FANDOM


  • What if there were a kekkei tota sharingan that could copy kekkei genkai? How could it be manifested? Feel free to post your ideas and thoughts!

      Loading editor
    • Foremost, we don't even know what Kekkei Tota is. Second, there sort of already is, it's called Rinne Sharingan, it just can't copy Kekkei Genkai. Sorry if that wasn't the answer you were hoping for. I'm sure other editors might be more... willing.

        Loading editor
    • Kekkei Tota is a bloodline inheritance. Basically a bloodline you can learn if you possess the genetic requirements. Its not hard to figure out with what information we are given. It is said that Mu passed the secrets of the Dust Release to Onoki, and that three natures are required to use a nature-based kekkei tota. This means you need the natures themselves (genetic requirement) and the know-how (secrets behind it) to learn and use a kekkei tota.

      Anyway, Momoshiki's Rinnegan already can copy bloodline natures it is able to absorb. That's the best answer I can give you.

        Loading editor
    • welp, thanks anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Foremost, we don't even know what Kekkei Tota is. Second, there sort of already is, it's called Rinne Sharingan, it just can't copy Kekkei Genkai. Sorry if that wasn't the answer you were hoping for. I'm sure other editors might be more... willing.

      Don't listen to this guy, he thinks of kekkei mora and hasn't even realised his mistake yet.

        Loading editor
    • We know only of one kekkei tota and it's a nature transformation. If there can be a non-nature kekkei tota that's another question. Still, my response stands, we actually don't know what kekkei tota is. Mu taught the stuff to Onoki... so is it like a combination of 2 kekkei genkai? Is it like hiden techniques? Only Kishi knows.

      We don't know what both kekkei tota or kekkei mora are, so switching the terms up, mistake it may be, is a little one. Assuming this trivia is true (haven't read the novel stuff): https://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kekkei_T%C5%8Dta#Trivia And assuming that's even remotely canon, then that's our answer, kekkei tota is a merger of 2 kekkei genkai.

      In that case, both Rinnegan and Sharingan are kekkei genkai and the merger is Kekkei Mora tho, not Kekkei Tota, so there is probably still much unexplained stuff going on..

        Loading editor
    • I got a chart for that... Apparently it was made by some dude called Omnibender. Here's the link: [[1]]

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: We know only of one kekkei tota and it's a nature transformation. If there can be a non-nature kekkei tota that's another question. Still, my response stands, we actually don't know what kekkei tota is. Mu taught the stuff to Onoki... so is it like a combination of 2 kekkei genkai? Is it like hiden techniques? Only Kishi knows.

      Kakashi taught Naruto Wind Release. Seems to me that Muu simply taught Onoki his various Dust Release techniques.

        Loading editor
    • I disagree with both the chart and the information we provide here in articles about certain natures. Assuming the bit about kekkei tota being a mix of two kekkei genkai is correct, then Dust Release is ought to be Lava Release most likely (since Onoki's granddaughter has it) + 'x' Fire+Earth=Lava, Fire+Wind=Scorch and we assume that Wind+Earth=Magnet.

      Thing is, the only character with Scorch is a Sunagakure kunoichi and no Iwagakure character is known for Magnet Release. But a combined nature prominent in Iwa is Explosion Release.

      Hence I believe that Wind+Earth=Explosion and Magnet Release is ought to be Lightning+Wind, with Lightning+Earth being Steel.

      Therefore in my headcanon which I believe to be correct, Dust Release is Lava Release + Explosion Release (Fire+Earth=Lava, Wind+Earth=Explosion).

      I mean, the combined natures chart would fit so nicely.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: I disagree with both the chart and the information we provide here in articles about certain natures.

      I feel largely the same way. Especially explosion release is an extremely weak deduction. Couple that with weak Databook reliability of elemental releases, and i don't really think we can say for certain how certain KKG are made up (at least, not as definitively as the Wiki makes it look).

