FANDOM


  • If there were any changes you could make to the plot of Naruto regarding abilities, characters, motivations etc. what would you change and why?

    If I could change something, I'd remove the relationship between the Sharingan and Rinnegan, and keep them as entirely separate dojutsu. In my opinion, Madara getting the Rinnegan was just some bs to hype him up as the final antagonist, it ruined the significance of Pain as an adversary to Naruto by reducing him to an Uchiha puppet. I believe that this relationship wasn't always a thing, as Kishimoto was only persuaded to continue Naruto once the Pain arc concluded, and the only way to continue the upwards scale of power is to have the Rinnegan return in another character.

      Loading editor
    • i would rather want a better relation between Tsunade and Naruto, not because they are both Uzumaki or descendants of Uzumaki, but because of the relationship that was created when they first met.

      it had so much potential.

      Tsunade could have gone on to be the mother like figure to Naruto. instead she was a sideline character who simply believed in him and really didnt had no hand in his character development.

      Halcyonite wrote:

      If I could change something, I'd remove the relationship between the Sharingan and Rinnegan, and keep them as entirely separate dojutsu. In my opinion, Madara getting the Rinnegan was just some bs to hype him up as the final antagonist, it ruined the significance of Pain as an adversary to Naruto by reducing him to an Uchiha puppet. I believe that this relationship wasn't always a thing, as Kishimoto was only persuaded to continue Naruto once the Pain arc concluded, and the only way to continue the upwards scale of power is to have the Rinnegan return in another character.

      however people may want to hate on BS of Kaguya and all that followed from the war on, the history of all it all made sense. in terms of story telling, the history fits in perfectly except for dates and all.

        Loading editor
    • I can't think of how but I would have made the side characters more prominent in the story especially characters like Hinata, Neji, and Iruka. I feel that they along with some other characters didn't get enough of the limelight they deserved considering their importance in the story.

      While I think that the time in the story that Naruto started making the Wind Release: Rasengan is perfect the whole concept of chakra natures should have been introduced way before and he should have had some rudimentary skills in using Wind Release by then.

      I would have had Kakashi not become Hokage. They go through Kages faster than my family goes through milk, it is weird because they are supposed to be like the strongest village with the most talented and powerful Kages.

      I would have made some changes to a lot of characters' fighting styles. I would have made Sakura use genjutsu as part of her fighting style in tandem with her chakra enhanced strength, I think it suits her as a support character as well as the fact that she is supposed to have some talent for it according to Kakashi. Naruto didn't have a fighting style revolving around speed before the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode but as soon as he got it he became the fastest ninja of his era and I found it to be kind of a cheap way to make him like his dad just of the blue, so I would have had Naruto develop speed based fighting style way before then like after Rock Lee's fight with Gaara. Just a few examples.

      I would have introduced more dojutsu, I just personally find it weird that the only dojutsu really saw in the series were the "Three Great Dojutsu" and the dojutsu directly related to them. I just kind of expected to see more "lesser" dojutsu even if it was just to give more importance/hype to the Three Great Dojutsu.

      Naruto was supposed to be hated by the village but we never really got to see that so I would have added some scenes where that hatred was apparent. For example right after Naruto won his fight against Neji people were cheering for him, I would have had people booing him instead.

        Loading editor
    • I would have had people booing him instead.

      More like scared, the people knew he had the fox and then he start emitting her chakra, the fox killed a lot of people in the villege, so they should've been scared as hek to see that, calling the anbu, poliche whatewer to stop the situation and run away

        Loading editor
    • @Frwt But exactly where is the hate in that though? It is a perfectly legitimate scenario as it does make sense, I just don't think it would get the point I want across.

        Loading editor
    • Dimension Creator wrote: @Frwt But exactly where is the hate in that though? It is a perfectly legitimate scenario as it does make sense, I just don't think it would get the point I want across.

      I agree with you on the rest of the message, the hate in the daily life, but when the fox start to emerge, it's not normal that the people menisfest an aggressive behavior

        Loading editor
    • Characters I would like to see have a change of personality are Sasuke being less of a prodigy and mean, Sakura being less of a fangirl, Kakashi being less into Jiraiya's books and Iruka to never have hatred for Naruto when they first met. I wish Iruka could have been like a father figure at the very beginning of Naruto's childhood.

      I would like Naruto and Hinata have a reverse of their canon personality with Naruto acting like Hinata and Hinata acting like.

      The storyline plot of Naruto being a jinchuriki and orphan I would keep the same but I would rather have Naruto as Kurenai's student instead.

      I would have the team match up as: 1. Naruto, Hinata and Shino 2. Sasuke, Kiba and Sakura 3. InoShika Cho is the same

      I would even have Naruto secretly be watch over by Hiruzen or Tenzo. Another idea is to have Naruto look more like his mother with red hair. Including for Naruto to at least learn fuinjutsu and the shadow clones before entering the Ninja Academy.

