FANDOM


  • I've seen people stating in various places that one of the novels or one of Boruto's chapters reveals that Naruto is sick - possibly dying - due to his body not being able to handle the chakra of all nine Tailed Beasts plus the Six Paths chakra. Is this true, and if so why isn't it mentioned on his page?

      Loading editor
    • Because it's not true

        Loading editor
    • That raises the question of where this "information" is coming from, since I've seen it posted in multiple places.

        Loading editor
    • The novel in question has yet to be fully translated into English. Once the translation has been completed I'm sure Naruto's illness will be mentioned somewhere in his article.

        Loading editor
    • Organic Dinosaur on Twitter explained it best, as she translates and such as she gets more information.

      Naruto's illness is akin to an autoimmune diorder; Basically Naruto's body is becoming allergic to Kurama's chakra and as a result, his chakra pathway system is slowly closing itself in an attempt to stop the effects.

      Search for " OrganicDinosaur on Twitter: "To clarify the immunology " in google and the first link you see with those same words is the post that explains it thus far.

        Loading editor
    • And Naruto is the only Jinchūriki suffering this problem?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, and I dont see why that matters to people. Naruto has been using Kurama's chakra a lot more than any other Jinchuriki in the history of the Naruto series. He literally goes into the mode against every single threat he faces. That alone should be enough to warrant adverse reactions within his body. Bee doesn't use his Tailed Beast chakra absolutely nowhere near as much as Naruto does.

      Its pretty much similar to a person developing an allergic reaction to something later in life when they were perfectly fine using said thing earlier in life.

        Loading editor
    • Huh, if that's true, it's news to me. I stand corrected, my b @Ascha'Vovina

        Loading editor
    • That's such a lame plot line

        Loading editor
    • UltimaDude wrote: That's such a lame plot line

      Lol that's why I automatically dismissed it as some fanfiction when I saw the thread. It sounded like it haha.

      Apparently, Kurama tells Naruto that Hagoromo suffered from the same affliction. And when he shattered some meteorite or another, he was cured. So Naruto's pals have to try to find this meteorite to save him.

      Truth be told, I woulda thought that Kurama might mention the illness to him at some point before Naruto started dying lol.

        Loading editor
    • Kurama probably doesn't even care, he knows he'll just keep ending up in new jinchuriki for ages. Whenever I see Naruto and Kurama do cute stuff or fistbump, I just remember the fact that Kurama killed Naruto's parents and find it odd.

        Loading editor
    • Squinty97 wrote: Lol that's why I automatically dismissed it as some fanfiction when I saw the thread. It sounded like it haha.

      Apparently, Kurama tells Naruto that Hagoromo suffered from the same affliction. And when he shattered some meteorite or another, he was cured. So Naruto's pals have to try to find this meteorite to save him.

      Truth be told, I woulda thought that Kurama might mention the illness to him at some point before Naruto started dying lol.

      You would think that a jinchuriki who has been exposed to their tailed beast's chakra in-utero would perfectly adapt to it. Hagoromo should never have gotten BIAIDS (Bijuu Induced Autoimmune Deficiency Syndrome) at all since he developed the power of a TTJ on his own.

      LMFAO, the cure to BIAIDS is a frraking* meteorite (assuming that it's a natural one)? That makes this frraking plot line even worse. It's such a random cure. A better cure would be some Gentle Fist technique that strengtens the tenketsus or something.

      In the decade and a half of being comrades and having his chakra being used relatively frequently, Kurama never mentioned to Naruto of the chance of having BIAIDS? What a crappy comrade. But, what's worse is frraking Hagoromo. He knew and expected Naruto to be Kurama's jinchuriki for years to come. Yet, in his vast wisdom and amazing foresight (the dude expected that one of his older son's descendant/reincarnations would be desperate enough to try and awaken the Rinnegan), he never thought of warning Naruto of possibly getting BIAIDS just like he supposedly did?

      This is why I despise the novels. They have ridiculous premises that's pretty much fanfiction


      (P.S: I purposely spelled it* as it is)

        Loading editor
    • Halcyonite wrote: Kurama probably doesn't even care, he knows he'll just keep ending up in new jinchuriki for ages. Whenever I see Naruto and Kurama do cute stuff or fistbump, I just remember the fact that Kurama killed Naruto's parents and find it odd.

      Kurama is free after Naruto. The other Tailed Beasts are free.

      Kurama is changed now. He cares about Naruto and Naruto is the only one who managed to get through to him. Before that, he'd only ever been used by humans.

      In the context of his parents, Kurama was just freed, then immediately put under Genjutsu to cause mass destruction, then as soon as he was free from the Genjutsu was being sealed back into another human. Obviously he'd try to kill those who were sealing him.

        Loading editor
    • Halcyonite wrote: Kurama probably doesn't even care, he knows he'll just keep ending up in new jinchuriki for ages. Whenever I see Naruto and Kurama do cute stuff or fistbump, I just remember the fact that Kurama killed Naruto's parents and find it odd.

