FANDOM


  • As of now, the manga has provided us with 8 different dual combinations out of 10, 2 are seemingly yet to be shown, but I'm here to challenge that notion. It's very unlikely that after so many years, we are still yet to be shown the remaining 2 combinations, so I came to a conclusion that most likely we have already seen all 10 by now.

    The supplementary novels are supposedly canon, as they were placed on a timeline by Shounen Jump, but people still argue over this. By the notion that Gaara Hiden is canon, so is Steel Release then, as it appears in said novel. If we move on and accept that, now we have 9 out of 10 dual combined nature transformations, just 1 left.

    What else do we have that we could possibly use from outside the manga...

    • Crystal Release
    • Mud Release
    • Dark Release
    • Swift Release
    • Typhoon Release

    So let's make a small analysis. Typhoon Release doesn't seem to be a dual combination nature transformations, rather it's the most similar to Blaze Release. As Blaze Release is a stronger kekkei genkai version of Fire Release, Typhoon Release is a stronger kekkei genkai version of Wind Release, most likely. For Mud Release, it's the only combined nature known to be made of the same basic natures as another one, Wood Release, or is it? Now, folks might be scratching their heads and thinking that this is in no way or shape canon, but consider the following notion: What if the same basic natures combined can result in more than just 1 combined nature? It may seem far-fetched, but no contrary evidence has been shown so far and if the novels are canon, we must accept this as a thing.

    In fact, we might have had this appear in the manga already. Mei uses Lava Release, but according to 4th databook, her Lava Release is unique to her alone. Even though Mei's nature is pronounced the same and called the same thing in English (Lava Style) it's written differently, 溶遁 compared to 熔遁. So what if, even though both Lava Releases use the same basic natures, are actually 2 different Kekkei Genkai? Mud Release compared to Wood Release and Mei's Lava Release compared to the others' Lava Release may very well have the same kind of relation, both possibly showing such a phenomenon exists within the series.

    Now, Swift Release and Dark Release are for all intends and purposes not even slightly canon, as the movie they appeared in isn't part of any officially released timeline, nor have its specific characters and events been referenced in canon.

    That leaves us with Crystal Release. It's quite an unique one compared to Swift Release and Dark Release. Despite its appearance in a filler and the short filler being the nature's only appearance so far in the series, we were given far too many techniques for me to think that Studio Pierrot came up with it all on their own in their free time. I'm inclined to believe that Kishimoto might have had influence on this nature's existence, solely for the reason that it and so many techniques for it just seems out of Studio Pierrot's scope of reach for me. Therefore just for the purpose of this topic, let's assume that Crystal Release is canon and is the 10th dual combination nature.


    Let's now take a look at the combined natures' compositions themselves. (yes, I'm sure you saw it comin') If Rasa's 4th databook profile is to be believed (as the databook is known for errors and omissions and who knows, maybe even erroneous inclusions, mistakes in general...) then Magnet Release is Earth+Wind. Well, I and many others within the fandom are not entirely convinced, as the very source is questionable. Another one is Explosion Release, validity of which depends on the premise that Magnet Release indeed is Earth+Wind and also an obscure statement from Sasuke's fight with Deidara. Allow me to be skeptical in this case and to provide my own view on them.

    First, let's list all the combinations that are pretty much confirmed before we move to the rest:

    • Ice Release = Water+Wind
    • Wood Release = Earth+Water
    • Lava Release = Fire+Earth
    • Storm Release = Lightning+Water
    • Boil Release = Water+Fire
    • Scorch Release = Fire+Wind (some still want to question this.... seriously?...)

    Unconfirmed, my take:

    • Explosion Release = Fire+Lightning (the clay itself was Earth Release)
    • Magnet Release = Lightning+Wind
    • Crystal Release = Earth+Wind
    • Steel Release = Earth+Lightning


    Now you might ask 'why do you think your speculation is any better than the other person's out there?' Glad you asked. My take is the only take that provides us with all 10 combinations, any change and it's not possible to get all 10. Only by acknowledging Steel Release as canon and assuming Crystal Release to also be canon, do we get 10 likely combinations and only by questioning the 'information' provided for Magnet Release by Rasa's profile in 4th databook and therefore consequently assumed Explosion Release, can we fit all the natures nicely together like I have.

    Thank you for reading <3

      Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Explosion Release = Fire+Lightning (the clay itself was Earth Release)

      Yea, this makes the most sense to me. I have a lot of problems with the whole Deidara thing, most of all is the fact that he needs to gather actual clay for his jutsu. We've seen KKG users be good at both component elements, yet Deidara used only the most minimal earth release techniques. Why wouldn't he just create some clay with Earth Release, or use an earth release jutsu to create other kinds of bombs? Yet he can shape the clay once it's infused with his chakra, making me extremely skeptical that his KKG has earth release in it. Especially since he never uses the Earth seal to detonate his bombs (the whole basis that his techniques use Earth release). Meaning, his clay bombs are likely his Earth release and his explosive chakra is something else.

      I'm not sure how i'm supposed to feel about crystal release. Steel release makes sense, and quite honestly i wonder why Kishimoto never introduced it directly. Magnet release also makes sense.


      Elveonora wrote: So what if, even though both Lava Releases use the same basic natures, are actually 2 different Kekkei Genkai?

      Could be, though i think this would make things confusing really fast. It's interesting to note, i think, that Lava Release is connected by a common thread: Mei spews volcanic mud, rubber is vulcanized and magma is obviously volcano-related.

        Loading editor
    • Mud release doesn't have any sense, because normal doton user is capable of manipulating mud like creating mud waves and that kinda stuff. So doton contains this ability.