      The storyline of the land of waves, Chunin Exams, and search for Tsunade arc I would keep the same as well. Including Neji to find out the true reason of his father's death during his childhood and for him to not hate Hinata. But I would keep him the same as being a prodigy than Sasuke.

      As for Gaara, Temari, Kankuro, Tenten and Rock Lee I would keep them the same.

      I would even have Genma be the proctor for all three rounds of the Chunin Exam.

        Loading editor
    • There's too much that I would change, first, Pain would not have changed his believes out of nowhere, I found it really pathetic how Pain changed what he believed in for decades in a couple of seconds just because Naruto said "lets be friends and hug each other". Whoever Pain killed should have stayed dead. Sasuke would have never gone back to Konoha. There would be some shinobi stronger than both Naruto and Sasuke, I always hate it when they give bs power ups to the main characters. The 1st Hokage was said to be the strongest and then suddenly some teenagers barely out of puberty, who have never fought in a real war are the strongest shinobi ever? Look at One Piece, even after the Time skip there's still plenty of characters stronger than Luffy. Side characters would have their time to shine during the war without Naruto interrupting, for example, When Shino was fighting Torune and Naruto joined the fight, that was a moment between the Aburame, Naruto had no place there. Even if Sasuke went back to the village the Konoha 11 should have been wary of him, he's a traitor, you never trust a traitor no matter how much they claim to have changed. Naruto would not have that weird obsession he has with Sasuke. I would change many more things but I'll stop here.

        Loading editor
    • @Casteless I partially agree with you. I actually like that Pain changed his beliefs towards the end of his life, but I would have liked him to have had more of a reason to. People only disliked talk-no-jutsu because it was overused, but it makes sense in regards to Pain. When Pain and Jiraiya confronted each other, Jiraiya neglected to connect with Pain on an emotional level, whereas Naruto did. Since both Pain and Naruto were Jiraiya's students, they both empathised with each other in that regard. The only reason Naruto was able to convince Nagato to change his ways, was because he quoted Jiraiya's book. More specifically, Naruto quoted something that Nagato himself said all those years ago:

      "I don't know how to achieve peace yet. But I'll break this curse someday. If there's such a thing as peace, I'll seize it!"

      Naruto reminded Nagato how twisted his ideology had become, not that his current ideology was wrong necessarily, but that he broke his promise to Jiraiya, Yahiko and himself all those years ago.

      If you wanna talk about a dumb use of talk-no-jutsu, it would be Naruto to Obito. I feel like if anyone should have talked to Obito, it should have been Kakashi.

      I do agree with you on the power-scaling though. I hated how they made people who are meant to be ninjas, literal gods. (Pain is different, I know he portrayed himself as a God, and his powers were OP at the time, but he didn't have the ability to casually summon meteors or use megazord susanoo soldier statues lol, and his strongest techniques were ones he didn't use effortlessly)

        Loading editor
    • I would have had the Copy Ninja actually copy jutsu during battle like his first fight against Zabuza and his first fight against Kisame

        Loading editor
    • Casteless Dwarf wrote: There's too much that I would change, first, Pain would not have changed his believes out of nowhere, I found it really pathetic how Pain changed what he believed in for decades in a couple of seconds just because Naruto said "lets be friends and hug each other". Whoever Pain killed should have stayed dead. Sasuke would have never gone back to Konoha. There would be some shinobi stronger than both Naruto and Sasuke, I always hate it when they give bs power ups to the main characters. The 1st Hokage was said to be the strongest and then suddenly some teenagers barely out of puberty, who have never fought in a real war are the strongest shinobi ever? Look at One Piece, even after the Time skip there's still plenty of characters stronger than Luffy. Side characters would have their time to shine during the war without Naruto interrupting, for example, When Shino was fighting Torune and Naruto joined the fight, that was a moment between the Aburame, Naruto had no place there. Even if Sasuke went back to the village the Konoha 11 should have been wary of him, he's a traitor, you never trust a traitor no matter how much they claim to have changed. Naruto would not have that weird obsession he has with Sasuke. I would change many more things but I'll stop here.

      Preach! As for me aside from these things listed above, if Kaguya showed up in the final battle, I would have her somehow help Team 7 to fight Madara with his powers being so much that her staying idle would be foolish. Better a common enemy than taking their spot out of nowhere.

        Loading editor
    • I'd probably keep most of the broad strokes the same but change details. Danzo would be a more prominent villain, with his reign lasting longer and dividing the village. The war would have taken place over more than a few days, more people would have died and suffered serious injuries. I wouldn't have had the alliance come together so seamlessly or quickly, maybe even have one of the nations remaining uninvolved for a while. The Infinite Tsukuyomi would have been a single shared dream world controlled by Madara, and all the living except Sasuke would have been caught in it, with an arc taking place in that world. Madara wouldn't have been as powerful, and Sasuke would have actually used whatever Hashirama gave him. They'd actually beat him, creating an opening for Black Zetsu to do his thing.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.