said to be 10 years ago, making the time of this arc 5 years before the current manga and the Boruto: Naruto the Movie. Naruto is regarded as the strongest Hokage in history, and lastly Super Beast Imitating Drawing: now available in colour.

    How would you rate episode 2?
     
    12
     
    7
     
    21
     
    56
     
    78
     

    The poll was created at 10:01 on April 12, 2017, and so far 174 people voted.


    Discussion of illegal links, sites, and videos is prohibited.

      Loading editor
    • It's ok.

        Loading editor
    • I liked it. It was a nice, fun episode. I liked that the fight wasn't won on brute strength but rather via reason, namely that he considered himself above the rest yet by picking up his weapon in rage disproved his argument.

      Also, Chouchou. She's great.

        Loading editor
    • it was a pretty decent episode

        Loading editor
    • look at the theme song vid kawaka is in it on 1:42 below shikadai I think he goes to the academy

        Loading editor
    • Sarutobii2 wrote: Some interesting notes were that the war was said to be 10 years ago, making the time of this arc 5 years before the current manga and the Boruto: Naruto the Movie.

      Did we ever got a reference of time in any of these two?

        Loading editor
    • I think iwabe is kawaki

        Loading editor
    • A good episode. It's interesting to see the development of the Naruto universe's society. Now that peace has been achieved, it really feels like times are slowly moving away from the shinobi life. Some people now complain that shinobi don't get to shine like in the past and people like Kawaki want do get rid of it all together. This is what I like the most about the series so far.

        Loading editor
    • There is character design [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

        Loading editor
    • God another episode where they pulled a Sakura on Sarada. Even the class rep had a better character development... I don't have the feeling the voice actress matches the Sarada good enouge. Also the voice of metal lee...

      When I gave the first episode a 4/5. This one is only a 2/5. The fighting scene's where ok but the direction was totally off. The scene should have reflected that strategy should surpass strength what was totally not the case in this episode. You basicly pulled out any possible rival he could have in his class since he clearly surpassed them all just after his first day... It doesn't make sence add all that he could overpower a kid that is two years older than him and supposed to be a master in combat (seriously even the teachers find him strong and f*cking shino is their) suddenly lose against someone that just entered the school. Seriously he couldn't beat 10 non ninja users in the first episode and even had to use shadow clones against 4. The logic is just totally off. The last two episodes has been an ego trip so far while the the actually strategical fights we had hoped for just aren't their.

      I really hope someone made a mess from the preview because they are going to kill Metal Lee ...

        Loading editor
    • Sharingan91 wrote: There is character design [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

      Someone image best of Denki, so we can include Denki's height in his infobox??

        Loading editor
    • Nice episode, but I have a feeling any time a new character appears we'll be like "I think ____ is Kawaki" lmao. Guess the new purple hair chick is the next Hinata. So her vs. Sarada will eventually happen.

        Loading editor
    • I'm really enjoying the Boruto Anime. I think they're doing a great job at capturing the magic of Naruto, what got most of us into the series in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • Sumire is the new Hinata. I ship them, but I'm afraid it's sunk anyway. She's not even included in the movie or manga yet.

        Loading editor
    • Sulina wrote: Sumire is the new Hinata. I ship them, but I'm afraid it's sunk anyway. She's not even included in the movie or manga yet.

      Kishi said in the Boruto interview that by making the love triangle aspect of Team 7 it helped grow Naruto's popularity. I've seen this movie before, in 3 years when Sumire loses Kishi will get a petition to be banned from the US

        Loading editor
    • It's a meh episode. Like I said before, Sarada's new apparel is disgusting, but I guess it's not as bad since the anime is adapting to the superior artstyle. I also don't like how new characters are introduced in the Academy, yet were never seen in Gaiden, the movie, and the manga. It basically means that this arc is complete filler

        Loading editor
    • UltimaDude wrote: It's a meh episode. Like I said before, Sarada's new apparel is disgusting, but I guess it's not as bad since the anime is adapting to the superior artstyle. I also don't like how new characters are introduced in the Academy, yet were never seen in Gaiden, the movie, and the manga. It basically means that this arc is complete filler

      I think that there weren't any reason to introduce them before. The movie wasn't focused in introducing all characters, it was Boruto's introduction. The manga is not showing this initial arc and we would probably have ignored any character in Gaiden that is not a child of a character that we already know.