        Loading editor
    • What? Kekkei Tota is a combination of three natures, not two kekkei genkai. If it's hereditary or not is unknown, because teaching someone doesn't mean that they don't have the kekkei genkai for it (see Rasa).

      A Kekkei Tota Sharingan can't exist because a Sharingan isn't an elemental kekkei genkai.

        Loading editor
    • trivia on dust release page states that in some novel a combination attack of two elemental kekkei genkai was called pseudo-kekkei tota, doesn't that suggest that a non-pseudo kekkei tota is an actual merger of two elemental kekkei genkai?

        Loading editor
    • We don’t know a whole ton about Kekkai Tota. My guess is that it can be taught to others, but can’t be copied by the Sharingan.

      A Kekkai Tota Sharingan would be weird. You can’t teach yourself a dōjutsu branch, you’re born with it, or implant it.

      Eitherway, it doesn’t seem as if we’ll be learning more about Kekkai Tota anytime soon.

        Loading editor
    • I think what the OP is getting at is, since a KKG can be both something elemental (Wood Release, Lava Release, etc.) as well as something non-elemental (Doujutsu, Shikotsumyaku, etc.), and since we know that a KKT is also something elemental (i.e Dust Release), then is it possible for there to be a non-elemtental KKT (a Doujutsu KKT)? Given the existence of elemental/non-elemntal jutsu in the "levels" below KKT (KKG) and above (KKM, in the form of Kaguya's and Hagaromo's doujutsu/Expansive TSB), I'm inclined to say that it is possible. But we don't have any proof of such thing in-universe and since KKT can be taught to someone with no relation to you (and KKG can't) and apparently KKM "operates by different rules than KKG and KKT" it may very well be the case that KKT is something Mu (or whoever) just made up and exists in its own category.

      As for the pseudo KKT thing, No, a non-pseudo KKT would just be a real KKT and a real KKT is combination of 3 basic natures, not 2 KKG. If that was the case, then that would mean that having 2 KKG is requirement for using KKT and thus Mu and Onoki would have them, but alas, they don't.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: trivia on dust release page states that in some novel a combination attack of two elemental kekkei genkai was called pseudo-kekkei tota, doesn't that suggest that a non-pseudo kekkei tota is an actual merger of two elemental kekkei genkai?

      1) Since when do novels outweigh the manga? 2) Using two kekkei genkai in unison is a pseudo-way of using a kkt, which is using three natures in unison. All this tells us is that (novel's) Steel Release shares one nature with Lava Release.

        Loading editor
    • Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on there. Isn't shikotsumyaku a kekkei genkai but NOT one of the nature transformation-types? And sharingan goes in that category too right? So why can't a kekkei tota sharingan exist with 4 tomoe and kekkei genkai copying abilities? Kekkei genkai don't HAVE to be nature transformation types every single time right? That's like saying all mammals have to be cats because cats are mammals. (Though I prefer rabbits.) And if all kekkei genkai are like magnet and scorch release, then what the flipping heck is shikotsumyaku???

        Loading editor
    • Ace8888 wrote: Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on there. Isn't shikotsumyaku a kekkei genkai but NOT one of the nature transformation-types? And sharingan goes in that category too right? So why can't a kekkei tota sharingan exist with 4 tomoe and kekkei genkai copying abilities? Kekkei genkai don't HAVE to be nature transformation types every single time right? That's like saying all mammals have to be cats because cats are mammals. (Though I prefer rabbits.) And if all kekkei genkai are like magnet and scorch release, then what the flipping heck is shikotsumyaku???

      That's what I addressed in my comment. A Kekkei Genkai is just an ability that is restricted to a person's genes. But nothing suggests what that ability has to entail. That's why there are different kind of Kekkei Genkai, because there are different kind of people. You can have a Kekkei Genkai that effects your nature transformation ability, hence the result being something like Lava Release. Or you can have one that effects your physical body, hence the result being something like Shikotsumyaku. It all just depends on what your genetic code is.