      Bruh....What Squinty said.

        Loading editor
    • Squinty97 wrote:

      Halcyonite wrote: Kurama probably doesn't even care, he knows he'll just keep ending up in new jinchuriki for ages. Whenever I see Naruto and Kurama do cute stuff or fistbump, I just remember the fact that Kurama killed Naruto's parents and find it odd.

      Kurama is free after Naruto. The other Tailed Beasts are free.

      Kurama is changed now. He cares about Naruto and Naruto is the only one who managed to get through to him. Before that, he'd only ever been used by humans.

      In the context of his parents, Kurama was just freed, then immediately put under Genjutsu to cause mass destruction, then as soon as he was free from the Genjutsu was being sealed back into another human. Obviously he'd try to kill those who were sealing him.

      Fair enough, but I just think the relationship between the two is unnatural. I get that Kurama hasn't connected with his previous hosts as much as he has with Naruto, but I think the outcome is too perfect, humanity is flawed and the series has made that clear throughout. But I suppose Naruto is the Jesus of the series, so he's an anomaly of that trend.

      Besides, as you've said, Kurama has been used by many humans, I don't know how many hosts he has gone through. But judging from that, I feel like Kurama would be upset at Naruto's death, but not anything more than that. Like its been said, if Kurama did care for Naruto enough, he would have told him about BIAIDS. And even if BIAIDS wasn't a thing, wouldn't Kurama at least address what he did to Naruto's parents, either as an apology or merely an acknowledgement? A tragic event completely overlooked. Either that, or Kurama didn't care enough.

      It's sort of similar to how after Neji's (and Ino/Shika parents + countless shinobi) death, Naruto becomes buddy-buddy with Obito, or when Jiraiya is killed, Naruto becomes buddy-buddy with Nagato. Don't get me wrong, I understand why and how Naruto became buddies with them, but in order for a friendship to make sense, these tragic events would have to be addressed. Naruto does address his anger towards Nagato, which is good, but I can't recall such a thing for Obito or Kurama.

      That being said, I do think this whole BIAIDS thing is dumb, and I agree that the novels come up with some wack from time to time. Like Itachi killing his girlfriend with Tsukuyomi after exposing them to a lifetime length of genjutsu, which could have simplified a lot of conflicts throughout the series.

        Loading editor
    • oh no here we go again..

        Loading editor
    • An illness, well that's new.

        Loading editor
    • Kishi said Genjutsu can't kill on its own, so of course the novel will do the exact opposite to make Itachi look cool. The anime, movis, and novels have an odd habit of doing odd things. Sometimes it makes sense and is interesting and sometimes it doesn't and is boring.

        Loading editor
    • I think that perfectly sums up most of the decisions made in relation to moving this franchise's lore/story/world forward.

        Loading editor
    • Kishi said normal Genjutsu can't kill on its own, he never said anything about something of the calibre of Tsukuyomi and above

        Loading editor
    • True, plus the Itachi Shinden novels are Kishimoto approved which means Tsukuyomi being lethal must've gotten the greenlight from him.

        Loading editor
    • Kishi did the art for the novels, and even if he did Greenlight them, he didn't say they are canon. The Last and Boruto the movie were stated to be canon. There's a difference between stating and speculation.

      I guess since the games and movies use character's made by Kishimoto means that he approved them, and I guess that means they are canon too, by that logic - yeah, no. There has NEVER been an instance in the entire series written by Kishimoto and approved as Canon by him in which Genjutsu killing by itself. Tsukuyomi is a Mangekyo Sharingan Genjutsu. It is just a Genjutsu with nothing else added in, no Senjutsu, no Six Paths Chakra, nothing else. Thus, it can be concluded that it alone can't be used to kill. Infinite Tsukuyomi can't even kill by itself. Genjutsu isn't real, and it isn't even special genjutsu like Izanagi.

      Better luck next time fam.

        Loading editor
    • If he approved them, doesn't that mean they are canon? They're (mostly) canon to at least the anime, which changed how Izumi died.

      Plus, by that argument Boruto isn't canon, since Kishimoto neither writes or draws it.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly, I don't understand why a book that Kishimoto has overseen (and clearly read if he's done the illustrations for it and approved its story) is suddenly not seen as a valid canonical source. Is this a case of varying 'tiers' of canon like the original Star Wars EU had or something?

        Loading editor
    • @Princeharris1993 Nowhere was it ever stated infinite tsukuyomi couldn't kill. The brain can be killed by shutting it down. Which is what Itachi essentially does with Tsukuyomi in the novel. You just don't want Itachi having a feat like that and that's your problem not ours. Better luck next time, fam.

        Loading editor
    • I'm assuming you meant to say Tsukuyomi in the first sentence as the Infinite Tsukuyomi is a different ocular jutsu entirely.