        Loading editor
    • @Sharingan91

      I pretty much agreed with everything you said. but how is Earth + Earth = Steel and Yang + Yang = Swift?

      Also, in my opinion, Crystal Release should be 'together' with Magnet Release ( I.e Earth + Wind ).

      As Elveonora said, we still have yet to see how many Kekkei Genkai have come to exist.

      We still don't know about Swift Release, Steel Release, Typhoon Release and what does Lightning + Wind and Lightning + Fire results in.

        Loading editor
    • Arturia Pendragon00000 wrote: @Sharingan91

      I pretty much agreed with everything you said. but how is Earth + Earth = Steel and Yang + Yang = Swift?

      Also, in my opinion, Crystal Release should be 'together' with Magnet Release ( I.e Earth + Wind ).

      As Elveonora said, we still have yet to see how many Kekkei Genkai have come to exist.

      We still don't know about Swift Release, Steel Release, Typhoon Release and what does Lightning + Wind and Lightning + Fire results in.

      • Crystal: crystallization is a process where a liquid solution (water) becomes solid (earth).

      This are KG as Blaze and Typhoon, advanced nature

      • Steel: it is an advanced form of earth.
      • Swift: user is very Speed, yang power increases physical capacity
      • Dark: It is and advances form of yin.
        Loading editor
    • Hence why I skipped Swift and Dark, they are from a non-canon movie. Steel appears in a novel that is supposedly canon and Crystal seems far too complex to be an original idea in my opinion, so I suspect Kishimoto's involvement in that one.

      I don't think you can combine an elemental nature with yin/yang/both. Proof of that is that we have a Lightning Release Genjutsu and it's both Lightning and Yin, not some new combined nature that is a merger of the two.

      My 'chart' provides all 10 combinations without any Yin/Yang shenanigans. The other charts don't have all 10 combinations and include too speculative yin/yang combinations.

      But it's interesting to see how differently people look at this :) Feel free to theorize.

        Loading editor
    • If the clay was Earth Release, why could Deidara run out of it and not simply use the earth around him?

      Also, if it wasn't the chakra that was made up of Earth Release, why would Sasuke use Lightning Release to disable it? What good does disabling the Earth Release clay, when it's the Explosion Release chakra inside that explodes?

        Loading editor
    • Explosion being comprised of Earth and Lightning always made sense to me.

        Loading editor
    • The way I see it, the clay in its basic form is just that, an ordinary clay. So I suppose it goes like this: Deidara eats clay with his palm mouths or his ordinary mouth > uses Earth Release to shape the clay while inside a mouth to turn it into Earth Release clay > when he makes a hand seal, the Earth based chakra inside transforms into Explosion chakra instead. Basically, the Earth shaped clay works as a medium for his explosive chakra. If you hit the clay with Lightning, Deidara's chakra disappears from it. Also of note is that in the same chapter Sasuke calls Deidara's clay 'earth bombs' so that's what they are, clay turned into different sizes and shapes with Earth Release. So what I'm getting at is that Explosive chakra isn't in the clay until a hand seal is made, before it's earth release chakra instead.

      It's kinda like the sand Gaara moves is infused with his chakra. Now if you removed Gaara's chakra from his sand, he wouldn't be able to move it anymore. So probably Sasuke's Lightning chakra cancelled Deidara's Earth chakra in the clay, possibly removing his link to it.

        Loading editor
    • @Elveonora
      This is exactly how I theorized the chakra combinations, but I do have some differences. For example, I don't think Wood Release is actually Water and Earth, I don't think it's an elemental kekkei genkai at all. The reason people think that, is because Hashirama has Water and Earth.

      What if Hashi actually has Mud Release, and the reason he can use Wood Release so well is because his Mud Release chakra "nurtured" (amplified) the wood, like how plants grow in soil. And the reason why people with Hashi Cells didn't use Mud Release, is because they thought Mud Release was just regular Earth Release, and also Wood Release is way more useful.

      This theory is based on the assumption that Wood Release is parallel to Shikotsumyaku (Hag has Wood Release, Hamura has Shikotsumyaku, and both passed down from Kaguya), and since Shikotsumyaku is not elemental, Wood Release is also not elemental. This also explains why Wood Release is the only organic elemental release: because it isn't.

      Thekillman wrote: I'm not sure how i'm supposed to feel about crystal release.

      My head explanation, is that the Wind symbolises pressure, and Earth symbolises underground. This explains where crystals are found: deep inside Earth where the pressure is really high.

      Seelentau wrote: Also, if it wasn't the chakra that was made up of Earth Release, why would Sasuke use Lightning Release to disable it?

      I feel like by pouring in Lightning Release chakra to the clay, and in turn to the Explosive Release chakra in the clay, it breaks the balance between the Lightning and Fire in the Explosive Release chakra, which then dissipates the chakra.

        Loading editor
    • The only problem is Yamato and Kakashi's clear demonstration that Earth and Water together produce the Wood.

      For Explosion being Lightning+Earth, it doesn't really make sense to me that a nature that is part Lightning would be weak to Lightning. Since Earth is weak to Lightning, by that logic it shouldn't be possible to combine them, but it is, so I don't see why it should be weak to more Lightning.

      Fire+Lightning seem more reasonable to me for Explosion, with Earth serving simply for the clay.

      For example the aforementioned Wood is both Earth and Water, yet we haven't seen Wood Release being weak to Lightning, by Pokemon standards it should have a double weakness to it :D

      Anyway, the clay got clearly called Earth Clay, so Earth Release must be responsible for it. But is that really proof that Explosion Release is part Earth because of that?

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau wrote: If the clay was Earth Release, why could Deidara run out of it and not simply use the earth around him?