        Loading editor
    • Philip Uzumaki wrote: I think iwabe is kawaki

      me everytime I hear ppl think a random character is Kawaki: Denki is Kawaki! Iwabe is Kawaki! he is kawaki. she is kawaki. I am kawaki! you are Kawaki. EVERYONE IS KAWAKI!!!

      i'm sorry. but this annoyed the hell out me to hear ppl think a random character is Kawaki.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I'd like to repeat someone's earlier post in other thread: why can't Kawaki stay Kawaki?

        Loading editor
    • Boruto will be badass.

        Loading editor
    • Donlykdave wrote: look at the theme song vid kawaka is in it on 1:42 below shikadai I think he goes to the academy

      Nope, it is the guy that appears with Denki after Metal Lee during team's introduction in the opening.

      @Ravenlot 27 Yes, I don't get it too. People become obsessed with Kawaki.

      @Sulina Yeah, very likely Boruto will end up with Sarada, a union between Uzumaki and Uchiha (also daughter of Indra's incarnation marrying the son of Asura's incarnation, another symbolic thingy after Sasuke and Naruto broke the cycle)

        Loading editor
    • Lux17 wrote: I think that there weren't any reason to introduce them before. The movie wasn't focused in introducing all characters, it was Boruto's introduction. The manga is not showing this initial arc and we would probably have ignored any character in Gaiden that is not a child of a character that we already know.

      You're missing my point. The events of the Gaiden, the movie, and the manga occurred after the events occurring in the anime. The anime introduced these new characters, but they are never shown in Gaiden, the movie, and the manga, which, like I said, occurred after the current arc in the anime. Basically, this arc is complete filler

        Loading editor
    • i liked the episode but i have one question, why does EVERYONE think Iwabe is Kawaki. I mean Iwabe dropped out of the academy one year before Boruto came. I don't think Kawaki could kill Naruto if he was No Brains all Bronze.

        Loading editor
    • Boruto's fight with Iwabe reminds me lot about Sasuke. Remember Sasuke's first attempt to snatch the bells from kakashi, It's uncannily similar to Boruto 's first frontal attempt. In lot of ways he 's better than naruto ever was in the academy.

        Loading editor
    • Taking place 10 years after the war, we assume that Boruto is 8-years old at max. 7-8 years old? Wow, he and the others look older than they appear to be. The timeline is confusing me as well as the character designs, depicting their age. I just feel like Boruto is almost the same age as Naruto was at the start of the Naruto franchise.

        Loading editor
    • yeah, they are supposed to look 10, but actually are 7-8. its very confusing for sure. but that means that Naruto is barely 30. and im pretty sure, whoever said that boruto was better than academy Naruto, just remember what academy Naruto looked like. for real, he was an actual little kid, compared to these kids. oh, and academy sasuke could've killed iwabe with just a fire ball, now that I think bout it. I get a feeling that this generation is gonna be the weakest one yet.

        Loading editor
    • Lorenzo.r.1st wrote: whoever said that boruto was better than academy Naruto, just remember what academy Naruto looked like. for real, he was an actual little kid, compared to these kids. oh, and academy sasuke could've killed iwabe with just a fire ball, now that I think bout it. I get a feeling that this generation is gonna be the weakest one yet.

      duh this is the first day in the academy. Naruto was barely able to use chakra even after 2 years of academy training. And Plus I don't think Sasuke had fire style jutsu before the academy. Also that Iwabe guy was practically holding back without using proper ninjutsu like that earth release he demonstrated. So if I were you I would hold my horses.
      Besides it's quite refreshing to have someone with naruto's morality and sasuke's skills at that age. Boruto's kind of kid which everyone wants popular kids to be like. It's great starter for a new hero..
        Loading editor
    • sasuke had it. remember the lake scene? that's where both itachi and his dad taught him that, and they were only present in his life during the academy time. don't worry. I am holding my horses. image if academy kakashi, itachi, minato, orochi, or people like that, fought iwabe? image the rekt? but yeah, overall, I was sooo fucking happy to see boruto get his ass handed to him! hell yeah!

        Loading editor
    • that's after starting academy not before. Honestly I think it was best possible outcome for both of them.

        Loading editor
    • As stated 1000 times before, Boruto is already stronger than Naruto was at the same age, even without any jinchuuriki hax business.

        Loading editor
    • lol at the same age? did u read the other comments? and by the way, didn't Naruto murder mizuki without kurama at all? exactly.