        Loading editor
    • kkt are per definition combinations of three chakra natures. Sharingan isn't a chakra nature, so the existence of a kkt Sharingan is impossible.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I just noticed the trivia bit about novel stuff on Dust Release article and I also noticed that Onoki has Lava Release KKG in his infobox (novel only) so seemed credible, assuming it has any canonical value.

        Loading editor
    • You know how regular techniques like the kage bunshin can be infused with elements? Then why not try a "fire style: mystical palm technique" that warms up the target along with healing them? Or a senjutsu mode gentle fist that turns whoever you touch to stone?

        Loading editor
    • Why can't someone have a kekkei tota that lets you grant kekkei genkai by manipulating their genetic code? Easy win! 👍

        Loading editor
    • because
      a kekkei tota
      is a mixture of three elemental natures
      not some crazy shit that can do who-knows-what

      It's literally the next step of elemental kekkei genkai. NOT of dojutsu kekkei genkai or Shikotsumyaku. Why is that so hard to understand? Didn't you all read the manga? o.ô

        Loading editor
    • Of course we have. This is entirely 'what if' there can be a non-nature kekkei tota thing. Just because it hasn't been shown or stated that there is, doesn't mean there might not be.

        Loading editor
    • "If" there would be a non-nature kkt, it wouldn't be called kkt. I mean "what ifs" are nice and all, but what's the point to ask such a question if the definition of the word would have to be changed for it to work? Besides, I'm pretty sure OP didn't have such a change in mind.

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone have proof that kekkei totas CAN'T include dojutsu? If no one does then this can't exactly be supported nor denied as there is absolutely no proof to support or deny it.

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau wrote: because
      a kekkei tota
      is a mixture of three elemental natures
      not some crazy shit that can do who-knows-what

      It's literally the next step of elemental kekkei genkai. NOT of dojutsu kekkei genkai or Shikotsumyaku. Why is that so hard to understand? Didn't you all read the manga? o.ô

      Well, kishimoto dun goofed when he introduced the kekkei tota, cause he never said if they could be learned or not. And what in that case, would a kekkei mora be? A kekkei genkai boost in the dojutsu department? If so Seelentau, then what makes the most sense is that Kekkei tota are the elemental-boosted variant of kekkei genkai, and kekkei mora have an increase of power in the miscellaneous section. But wait, there's more! What about truthseeker orbs, hmmm? Didn't black zetsu say that the truthseeker orb was made out of all seven elemental natures? AND IT WAS ALSO A KEKKEI MORA???? But you said that kekkei tota can only be composed of three elements, right? Then where would the truthseeker orb fit? Food for thought.

        Loading editor
    • The Truth-Seeker Orb is a six paths senjutsu ability. It isn’t a Kekkai thing. Its composed of all five basic chakra natures and Yin-Yang release (Yin and Yang aren’t counted as seperate natures in the jutsu). Yin-Yang release is unique in that isn’t bloodline restricted, but still extremely hard to get.

        Loading editor
    • oh. whoops.

        Loading editor
    • The truculent wrote: Does anyone have proof that kekkei totas CAN'T include dojutsu? If no one does then this can't exactly be supported nor denied as there is absolutely no proof to support or deny it.

      I literally told you what kekkei tota is and why it can't include dojutsu. If you don't trust me, read the manga again.

      Ace8888 wrote: Well, kishimoto dun goofed when he introduced the kekkei tota, cause he never said if they could be learned or not. And what in that case, would a kekkei mora be? A kekkei genkai boost in the dojutsu department? If so Seelentau, then what makes the most sense is that Kekkei tota are the elemental-boosted variant of kekkei genkai, and kekkei mora have an increase of power in the miscellaneous section. But wait, there's more! What about truthseeker orbs, hmmm? Didn't black zetsu say that the truthseeker orb was made out of all seven elemental natures? AND IT WAS ALSO A KEKKEI MORA???? But you said that kekkei tota can only be composed of three elements, right? Then where would the truthseeker orb fit? Food for thought.