      If Earth release is a part Explosion release, he would still have Earth release. Which still raises the question. But if he's normally an Explosion release user (fire+lightning), then it could be that the only earth release he knows, is the manipulation of clay into bombs. We've seen that element users can manipulate existing elements (water being the most common). So it's likely that Deidara simply isn't proficient enough to make clay, but IS proficient enough to shape it. After all, it was a huge deal that Tobirama could create water from nowhere in large quantities, implying that creating an element is far more difficult than controlling existing elements. Thereby, it makes sense that Deidara only knows how to shape clay into bomb (and bomb structures), without knowing how to make clay.

      Seelentau wrote: Also, if it wasn't the chakra that was made up of Earth Release, why would Sasuke use Lightning Release to disable it? What good does disabling the Earth Release clay, when it's the Explosion Release chakra inside that explodes?

      The clay is what contains and controls the explosive chakra. So lightning simply destroys the bomb part. I don't see why an element would attack part of a KKG: fire is weak to water, yet it burns wood release (water+ earth). By that logic, Explosion release should not be weak to lighting. ice (water + air) was strong to fire, but if the elemental wheel applied, it ought to be neutral.

      So i think the precedent is that it makes no sense that lightning would weaken a KKG that contains an inferior element, because the elemental wheel does not predict behavior for other cases.

        Loading editor
    • I haven't read everything, but just felt like dropping in my two cents.

      The argument of "Why would Deidara not create/use earth to make more bombs?" is a bit off. We saw Gari, the only other Explosion release user, create a pin point detonation with his fist. So it's clear that you don't even need a medium to enact this, so the question of "Why wouldn't he just do the thing" isn't proof that this isn't possible, just that Deidara, the guy so wholly obsessed with his own artistic sensibilities that he blew himself up to prove it was better than the sharingan, didn't want to use some other source for his explosions.

        Loading editor
    • In short:

      • I agree that Wind + Earth = Magnet makes no sense. If the Databook information will be "retconned", I would bet on Wind + Lightning or Earth + Lightning
      • Like Blaze Release, I think that Typhoon and Steel Release are more advanced version of Wind and Earth
      • Deidara's clay is clearly not a jutsu in itself, since Deidara "ran out of it". Probably with Lightning Sasuke managed to "defuse" the Explosion Release component, just like they did with EdoDeidara when he was caught by Kankuro
      • I highly doubt there exists more than one combined nature comprised of the same element, but well... we'll see

      My guess is more or less like Elveonora's:

      Fire + Wind = Scorch (confirmed) Fire + Water = Steam (confirmed) Fire + Earth = Lava (confirmed) Fire + Lighting = Explosion (my guess)

      Wind + Water = Ice (confirmed) Wind + Earth = Crystal (my guess) Wind + Lightning = Magnet (my guess)

      Water + Earth = Wood (confirmed) Water + Lightning = Storm (confirmed)

      Earth + Lightning = ??? (i think we still have to see it)

        Loading editor
    • Just going to interject here for a quick sec.

      Isnt yang release said to produce vitality? wouldnt it be safe to assume that Wood release is Earth, Water AND Yang Release? Further to back that statement would be Kurama's Yang Chakra having an effect on Wood Release, causing it to grow wild as with White Zetsu's and Yamato's Wood Release jutsu.

      Yang is said to breathe life into chakra and it makes the most sense, to me at least, that Wood Release is in fact a triple combination of Earth, Water and Yang, and because Hashirama being the Inheritor of Hagoromo's Yang Power through Ashura's "Body", being a massive source of life force and vitality that wood release and even regeneration without hand seals is possible.

      Tell me what you think?

        Loading editor
    • Kirito975 wrote: Just going to interject here for a quick sec.

      Isnt yang release said to produce vitality? wouldnt it be safe to assume that Wood release is Earth, Water AND Yang Release? Further to back that statement would be Kurama's Yang Chakra having an effect on Wood Release, causing it to grow wild as with White Zetsu's and Yamato's Wood Release jutsu.

      Yang is said to breathe life into chakra and it makes the most sense, to me at least, that Wood Release is in fact a triple combination of Earth, Water and Yang, and because Hashirama being the Inheritor of Hagoromo's Yang Power through Ashura's "Body", being a massive source of life force and vitality that wood release and even regeneration without hand seals is possible.

      Tell me what you think?

      Except that Wood Release is stated to be a kekkei genkai. Not to mention Yin and Yang release aren't even components of advanced natures, from what we've seen so far. I agree that Hashirama's extreme vitality played a huge role in the power of his Wood Release, though.

        Loading editor
    • The definition of a kekkei genkei is an ability that is possible through ones genes no? people who are born with two innate elements can preform advanced nature techniques, or able to manipulate their body's with their unique chakra for example the various Dojutsu and abilities like Shikotusmyaku. i do believe that yin/yang plays a part in these techniques as they are the basis to chakra. yin being the spirtual component or the "mind". Yang being the physical component or the "body".