        Loading editor
    • Naruto has had Kurama since birth, the seal was made so a little bit of Kurama's chakra always leaks and mixes with Naruto's, the only reason why he was able to make so many clones in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • funny, cuz he was gonna have some of kurama's chakra even if he wanst the jinchuriki. guess that counts as his own power, if he was gonna be born with it. so no kurama amps at all. and during the first arc of shippuden, he had 4 times kakashi's chakra. it would make sense if he had twice of kakashi's chakra during the first part.

        Loading editor
    • Jens Ingels wrote: God another episode where they pulled a Sakura on Sarada. Even the class rep had a better character development... I don't have the feeling the voice actress matches the Sarada good enouge. Also the voice of metal lee...

      When I gave the first episode a 4/5. This one is only a 2/5. The fighting scene's where ok but the direction was totally off. The scene should have reflected that strategy should surpass strength what was totally not the case in this episode. You basicly pulled out any possible rival he could have in his class since he clearly surpassed them all just after his first day... It doesn't make sence add all that he could overpower a kid that is two years older than him and supposed to be a master in combat (seriously even the teachers find him strong and f*cking shino is their) suddenly lose against someone that just entered the school. Seriously he couldn't beat 10 non ninja users in the first episode and even had to use shadow clones against 4. The logic is just totally off. The last two episodes has been an ego trip so far while the the actually strategical fights we had hoped for just aren't their.

      I really hope someone made a mess from the preview because they are going to kill Metal Lee ...

      Actually I think the fight was more about standing up for what you believe in.


      UltimaDude wrote: It's a meh episode. Like I said before, Sarada's new apparel is disgusting, but I guess it's not as bad since the anime is adapting to the superior artstyle. I also don't like how new characters are introduced in the Academy, yet were never seen in Gaiden, the movie, and the manga. It basically means that this arc is complete filler

      I don't really think it is a filler arc since it's a completely new anime.

      Lorenzo.r.1st wrote: lol at the same age? did u read the other comments? and by the way, didn't Naruto murder mizuki without kurama at all? exactly.

      Actually he just beat him til he was unconscious didn't murder him.

        Loading editor
    • I was surprised when metal lee didn't get 1st place in the physical test

        Loading editor
    • I'll wait til the real story kicks off or something other than mindless and uninteresting filler appears. I appreciate that they want to build up Boruto as a character...but we've got a movie and manga to do that so I'll wait til the Anime catches up with the Manga.

        Loading editor
    • Lorenzo.r.1st wrote: funny, cuz he was gonna have some of kurama's chakra even if he wanst the jinchuriki. guess that counts as his own power, if he was gonna be born with it. so no kurama amps at all. and during the first arc of shippuden, he had 4 times kakashi's chakra. it would make sense if he had twice of kakashi's chakra during the first part.

      Exactly, even stated by Kakashi himself.

        Loading editor
    • Sasskitten wrote: I don't really think it is a filler arc since it's a completely new anime.

      It's a filler arc since none of the new characters appear in later events

        Loading editor
    • Not the best way to try and be 'better than Naruto' is it now Kishi, letting the anime start with filler fluff despite the Naruto series earning the infamous title of 'King of the Fillers.' I don't mind filler if it's interesting but I just really can't sit through episode 2 no matter how hard I try it just doesn't have any allure as it just seems to be saying to me "academy blah blah Boruto is this and that blah blah look how interesting this all is even though it's really not and at this point most if not all the people watching this have seen the movie and read the mange and are therefore bored out of their freaking minds."

      Swear to God please let there not be an anime adaptation of the movie or if there is let it be wildly different from the manga and movie depiction of the events.

        Loading editor
    • actually, Naruto is the only anime, imo, that has good fillers. look at the tsukuyomi dreams filler, or the power arc filler. they were really good imo

        Loading editor
    • Starscream1998 wrote:

      Not the best way to try and be 'better than Naruto' is it now Kishi,

      Kishimoto has nothing to do with that decision

        Loading editor
    • UltimaDude wrote:

      Sasskitten wrote: I don't really think it is a filler arc since it's a completely new anime.

      It's a filler arc since none of the new characters appear in later events

      At the moment they don't so does that mean that if later in the manga they appear then it is no longer a filler?

      Starscream1998 wrote: I'll wait til the real story kicks off or something other than mindless and uninteresting filler appears. I appreciate that they want to build up Boruto as a character...but we've got a movie and manga to do that so I'll wait til the Anime catches up with the Manga.

      But what if you miss some important detail that isn't explained in the manga but ends up being explained in these episodes?