      Nobody knows what exactly kekkei mora is, but it's not an elemental thing, because all of Kaguya's techniques are kekkei mora, not just her TSB.

      I also have literally no idea what you want from me lol

        Loading editor
    • meh, this is too complicated.

        Loading editor
    • Also, have you EVER seen kaguya perform a single elemental technique?

        Loading editor
    • It's not complicated, just read the manga or the wiki articles on it.

      And yes, I did: Expansive Truth-Seeking Ball.

        Loading editor
    • A Kekkei Mora is basically the all-encompassing version of the blood line. IE, Rinne Sharingan is a combination of two separate bloodline abilities. It's the most complete and advanced form and hence, "kekkei mora". It's powers are beyond it's constituent parts and is the most complete version of that power. In other words, it's the undiluted power of the Chakra Fruit.

      A Kekkei Tota is unclear, but so far has only been used in context of elemental releases. Rinnegan, though rare, is not Kekkei Tota. Other abilities like TSB's or black rods are neither. So it's definitely not linked to rarity by itself. If it's a combination of KKG, i would say that (E-)MS would be a qualifier, since it combines Sharingan, MS, and Susanoo. Sasuke adds Rinnegan on top of it, yet also does not have anything labelled as Kekkei Tota.

      In other words, though never explicitly stated, i think it's a relatively safe assumption that Kekkei Tota refers to 3-element combinations exclusively.

        Loading editor
    • It was explicitely stated in the manga...

        Loading editor
    • You are no fun uncle Tau.

        Loading editor
    • How 'bout this, why not just create an overpowered, 4-element kekkei whatever that trumps mokuton. Easy win.

        Loading editor
    • Worst case scenario is that people in Boruto start flinging around byakusharinnegans, iridescent ketsuryugans, and forest release. Otherwise we should be fine.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: You are no fun uncle Tau.

      I just don't like uninformed statements, that's all.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, if Kekkei Tota is the combination of two Kekkei Genkais, then theoretically a Kekkei Tota Sharingan could exist, but it wouldn't be a Sharingan anymore. Assuming that you can only mix two Kekkei Genkais of the same category together (elemental w/ elemental, dojutsu w/ dojutsu etc.), you can only mix another dojutsu with the Sharingan.

      The only known case of mixing dojutsus is Sasuke, assuming that he mixed his Sharingan with his Rinnegan and not just a weird version of the Rinnegan. His Tomoe Rinnegan is not stated to be a Kekkei Tota, which could mean a couple of things:
      1. It should be a Kekkei Tota but Kishi made a mistake
      2. Tomoe Rinnegan is not a merger of the Sharingan and Rinnegan
      3. There is no non-elemental Kekkei Tota
      4. Kekkei Tota is not a merger of two Kekkei Genkais.

      As for copying Kekkei Genkais, I don't think that's possible. Unless you are genetically built to be able to do it, nothing in the world can make you just copy a genetically exclusive thing and do it.

        Loading editor
    • Another one who didn't read the manga, I see.

        Loading editor
    • I think most people here have Seel. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean said individual didn't read the manga :D

        Loading editor
    • Disagreeing? You think this is a debate? With equally weighing opinions? :D

        Loading editor
    • I thought this was a theories and speculation board, not facts board :D

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau wrote: I mean "what ifs" are nice and all, but what's the point to ask such a question if the definition of the word would have to be changed for it to work?

      By your logic, shuriken are now a kekkei tota because I just changed the definition of the word to include weapons. Wait, lemme make a thread on it, cuz that's how theories work, right?

        Loading editor
    • Sure, go ahead :D I think you are missing the point though. No one denies the manga canon definition of kekkei tota. But then we got an anime only definition and supposedly a novel also called a combination attack of 2 elemental kekkei genkai a pseudo-kekkei tota.