      Techniques such as Sharingan is a Yin Kekkei Genkai, I believe Shikotsumyaku is a Yang Kekkei Genkai, this is all speculation of course but i dont think it would be far fetched to believe that these techniques who are used by Shinobi with a distant blood relation to Kaguya or inheritors of Indra or Ashura's chakra, therefore being very unique individuals, would be able to mainpulate Yin and Yang Chakras into their Elemental or Non Elemental Kekkei Genkai's

      Again, just a thought

        Loading editor
    • Gilgamesh85 wrote: In short:

      • I agree that Wind + Earth = Magnet makes no sense. If the Databook information will be "retconned", I would bet on Wind + Lightning or Earth + Lightning
      • Like Blaze Release, I think that Typhoon and Steel Release are more advanced version of Wind and Earth
      • Deidara's clay is clearly not a jutsu in itself, since Deidara "ran out of it". Probably with Lightning Sasuke managed to "defuse" the Explosion Release component, just like they did with EdoDeidara when he was caught by Kankuro
      • I highly doubt there exists more than one combined nature comprised of the same element, but well... we'll see

      My guess is more or less like Elveonora's:

      Fire + Wind = Scorch (confirmed) Fire + Water = Steam (confirmed) Fire + Earth = Lava (confirmed) Fire + Lighting = Explosion (my guess)

      Wind + Water = Ice (confirmed) Wind + Earth = Crystal (my guess) Wind + Lightning = Magnet (my guess)

      Water + Earth = Wood (confirmed) Water + Lightning = Storm (confirmed)

      Earth + Lightning = ??? (i think we still have to see it)

      Earth+Lightning = Steel :)

        Loading editor
    • Once upon a time, I had a theory that it's possible to combine 5BN with secondary elements like Yin and Yang. The theory I had in mind was actually based on the fact that Sasuke used Blaze Release, but it wasn't confirmed to be a combo of Fire & Lightning (yeah, I remember the times when some fans suggested this combination).

      So, for me, it was that Blaze Release is made up of Fire nature (Uchiha Clan has an affinity for it) and Yin Release (the one that includes any specific chakra manipulations, genjutsu creation, favor of spiritual energy over the physical one, etc.).

      Now, with all the info we have about any showed release, and the theory I have, I can suggest this stuff to discuss. First of all, we confirmed natures like:

      • Boil (Fire + Water)
      • Scorch (Fire + Wind)
      • Lava (Fire + Earth)
      • Storm (Water + Lightning)
      • Ice (Water + Wind)
      • Wood (Water + Earth)
      • Dust (Fire + Earth + Wind)

      Then, we have some natures that are indeed troublesome. Let's begin with the Magnet Release. It's known to be a trait of One-Tails and all its jinchuriki, I don't know why nobody has mentioned it. According to the databook, Shukaku has only Wind and Earth nature, leaving them as a basis for the Magnet. A pity, as I consider Lightning + Wind as a more appropriate variant for this (and I also consider that Gaara should have Magnet from Shukaku, not only his father, as it’s going to be wrong that Naruto had Magnet from Shukaku, and Gaara hadn’t).

      Then, we have Explosion Release. In the manga, it was said that this nature is made up of at least earth nature, because of the seal Deidara used to make his clay figures, and because Sasuke was able to stop the former’s jutsu with his lightning, as lightning travels through the earth. I consider that Explosion nature is indeed lightning + earth; the reason Sasuke was able to stop the explosion, is because his Lightning Release was more powerful than the lightning component Deidara put in his techniques. Counterbalancing stuff, y’know.

      Now, we can talk about the theory I have, a combination of five basic natures and secondary natures. I consider that Blaze and Typhoon can be combinations of Fire and Yin, and Wind and Yin, respectively; because Yin is based on spiritual energy, and more chakra-based, thus it can work like this. According to this, we can have such variants of KG:

      • Crystal: Earth + Yin
      • Steel: Earth + Yang
      • Dark: Lightning + Yin
      • Swift: Wind + Yang

      I also considered that Wisdom Wolf Decay might be based on a combination of Water and Yin Releases, thus giving the acid nature.

      So, what do you think about it? IDK, if my theory sounds crazy or nobody will like it, but I'm interested in a discussion :P

        Loading editor
    • The databook doesn't list natures for Shukaku, only we do, on the basis that we assume Magnet to be Earth and Wind, because of Rasa's natures given in 4th databook.

        Loading editor
    • "Fourth Databook, pages 148-151" - I took it as a third reference from the Shukaku's page.

        Loading editor
    • Then it's wrong and whoever put it there should feel bad, the Tailed Beasts don't each have their own profile in the book with natures and all and the referenced pages don't mention Shukaku having Wind and Earth anywhere.

        Loading editor
    • Magnet is wind + earth. Lightning isn't part magnet release. But Lightning + Magnet = Electromagnetism (Kajura and Shinki uses It)

        Loading editor
    • The only evidence we have for Magnet being Wind+Earth is Rasa's Jin no Sho profile, as he has both Wind and Earth there but no Lightning. The book has its errors though, so it's not a 100% proof, but it's the only evidence there is, so we go with it, until we get something better, assuming we ever do, like a direct statement in the manga or anime or novel or whatever.

      The point of this thread is not take it at face value but to question it, as it might be an error for all we know. If we went 100% by Jin no Sho, it would be a mess.

        Loading editor
    • Why are you always twisting things to your liking? The natures of Magnet Release were inferred from Rasa's profile, they are 100% true. You act as if because the book has some mistakes, all information in it can't be trusted. Imagine being in school, learning math from a book that has an subtraction error and thinking to yourself "hmm, there's an error in this subtraction, what if the ENTIRE BOOK is wrong?! Better not trust it".

      The point is to go by the book and apply common sense, not to dismiss it's value because of a few mistakes. As long as there's nothing that indicates the inferred information is wrong, it's true.

        Loading editor
    • You pretend like Rasa's profile can't be wrong though. Hagoromo's says he has a Kekkei Mora, even though the Rinnegan was never referred to as such for example, it's potentially another error. This is a forum topic, I'm not putting what I think into the articles themselves. And since it's a forum topic, what ifs are okay and we can discuss and analyze stuff. It's not really any different than your timelines, also your own deduction of events.

        Loading editor
    • The addition of Mud Release, Typhoon Release, and clarification on Magnet Release really bug me.

      The addition of Mud Release suggests that there can be multiple natures spawned from the fusion of the same natures. That opens the way too wide for my liking and just inspires more guesswork and speculation.