        Loading editor
    • shino looks damn wierd

        Loading editor
    • Sasskitten wrote: At the moment they don't so does that mean that if later in the manga they appear then it is no longer a filler?

      If they didn't appear in cahpter 700 and Gaiden (where everyone was still in the Academy) then they won't appear in later events

        Loading editor
    • UltimaDude wrote:

      Sasskitten wrote: At the moment they don't so does that mean that if later in the manga they appear then it is no longer a filler?

      If they didn't appear in cahpter 700 and Gaiden (where everyone was still in the Academy) then they won't appear in later events

      Wrong. Anime exclusive characters can come back in some form. Look at Raiga and Shira. They were anime filler exclusives and Raiga appeared in the MANGA later on and Shira was at Naruto's wedding. They can do whatever they want in the anime. Remember that the discussion between Boruto and Momoshiki in frozen time was not in the movie so it's all just " bonus " stuff.

      Look at Dragon Ball Super, so much is different in the anime and the manga. You can't expect everything to be the same just because you saw it in the manga. In the end it all boils down to what YOU consider is canon or not.

        Loading editor
    • Mass57 wrote: Wrong. Anime exclusive characters can come back in some form. Look at Raiga and Shira. They were anime filler exclusives and Raiga appeared in the MANGA later on and Shira was at Naruto's wedding. They can do whatever they want in the anime. Remember that the discussion between Boruto and Momoshiki in frozen time was not in the movie so it's all just " bonus " stuff.

      Look at Dragon Ball Super, so much is different in the anime and the manga. You can't expect everything to be the same just because you saw it in the manga. In the end it all boils down to what YOU consider is canon or not.

      Yeah, no. Raiga's case is different as he became canon for showing up in the manga, while Shira appeared only in the anime. The characters appear in the anime, but don't show up in Gaiden, the movie, and the manga where they where they should also appear in: especially in Gaiden where Boruto and co are still in the academy. Not only the new characters are only seen in the anime, they also conflict with canon, making them absolutely non-canon and impossible to implement in canon.

      The Dragon Ball Super anime is canon while the manga is supplementary. Your argument is invalid, try again

        Loading editor
    • Again, it all boils down to what YOU consider is canon or not, as long as there is no official statement from the authors. we can debate for years, it's a waste of time :)

      What I meant in my comment was that you shouldn't say firmly " they won't appear in later events " because if they do, you'll be back here complaining about how it doesn't make sense. We can both be proven wrong, and honestly it's not that big of a deal, I feel that Denki and Iwabe are not THAT important. Maybe they are just there to give us content in this " filler arc " to help us wait for the real stuff. IDK.

      To come back lastly on Dragon Ball Super : Actually it's the other way around. The MANGA is ALWAYS the MAIN source for information. This time it's simply that the anime comes first in terms of release. How can the manga be " SUPPLEMENTARY " if it explains the plot BETTER and DOESN'T HAVE STUFF from the anime like Goku's SSB Kaioken ? Why doesn't the anime show off Vegeta in Super Sayajin God ? Honestly even that little debate is stupid, these guys are doing everything they can to confuse us by putting stuff in one dish and another thing in the other dish . Man. Anyway, this is a Naruto wikia, not Dragon Ball xD

        Loading editor
    • Sasskitten wrote: But what if you miss some important detail that isn't explained in the manga but ends up being explained in these episodes?

      What like Boruto's extra curriculum or the awakening of an eye I already know he has? Nope, no thank you but I believe I'll give that a pass and read up on the Wiki if anything worth giving anything resembling investment crops up in the filler. I did the same for the Manga's recap of the movie and it looks like I'll have do the same again.

      Thekillman wrote:

      Starscream1998 wrote:

      Not the best way to try and be 'better than Naruto' is it now Kishi,

      Kishimoto has nothing to do with that decision

      Riiiight, kind of like how people still seriously think Toriyama has nothing to with the decisions in Dragon Ball Super. He may not be calling the shots but I'm pretty sure he's going to keep a close eye on this anime if he supposedly wants the story to be better than Naruto.

        Loading editor
    • Starscream1998 wrote: Riiiight, kind of like how people still seriously think Toriyama has nothing to with the decisions in Dragon Ball Super. He may not be calling the shots but I'm pretty sure he's going to keep a close eye on this anime if he supposedly wants the story to be better than Naruto.

      Since Pierrot probably has the license for the Anime (unless they have a non-standard, convoluted way of owning the rights), technically they can just tell Kishimoto to fuck off. If they're working with him, that means it's the studio's choice.