      Of course we know what's canon, the theory is that in case the novel stuff is also canon, then it may hint more about kekkei tota than what the manga told us, get it?

        Loading editor
    • Everyone here is actively ignoring that the manga defined a kekkei tota to be three mixed chakra natures. However, for OP's theory to work, the underlying definition needs to be changed (or willfullingly misunderstood/ignored, like in this thread), which isn't how a theory should come to be. After all, literally everything would be possible if you just dismiss the established groundwork.

        Loading editor
    • It's because in all likelihood non-canonical novel (who knows) suggested another possibility. And it's not like the canon never redefined itself before. First Izanagi required both Senju and Uchiha naughty bits grinding against each other, later just Uchiha naughty bits alone for example. Kekkei Tota being 3 natures doesn't necessarily deny the possibility of it being 2 kekkei genkai merged together, if they share a common nature. For example Wood + Ice would be 3 natures as well in theory, earth+water+wind.

      Onoki also has Lava Release in a novel supposedly, assuming someone didn't pull that from their arse. Which is a better possibility, that he has both Kekkei Tota Dust Release and Kekkei Genkai Lava Release or that the latter is a component of his Kekkei Tota, hmph? :)

        Loading editor
    • @Elveonora

      @Tau is right, the manga defined kekkei tota. Definitions don't just change to fit a theory and manga is greater than anything else. Sure, speculation and opinions have a place, but don't change definitions to suit it.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote:

      It's because in all likelihood non-canonical novel (who knows) suggested another possibility.

      It didn't.

      Kekkei Tota being 3 natures doesn't necessarily deny the possibility of it being 2 kekkei genkai merged together, if they share a common nature.

      Yes, it does.

      Which is a better possibility, that he has both Kekkei Tota Dust Release and Kekkei Genkai Lava Release or that the latter is a component of his Kekkei Tota, hmph? :)

      The former.

        Loading editor
    • WindStar7125
      WindStar7125 removed this reply because:
      spam
      03:54, September 7, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • So, if we just accept the fact that kekkei tota have 3 natures in order to be used, can we correctly state that kekkei tota are their own thing, and most definitely NOT a kekkei genkai mix? And yes, I read the manga AND watched the anime.

        Loading editor
    • Ignore Seelentau, he is just a party pooper.

        Loading editor
    • The truculent wrote: So, if we just accept the fact that kekkei tota have 3 natures in order to be used, can we correctly state that kekkei tota are their own thing, and most definitely NOT a kekkei genkai mix? And yes, I read the manga AND watched the anime.

      Exactly. That's why the stuff in the novel is called a pseudo kekkei tota. But apparently, for some people, that word doesn't hold any meaning lol.

        Loading editor
    • Pseudo meaning false, not a real one. Just like how one could call Typhoon Water Cortex a pseudo kekkei genkai, even though it wasn't an Ice Release.

      All 'pseudo kekkei tota' means is that it only appears like one on the surface, but the in-workings are different. But that indeed DOES suggest that had those 2 kekkei genkai techniques truly been merged, the result would have been a genuine Kekkeo Tota.

        Loading editor
    • @Seelentau
      I mean, if the anime version doesn't contradict the manga version, I don't see why you have to ignore the anime version and not just let them coexist. There's always a reason why the anime version is different. It could be because someone forgot about the manga version, or it could be because they think the manga version needs to be updated. It's impossible to know whether Kishi gave them the updated version or not, but it's a possibility that he did.

        Loading editor
    • I don't even know about the anime version of whatever.

      And no, Elveonora, that does not mean what you think it means. It's a pseudo kekkei tota because instead of merging three natures, they merged two kekkei genkai that share one nature. Merging three natures = real kekkei tota, merging two kekkei genkai that share one nature = pseudo kekkei tota (because it's only three natures thanks to the one they share). How is that so incredibly hard to grasp? The novel version does not contradict or retcon the manga explanation in any way, it even reconfirms it.