      Before Typhoon Release I was of the Idea Black Natures were simply the Pinnacle of their Element. Amaterasu's Black Flames and Darui's Black Lightning gave off the idea the strongest of these elements were black in design. This was supported by Six Paths Power turning Sasuke's and Kakashi's Chidori and Lightning Blade Black. ... But now we have Typhoon release that just sits on that idea while it somehow mad Sasuke's Susanoo move an inch.

      Magnet Release just doesn't make sense to me. I understand the inclusion of the Wind Element but not Earth. I remember when it was believed Sand was a Nature in of itself and that would better fit with the wind and earth nature combination. It's whatever now but I'd prefer it if it was wind and lightning.


      With actual Nature combinations, I always favored Lukas's Common Element Nature theory in relation to Kekkei Tota. In his theory he states that Kekkei Tota form when Two compatible Kekkei Genkai manifest in a individual. The Capability comes in when you manifest two Kekkei Genkai that share a common element that does not overpower or be overpowered by the corresponding elements.

      So if you manifested two Kekkei Genkai like Boil Release and Lava Release, with the common element being Fire Release, (Like Mei), you'd have two Kekkei Genkai that are incompatible due to the Water Nature in Boil Release overpowering the Fire Chakra.

      But, if you have two Kekkei Genkai like Magnet Release and Lava Release, with the common element being Earth Release, (like Onoki), you'd have two Kekkei Genkai that are compatible as neither the Fire Chakra nor the Wind Chakra overpower or be overpowered by the common Earth Chakra.

      This would drastically limit the number of possible Kekkei Tota while explaining why they are so rare, and how despite Mei possessing three Natures why she doesn't posses a Kekkei Tota. It also thematically fits with the name. The only method of developing this power is selected breeding.

        Loading editor
    • Littlegen wrote: The addition of Mud Release, Typhoon Release, and clarification on Magnet Release really bug me.

      The addition of Mud Release suggests that there can be multiple natures spawned from the fusion of the same natures. That opens the way too wide for my liking and just inspires more guesswork and speculation.

      Before Typhoon Release I was of the Idea Black Natures were simply the Pinnacle of their Element. Amaterasu's Black Flames and Darui's Black Lightning gave off the idea the strongest of these elements were black in design. This was supported by Six Paths Power turning Sasuke's and Kakashi's Chidori and Lightning Blade Black. ... But now we have Typhoon release that just sits on that idea while it somehow mad Sasuke's Susanoo move an inch.

      Magnet Release just doesn't make sense to me. I understand the inclusion of the Wind Element but not Earth. I remember when it was believed Sand was a Nature in of itself and that would better fit with the wind and earth nature combination. It's whatever now but I'd prefer it if it was wind and lightning.


      With actual Nature combinations, I always favored Lukas's Common Element Nature theory in relation to Kekkei Tota. In his theory he states that Kekkei Tota form when Two compatible Kekkei Genkai manifest in a individual. The Capability comes in when you manifest two Kekkei Genkai that share a common element that does not overpower or be overpowered by the corresponding elements.

      So if you manifested two Kekkei Genkai like Boil Release and Lava Release, with the common element being Fire Release, (Like Mei), you'd have two Kekkei Genkai that are incompatible due to the Water Nature in Boil Release overpowering the Fire Chakra.

      But, if you have two Kekkei Genkai like Magnet Release and Lava Release, with the common element being Earth Release, (like Onoki), you'd have two Kekkei Genkai that are compatible as neither the Fire Chakra nor the Wind Chakra overpower or be overpowered by the common Earth Chakra.

      This would drastically limit the number of possible Kekkei Tota while explaining why they are so rare, and how despite Mei possessing three Natures why she doesn't posses a Kekkei Tota. It also thematically fits with the name. The only method of developing this power is selected breeding.

      Just like Blaze and Typhoon, I remind you that it has never been said Steel, Dark and Swift are KG formed by two elements.

      In reality, water is a substance that has unique characteristics, chemistry and physics affirms it. And it is probably for this reason that the combination with the earth can generate more KG.

      Mei Terumi doesn't possess a KT, because Water + Fire + Earth doesn't generate anything. what element could it create XD?

      Dust release destroy substance just like fire and wind destroy substance (earth). The only future KT that could be introduced is electromagnetism as a combination of wind + earth + lightning.

        Loading editor
    • Sharingan is right, Typhoon was never called a combined nature. Can't it be a kkg without it being a combined nature? For Mud, what exactly does the novel say about it? Is it ever labeled a kkg?

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Sharingan is right, Typhoon was never called a combined nature. Can't it be a kkg without it being a combined nature? For Mud, what exactly does the novel say about it? Is it ever labeled a kkg?

      Did you read the Akatsuki Hiden, chapter 2?

        Loading editor
    • I sadly haven't read any of the novels, hence why I'm asking what's actually said in them in regards to the new natures.

        Loading editor
    • Sharingan91 wrote: Mei Terumi doesn't possess a KT, because Water + Fire + Earth doesn't generate anything. what element could it create XD? Dust release destroy substance just like fire and wind destroy substance (earth).

      You Talk as if you have Kishimoto's notes. It's a theory that takes what's there and attempts to build on it.


      Elveonora wrote: Sharingan is right, Typhoon was never called a combined nature. Can't it be a kkg without it being a combined nature? For Mud, what exactly does the novel say about it? Is it ever labeled a kkg?

      I didn't call it a Nature Combination Kekkei Genkai. I compared it to Amaterasu and Black Lightning.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that Typhoon is most likely similar to Blaze, yes, stronger KKG version of a basic nature.

        Loading editor
    • If we can consider Blaze as a stronger KKG version of a basic nature, can we consider that Black Lightning is something similar to this concept?