        Loading editor
    • Kishi still has influence over the Manga and lets be honest the Manga is where it's at right now. Studio Pierrot wouldn't dare tell the creator of this franchise, the one who knows how this story will go and more importantly how it must go to 'fuck off' that's just not even a slightly possible scenario. Don't underestimate the authority of the creator because if they don't like what's happening to their story they will let the studio and everyone else know.

        Loading editor
    • u guys forgot to say that kishi, kinda like, invented Naruto, so the only actual person that can actually call the 'for real' shots, is him.. everything that is done in the new anime or manga, is consulted to him first. if he says yes, then yes. if he says no, then no. simple. why would he give his rights to the third biggest anime/manga series in the world, that is still ongoing by the way, to same random people that can pull shit out of their asses, and ruin his biggest profit forever?

        Loading editor
    • All I'm saying is Kishi may have put his foot in his mouth when he said he was going to have Boruto surpass Naruto...yeah right and Kaguya was totally a better villain than Madara.

        Loading editor
    • he never said that... at least, ive never heard him saying it, or heard of him saying it. I, imo, think its sad that people believe that boruto is going to surpass Naruto.... oh, and the tenseigan talk... don't get me started on that shit... its funny, cuz the theme was supposed to be "the new generation is always gonna get be stronger, and get stronger than the previous one!" and shit... but then u have kakashi, guy, obito, itachi, and before that u have the sennin, then, before that, u have the real OG, madara, hashi, tobirama, hiruzen, minato, and even before that, u have hamura, hago, indra, asura, and last but not least, and obviously the strongest one, kaguya... doesn't this make the whole "the new generation is always gonna get be stronger, and get stronger than the previous one!" retarted and useless?

        Loading editor
    • I'm not saying Boruto's going to become OP instantly just because but this is a 'passing of the torch' kind of story and what better way to do that kind of story than have the new generation surpass the older one because after all that was and still is one of the main themes of Naruto.

        Loading editor
    • Besides, am I the only one who noticed that a symbol behind Naruto and other adults in the opening sequence corresponds to the symbol on Naruto's back in the Boruto manga version of his SPSM chakra mode?

      Also, I'd like to express my thought that the way Naruto steps out of the shadows in the opening is kinda strange and would me more fitting for an antagonist rather than a positive character with one of the main roles in the series.

        Loading editor
    • Starscream1998 wrote: I'm not saying Boruto's going to become OP instantly just because but this is a 'passing of the torch' kind of story and what better way to do that kind of story than have the new generation surpass the older one because after all that was and still is one of the main themes of Naruto.

      "This isn't about my dad, this is my story".

      Lorenzo.r.1st wrote: doesn't this make the whole "the new generation is always gonna get be stronger, and get stronger than the previous one!" retarted and useless?

      Except that this is never actually said. It's always "surpass" not "get stronger". It's not the same thing. E.g. Kakashi said Naruto surpassed him with the Rasenshuriken, even though at that point Kakashi would still kick his ass.

        Loading editor
    • so, yeah, how can u surpass, but not get stronger? and vice versa?

        Loading editor
    • Lorenzo.r.1st wrote: so, yeah, how can u surpass, but not get stronger? and vice versa?

      It's not about power. It's about achievements. It's clear that since Kaguya's time, the world has improved considerably. So in the end, previous generations are surpassed. it's the "each generation" part that i object to, since it's clear that there were plenty of lackluster generations in between the important ones.

        Loading editor
    • well, but for one, u cant surpass, at least in the narutoverse, someone without getting stronger than them. and only around 9 generations seem to be for real monsters, or at least very noticeable, which are kaguya's, hago's, indra's, hashi's, hiruzen's, orochi's, minato's, guy's, and sasuke's. boruto's seems to be the weakest one yet.

        Loading editor
    • Thekillman wrote: "This isn't about my dad, this is my story".

      Dude, the Manga is called 'New Generations' for a reason and I'm not talking about story I'm talking about themes. Boruto's story may not centre around his father but it does include him and that is not up for debate because like it or not Naruto has a HUGE impact on Boruto's character so it is important that is recognised as the idea of surpassing his father is still a key plot point.

        Loading editor
    • It was ok.

        Loading editor
    • Basically, the anime covers the adventures of Boruto BUT starting from the acadamy. Now, the Naruto anime actually started around the time Naruto graduated. 4/5 I think I am Iwabee.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.