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau wrote: And no, Elveonora, that does not mean what you think it means. It's a pseudo kekkei tota because instead of merging three natures, they merged two kekkei genkai that share one nature. Merging three natures = real kekkei tota, merging two kekkei genkai that share one nature = pseudo kekkei tota. How is that so incredibly hard to grasp?

      When Mei uses Boil release against Sasuke (ch466), she mentions "i can us water, fire and earth, so i have two kekkei genkai". It's interesting because it implies that Kekkei Tota are more than just those three basic elements, since she equates three natures to two KKG, not a KKT.

      In addition, combining two natures is a pseudo-kkg (e.g. Naruto and Sasuke combined fire and wind for a "scorch release"), doesn't that mean that a pseudo-KKT by extension would be a three-element combination? Yet the fact that a pseudo-KKT is a combination of KKG and not base elements implies that a true KKT is a combination of KKG.

        Loading editor
    • So you mean to tell me if someone has genes that make him able to merge Fire+Wind+Earth, the same genes won't allow him to use any combination of the 3?

        Loading editor
    • @Thekillman: Again, it's called pseudo kekkei tota because instead of combining three basic natures, they combined two kekkei genkai that share one basic nature + have one each. The result isn't a real kekkei tota because kekkei tota aren't a combination of two kekkei genkai.

      @Elveonora: What are you talking about? A gene to use a kekkei tota? Show me a manga source that states that kekkei tota are genetic. And even IF they were, why would a gene that allows one to merge three natures also allow one to merge two natures? That's like saying having a gene for the Sharingan also allows you to use the Byakugan.

        Loading editor
    • A combination attack of 2 elemental kekkei genkai sharing 1 nature was called a pseudo-kekkei tota, they could have used a triple single nature combination attack to demonstrate a pseudo kekkei tota in the context you propose, so kekkei genkai having been used for that seems intentional

        Loading editor
    • Yes, they could've done that as well. Would've been a pseudo-kekkei tota as well, I suppose.

        Loading editor
    • Well, combining attacks already thrown out would be sort of "3rd person", person, if you get what I'm saying. "2nd person" would be infusing elements in a rasenshuriken. "1st" person would be teaming up with two more people and having them give you their chakra to get the necessary chakra natures. and "0th" person would be combining the all your own chakra natures together and shooting them out. So, could you technically make a brand new kekkei genkai that must be replenished by forcing two separate chakra natures from two different people and forcing them into your chakra network? (Pls don't flame me)

        Loading editor
    • I'm not exactly sure that's possible. Besides, you wouldn't create the kekkei genkai by doing so, because it wouldn't change your DNA.

      I'm not flaming anyone, sorry if my posts come off as that. I'm just trying to get you all to understand the faults in your logic. The simple answer to your initial question is "There can't be a kekkei tota Sharingan because a Sharingan is a non-nature kekkei genkai, whereas a kekkei tota is a combination of three chakra natures and not a kekkei genkai. The very definitions of the words "Sharingan" and "kekkei tota" make it impossible for such a thing to exist".

        Loading editor
    • Ok. Then why the flip did no one except me and you realize that?

        Loading editor
    • I was nice enough this time to edit out your all caps message, no such thing next time, kay?

        Loading editor
    • Oh. Sorry, I must of capped it by mistake. Sorry anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau
      Seelentau removed this reply because:
      .
      21:47, September 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • The truculent wrote: Then why the flip did no one except me and you realize that?

      I know I did, and I kinda answered it too.

        Loading editor
    • Oh. sorry

        Loading editor
    • It's ok

        Loading editor
    • thanks

        Loading editor
    • OP: It really wouldn't be the Sharingan or Sharingan-like at all, at that point. Sharingan watches someone's body to precisely mimic what they can do. It doesn't even give them access to elements they don't have normally.

      It'd be much more like that kinjutsu that was used in one of the Naruto movies where the villain would steal bloodlines and incorporate them into himself.