        Loading editor
    • I would say, No. Lightning release chakra has been shown in all possible colors and we even have Purple Lightning and it's not special, so just a theory, but a color of a Lightning Release technique has to do with its power maybe, but can't really tell.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Elve that Magnet makes no logical sense to me. I mean look at every other Kekkei Genkai. They're thought out in some way.

      Wood Release- Wood is a product of the earth and grows from water.

      Boil- Heating up water with fire, allows one to boil.

      Lava- Do I really got to explain this one? Hot. Land.

      Storm- What usually pops up in a storm? Lightning from the clouds and Water from the clouds.

      Ice- This should just be obvious.

      Magnet- Earth and Wind.......? What about Earth and Wind makes magnetism? I doubt Kishimoto would fall out of pattern here. Lava makes earth and fire. Wood is a product of Earth and Water. Water when heated boils. A storm cloud produces Lightning and Water. And water when cooled to the extreme, is frozen. Literally, Kishimoto put some thought behind it. It makes zero sense lightning wouldn't be involved.

      The argument stems from Rasa's 4th databook profile. Firstly, it's the Databook. They're also proven false majority of the time. The argument Rasa can never be changed is not viable. Haku will never be shown again, does that mean he is as fast as light? Yahiko's profile destroys this argument. Guess what isn't lit up for Yahiko. Yin or Yang. So if Yahiko has Yin or Yang (he has to since they make up every non-elemental jutsu), Rasa could have Lightning. If Kisame has Yin or Yang, but isn't listed as someone who has them, then Rasa can have Lightning. There are character profiles that don't have any elements listed. Does that mean they have 0 elements?

      Shinki has been shown to use Lightning and not confirmed to use the other two. So in the series, Shinki has Lightning only. In the Databook, Rasa has Wind and Earth. There's no argument for Rasa that can't be used for Shinki, except the one I stated above. But as I shown, that argument doesn't work.

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: I agree with Elve that Magnet makes no logical sense to me. I mean look at every other Kekkei Genkai. They're thought out in some way.

      Wood Release- Wood is a product of the earth and grows from water.

      Boil- Heating up water with fire, allows one to boil.

      Lava- Do I really got to explain this one? Hot. Land.

      Storm- What usually pops up in a storm? Lightning from the clouds and Water from the clouds.

      Ice- This should just be obvious.

      Magnet- Earth and Wind.......? What about Earth and Wind makes magnetism? I doubt Kishimoto would fall out of pattern here. Lava makes earth and fire. Wood is a product of Earth and Water. Water when heated boils. A storm cloud produces Lightning and Water. And water when cooled to the extreme, is frozen. Literally, Kishimoto put some thought behind it. It makes zero sense lightning wouldn't be involved.

      The argument stems from Rasa's 4th databook profile. Firstly, it's the Databook. They're also proven false majority of the time. The argument Rasa can never be changed is not viable. Haku will never be shown again, does that mean he is as fast as light? Yahiko's profile destroys this argument. Guess what isn't lit up for Yahiko. Yin or Yang. So if Yahiko has Yin or Yang (he has to since they make up every non-elemental jutsu), Rasa could have Lightning. If Kisame has Yin or Yang, but isn't listed as someone who has them, then Rasa can have Lightning. There are character profiles that don't have any elements listed. Does that mean they have 0 elements?

      Shinki has been shown to use Lightning and not confirmed to use the other two. So in the series, Shinki has Lightning only. In the Databook, Rasa has Wind and Earth. There's no argument for Rasa that can't be used for Shinki, except the one I stated above. But as I shown, that argument doesn't work.

      Oh Yes! As Quicklime, Acid and Rubber are lava release... Forget the most obvious logic, in the case of lava release there isn't hot material but loose substance.

      magnet release is explained as air that possesses properties of the metals of the earth, magnetism indeed. Lightning is not a component because it is shown repeatedly produces electromagnetism, another phenomenon. If magnet = wind+ Lightning.... Electromagnetism= magnet+ Lightning= wind+Lightning+Lightning , and this is no sense!

        Loading editor
    • @Sharingan

      Actually, Magnetism is a physical phenomenon produced by the motion of electric charge, resulting in attractive and repulsive forces between objects. So you obviously don't know what you are talking about cause even the dictionary has that listed. If Air was a component of Magnetism, there wouldn't be Magnetism in space where there is no air.

      Secondly, as I said. There's no proof Earth + Wind = Magnet Release. That's just fallacy derived from Rasa's profile. Shinki has Lightning and isn't stated to use Earth or Wind. Therefore, using the same argument people used for Rasa, I can use for Shinki.

      Thirdly, the mere fact Shinki can create an electromagnetic field solely with Lightning Release should be enough to show anyone what goes into Magnet Release. "Electricity and magnetism are essentially two aspects of the same thing, because a changing electric field creates a magnetic field, and a changing magnetic field creates an electric field. (This is why physicists usually refer to "electromagnetism" or "electromagnetic" forces together, rather than separately.)"

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: @Sharingan

      Actually, Magnetism is a physical phenomenon produced by the motion of electric charge, resulting in attractive and repulsive forces between objects. So you obviously don't know what you are talking about cause even the dictionary has that listed. If Air was a component of Magnetism, there wouldn't be Magnetism in space where there is no air.

      Secondly, as I said. There's no proof Earth + Wind = Magnet Release. That's just fallacy derived from Rasa's profile. Shinki has Lightning and isn't stated to use Earth or Wind. Therefore, using the same argument people used for Rasa, I can use for Shinki.

      Thirdly, the mere fact Shinki can create an electromagnetic field solely with Lightning Release should be enough to show anyone what goes into Magnet Release. "Electricity and magnetism are essentially two aspects of the same thing, because a changing electric field creates a magnetic field, and a changing magnetic field creates an electric field. (This is why physicists usually refer to "electromagnetism" or "electromagnetic" forces together, rather than separately.)"

      No, because Shinki uses lightning only anime.

        Loading editor
    • @Sharingan

      So? The Anime is Canon. It's supervised by both Ukyo the writer of the Manga and Kishimoto himself.

      While both Kodachi and Ikemoto are in charge of the manga, Kodachi also oversees the anime's adaptation alongside Kishimoto. and The television anime series, supervised by series creator Ukyō Kodachi, [[1]]

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: @Sharingan

      So? The Anime is Canon. It's supervised by both Ukyo the writer of the Manga and Kishimoto himself.

      While both Kodachi and Ikemoto are in charge of the manga, Kodachi also oversees the anime's adaptation alongside Kishimoto. and The television anime series, supervised by series creator Ukyō Kodachi, [[1]]

      wow and so Jin no sho is a fanbook? XD

        Loading editor
    • Who said it was a fan book? All i said was you have no valid argument that Magnet Release is Earth and Wind that I can't use for Shinki and Lightning.

      You used the Databook.

      I used the Anime which is supervised by both writers.

      Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was a fan book. I said the same thing can be used against you. And the Databook does not precede the series itself.

        Loading editor
    • Someone could ask on authors twitter profile, maybe just so we could have a definitive answer.

        Loading editor
    • Great analysis LoneNinja. My take:

      • According to a novel, Gaara also has Magnet Release... Gaara can also use Lightning Release.
      • Kajūra character from a novel, another Magnet Release user, can also use Lightning Release.
      • Shinki yet another Magnet Release user can also user Lightning Release.

      Considering we have seen these:

      The connection to Lightning is obviously there.

        Loading editor
    • Sharingan91 wrote: Someone could ask on authors twitter profile, maybe just so we could have a definitive answer.

      Please don't.

        Loading editor
    • I see no reason to not ask a simply question of whether he will expand on the nature transformations or not. It's a simply yes or no question and if he doesn't want to answer, he can also do that too. People that got out and do these interviews often ask crappy questions half the time anyway. As long as its not overboard and bombing him with questions, it should be okay.

        Loading editor
    • It's really not, for several reasons:

      1. I asked them years ago, they told me that they don't know the answer and even if they did, they'd be not allowed to talk about it.
      2. They get bombarded by idiots each and every day, people that read the chapters before they're officially released in Japan and then message them about it (absolutely disrespectful), people that hate the pairings and flame the authors for every little thing etc. The Naruto/Boruto fandom is really, really bad.
      3. They're obviously too busy to answer some random foreign fan.

      So please don't message them about these things.

        Loading editor
    • If I remember correctly, we had the name of the Boruto's dojutsu through twitter.

        Loading editor
    • No, we hadn't.

        Loading editor
    • So is there any definitive proof that Magnet = Wind + Earth that couldn't be used for Shinki and Lightning?

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: The argument stems from Rasa's 4th databook profile. Firstly, it's the Databook. They're also proven false majority of the time. The argument Rasa can never be changed is not viable.

      I think the reasoning you put forward (after what i quoted) is a bit weird, because a simpler argument exists:

      The databook that states Rasa has wind+earth is the same databook that omits e.g. Sage Mode for Madara (despite obviously having it). We cannot guarantee that Rasa's releases are all there is to it. People having element listings that they don't use is not a big deal, but the reverse (omissions of things they obviously had) is quite damning. So while we can safely say Rasa has wind and earth releases, we cannot safely say he doesn't have any other element. Given that Deidara is another case of questionable references, Magnetism as wind+earth is based on two questionable pieces of content.

        Loading editor
    • So in other words, there isn't proof and it's just a theory? "We cannot guarantee that Rasa's releases are all there" If that is the case, that means you cannot guarantee that Magnet is Wind + Earth since there could be another element that Rasa has as is the case with Kisame and others.

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: So in other words, there isn't proof and it's just a theory? "We cannot guarantee that Rasa's releases are all there" If that is the case, that means you cannot guarantee that Magnet is Wind + Earth since there could be another element that Rasa has as is the case with Kisame and others.

      What?? Kisame??

        Loading editor
    • Yin and Yang

      Aside from the five elemental nature transformations, there are two nature transformations that are the source of all non-elemental techniques [[1]]

      With that being said...

      Kisame isn't listed as a user of Yin or Yang release in the databook[[2]]. But according to the wiki, summoning has to be composed of Yin or Yang cause he can summon Sharks (Summoning Technique) .

      Same can be said for the 3rd Raikage. He can use Body Flicker and is known to use Body Flicker. According to the wiki, Body Flicker has to be Yin or Yang. But the 3rd Raikage isn't listed as a user of Yin or Yang[[3]].

      Another example is Hashirama. He used the Bringer-of-Darkness Technique in the Manga. Guess what he isn't listed in using? [[4]] That's right. Yin Release. But wait, Yin Release is supposed to be all Genjutsu??? Yin Release.

        Loading editor
    • Damn, herd mentality is scary.

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau wrote: Damn, herd mentality is scary.

      Seelentau is a Herd Mentality!

      LoneNinja wrote: Yin and Yang

      Aside from the five elemental nature transformations, there are two nature transformations that are the source of all non-elemental techniques [[1]]

      With that being said...

      Kisame isn't listed as a user of Yin or Yang release in the databook[[2]]. But according to the wiki, summoning has to be composed of Yin or Yang cause he can summon Sharks (Summoning Technique) .

      Same can be said for the 3rd Raikage. He can use Body Flicker and is known to use Body Flicker. According to the wiki, Body Flicker has to be Yin or Yang. But the 3rd Raikage isn't listed as a user of Yin or Yang[[3]].