      General: Elemental natures are not explained very well in the series, and the creation of new "Kekkei" terms doesn't help. We know that anyone can learn any chakra nature, as Shikamaru taught everyone in the Fourth war the basics of Earth release in a matter of moments. We also know that you can learn to combine two elemental natures into a more advanced element, as it is stated that the third Kazekage learned to do this by watching Shukaku.

      We also know that all of the third Kazekage's descendents were born with the Magnet Release kekkei genkai. I would infer from this that advanced chakra natures are treated as bloodlines because they are inherited genetically (just like any chakra nature; ex; Uchiha and fire), but that doesn't mean that they cannot be created by those who possess the proper base elemental affinities.

        Loading editor
    • But that's exactly what it means. You can learn how to merge two natures if you have the genetical anomaly that's needed for it.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that Kekkei Tota is unnecessary and further confuses an already muddled area of the lore, since Magnet Release is not a Kekkei Tota, but was obviously learned by the third Kazekage.

      Chakra natures just weren't explained that well, and it'll probably always leave wiggle room for people to argue their point of view. I just kind of accept it as a flaw in the story and try not to dwell too hard on the element thing.

        Loading editor
    • Why couldn't kishi explain some more about the kkt?

        Loading editor
    • Drawingblank2014 wrote: but was obviously learned by the third Kazekage.

      You confuse learning how to use it vs learning how to have it. You (normally) always have two legs, but you have to learn how to walk, right? Same with the kekkei genkai. You (and others) are putting too much emphasis on the word "learning".

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau wrote:

      You confuse learning how to use it vs learning how to have it. You (normally) always have two legs, but you have to learn how to walk, right? Same with the kekkei genkai. You (and others) are putting too much emphasis on the word "learning".

      I have trouble accepting that as truth, because of how obtuse it really is when you look at it from an objective standpoint. Most who are born with kekkei genkai in the series develop their powers fairly early, and have family that are aware of those powers.

      The idea that some guy was sitting on a rock, watching a monster do its thing, and went "Oh crap, I bet I can do that too." and suddenly discovered he had the same powers as the monster is a hard pill to swallow.

      You're probably right, now that I'm going back and looking at the entry for the Third Kazekage and Magnet Release and stuff. However, this knowledge doesn't make the way elements or element bloodlines work any clearer.

        Loading editor
    • I can just repeat what I'm always saying: When we have new information that fits in with the old information, why willingly interpret it in a way that makes it not fit in with the old information?

      And what's unclear to you?

        Loading editor
    • I mean, both interpretations work. Learning how to use Magnet, and learning to possess Magnet. I just find the idea of the Kage learning to mingle two basic elements into an advanced element easier to believe than suddenly discovering he possessed a bloodline that was identical to a tailed beast's. (But I do submit, the wording in the data books suggests the latter.)

      The issues with elements come from a lot of things, but the biggest issue is that it wasn't big enough to the story and Kishimoto did Naruto for 14 years. At some points he said training for elements can take years, at some points he said even the best Jonin rarely had 3. Then at some points he has Shikamaru teach hundreds of ninja how to use Earth Release in a matter of minutes.

      For the author, the elements aren't a huge part of the story and are really just a small piece of the plot. It's we fans who feel compelled to try and piece together the bits of information he wrote (sometimes years apart) and combine them into a cohesive whole.

      All in all, it's a small gripe. I mean, Toriyama forgot Super Saiyan 2 existed altogether. By that standard Kishimoto barely forgot anything.

        Loading editor
    • I doubt that those with kekkei genkai for a combined nature can use it the moment they are born. In my opinion, all the combined nature kekkei genkai users first had to learn the basic natures and only then they discovered that they can combine them, imo.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly. Besides, how would Rasa learn how to use Magnet Release from Shukaku anyway? It's not like they sat down for some lessons. What he learned wasn't how to combine natures, but how to use Magnet Release as a means to move sand/gold dust. So as I said, don't think too literal about Rasa "learning" Magnet Release.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.