      Another example is Hashirama. He used the Bringer-of-Darkness Technique in the Manga. Guess what he isn't listed in using? [[4]] That's right. Yin Release. But wait, Yin Release is supposed to be all Genjutsu??? Yin Release.

      You're taking it too literally, trust me. Not every technique is given a ratio like 90% Yin and 10% Yang. Chakra is a mystical power. Many of the mechanics aren't known or can be hand waved with the use of Jutsu Formulas, Sealing Formulas, and or Hand Seals. Trying to break all these techniques down will drive you insane.

        Loading editor
    • I've always thought the reasoning behind it being Earth and Wind, far fetched. I'm pretty sure I voiced it a few times.

      In the end, there's no proof. Your "proof" can be used for Body Flicker and Summoning. Body Flicker in that argument's logic, is Yin release cause Shisui is listed as a user of Yin Release. Summoning is Yang Release cause Naruto and Tsunade have Yang release. There's plenty of more jutsus. So unless you are going t abide by that logic, then there is no reason to keep Magnet Release as Wind and Earth.

        Loading editor
    • ...this is not a discussion to change that, though. This is the theory/speculation board, for all I care, Magnet Release can be a combination of shits and giggles.

        Loading editor
    • Then I'll start a topic under the talk page to change that. Because there's no reason to keep it as is when the logic behind it is clearly flawed.

        Loading editor
    • Sure, go ahead.

        Loading editor
    • I did. But anyways on the topic at hand.

      Lightning being a component of Magnet Release makes the most sense to me. The same reasoning why confirmed components of nature Kekkei Genkai make some sense.

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: Yin and Yang

      Aside from the five elemental nature transformations, there are two nature transformations that are the source of all non-elemental techniques [[1]]

      With that being said...

      Kisame isn't listed as a user of Yin or Yang release in the databook[[2]]. But according to the wiki, summoning has to be composed of Yin or Yang cause he can summon Sharks (Summoning Technique) .

      ...

      Yin release and Yang Release for Summoning Technique. XD XD Please stop LOL

        Loading editor
    • @Sharingan

      Do you read the Manga or wiki? Summoning has to be one or the other cause the series stated that ALL None elemental Ninjutsu is either Yin or Yang. Unless you are trying to say it's water, fire, wind, earth, or lightning. If that's the case then you should be the one who should stop...

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau already explained why we won't change it. So even though I personally disagree with it, Rasa's profile in the databook is the only thing pointing us in any direction, we simply can't assume that a piece of information might be wrong or incomplete, otherwise we could apply that to everything. It IS possible that Magnet is Wind+Lightning or Lightning+Earth or as Seelentau said, shit and giggles, but it's going to be changed only under these conditions:

      • if the manga, anime, databook, novel, interview or anything official and canon will in the future state that Wind+Earth is (just for example), Crystal, therefore we would know it can't be Magnet
      • Magnet will have been stated to be x and y and if it's not Wind and Earth, we would change it to x and y then

      Until either of those happens, we ought to document the information suggesting it to be Wind and Earth.

        Loading editor
    • But how can you abide by the logic behind Character Profiles if the same can be said for other jutsu such as Summoning and Body Flicker? No matter. No need to go off topic. I set up the talk page under Magnet Release if you wish to continue the discussion.

        Loading editor
    • Again, for the last time: We list Magnet Release as Wind + Earth, because it's the only possible combination left, according to Rasa's profile. Yes, the information COULD be wrong, yes, the databook IS oftentimes wrong, but in all those wrong cases, we can say for CERTAIN that they're wrong. We can NOT say for certain that Rasa's profile is wrong and as long as there is nothing speaking against it, it's correct. That's how this wiki operates. If you don't like it, make your own wiki.

      Okay? Good. You can speculate and theorise as much as you want, but please don't interfere with the wiki itself.

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: @Sharingan

      Do you read the Manga or wiki? Summoning has to be one or the other cause the series stated that ALL None elemental Ninjutsu is either Yin or Yang. Unless you are trying to say it's water, fire, wind, earth, or lightning. If that's the case then you should be the one who should stop...

      It was never once stated that all non-elemental jutsus are either Yin or Yang Release, otherwise Naruto would be a user of either nature way before he received the Hag gift

        Loading editor
    • Well if everyone seems to think that, then why hasn't anyone changed the Nature Transformation page? Cause that's what it says on there. None elemental techniques fall under Yin or yang.

        Loading editor
    • LoneNinja wrote: Well if everyone seems to think that, then why hasn't anyone changed the Nature Transformation page? Cause that's what it says on there. None elemental techniques fall under Yin or yang.

      Hmm, you're right. It certainly needs to be changed

        Loading editor
    • I mean. That could be the case, we just don't know.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: The only problem is Yamato and Kakashi's clear demonstration that Earth and Water together produce the Wood.

      Maybe Hashi used Mud Release and Wood Release simultaneously, which is why Yamato and other Hashi Cell peeps uses it simultaneously. This is how I explain it to myself.

      LoneNinja wrote: None elemental techniques fall under Yin or yang.

      I do recall it being stated somewhere in the manga AGES AGO, I just can't remember the chapter number.

      But for me, Yin and Yang Release is not really a "release", it's more of the state of balance between the Physical and Mental Energy within the chakra, which is why everyone that has chakra should have them.

      So for genjutsus where it's creating things out of nothing, it has more Mental Energy. For healing jutsus, it's giving life to already existing things, so it has more Physical Energy.

      For the people that are explicitly stated to have these releases, it's probably because they're really efficient with it. For example, Hagoromo that does it so well he created living creatures.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.