        Loading editor
    • I actually mean both, because it was never said that either one of them couldn't shut the brain down.

        Loading editor
    • You all need to read the Narutopedia:Canon policy page, because you're clearly taking parts of what i said out of context. Kishi oversees BORUTO the MANGA. Hell, Boruto is actual Canon because it is a Manga, so you need to chill out with trying to make me look like I dont know what I'm talking about.

      @Ascha'Vovina If Kishimoto approved them, that means they are clear to proceed with production. That however DOESN'T mean they are canon. Two different things, otherwise all Naruto content would be canon because his intellectual property to make money, which would require some kind of input or approval from him.

      @FlatZone "@Princeharris1993 Nowhere was it ever stated infinite tsukuyomi couldn't kill. The brain can be killed by shutting it down."

      I guess you missed the part where KISHI himself said Genjutsu (Infinite Tsukuyomi and Tsukuyomi) couldn't kill by itself. If we went off speculation, then we could assume lots of jutsu could do anything. The Rasengan was never stated to NOT be able to destroy the entire world, so I guess Naruto could just use one and destroy the earth and moon. You see how silly and ridiculous that sounds? I can play the speculation and assumption game too.

      • K-canon or Kishimoto/Kodachi canon: The highest tier of canon of Naruto and Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. Simply put, everything written by Kishimoto — and as of Boruto: Naruto Next GenerationsKodachi is considered high canon.
      • C-canon or Continuity canon: Continuity canon is the third tier of canon, centred around works that act as a continuation of the main series found under K canon created by official distributors or producers, such as Shounen Jump. However, this is a lower tier than K or A-canon As such, all novels and movies, with the exception of the two films in The Last: Naruto the Movie and Boruto: Naruto the Movie, fall under this tier.

      Kishimoto's words are greater than your non/lower canon novels.

      Itachi can have all the feats he wants, I personally don't care. He's dead anyway. I can't help you want Itachi's non-canon novel feat to be canon to make you feel good about being an Itachi fanboi. Nice try though.

        Loading editor
    • Who said I was an Itachi fanboy? you sound hurt kiddo. I searched for this genjutsu statement and can't find it. In fact there isn't even a source for it on the wikia, and according to another who tried to use this claim on another site.. the statement predates the introduction of Tsukuyomi to begin with. So whether it is true or not(which you need to provide an actual source) Tsukuyomi and other high calibre genjutsu were introduced after the fact.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not hurt at all, but thanks for trying, "kiddo". Anyway, lets say I was wrong about the Kishimoto statement for the sake of your argument. Where is your canonical proof that Infinite Tsukuyomi and Tsukuyomi can kill? They've never killed in any canon material, only from a novel that Kishi gave the greenlight for production but never stated was canon. I'll wait on your proof, because I know you'll never have any.

      We can debate this to the end of time but your feelings won't change the fact that Itachi's Tsukuyomi Genjutsu feat isn't canon. So until Kishimoto or Kodachi show or say otherwise, you can't change my mind, so its best we get back on topic of the main thread.

        Loading editor
    • Well, you're wrong. Now back on topic.. this whole jinchuriki sickness thing is complete bs. Made up just for a plot point and that's it.

        Loading editor
    • To be fair isn't everything in the Naruto story kind of made up for a plot point technically speaking.

        Loading editor
    • @Flatzone Funny how you call me wrong yet provide no proof. The Genjutsu page says Genjutsu isn't real and shouldn't affect the body physically. I have plenty of evidence on my side. The fact that you said nothing else to prove your point yet called me wrong proves you're a fanboy. This place would be a lot better without people like you. You and your type are the reason why people say/think Itachi could solo Madara and anyone in the series. The only BS is the stuff coming out of your mouth and computer.

      @Starscream1998 Not necessarily. Filler content is there to buy time for episodes to be made most of the time, so while it may seem like its made for plot, if it doesn't drive the main story like like the manga (with the exception of Boruto the anime and the 2 canon movies), then its filler, designed to just "fill in".

        Loading editor
    • Well yes of course Filler content is the exception as it's y'know filler i.e. just there to fill time until the show can get back to the canon stuff.

        Loading editor
    • Calm down slim jim, there is no source and no proof for that statement and nothing to contradict the novels feat and you don't like that? boo hoo. Don't even try to say I'm one of those Itachitards either because I never made a post to insinuate that in the first place. It sounds to me like you just don't like Itachi lol

        Loading editor
    • Back on topic.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah Naruto having some sickness from that seems like it might be the novels way of trying to explain why his bad showings in the current anime and manga, one of those he is sick so he isn't at his best type of things.

        Loading editor
    • I suppose that would definitely be one way to explain his rustiness outside of it just being peace time.

        Loading editor
    • Would you argue that the late-game war arc Naruto was stronger than Adult Naruto?

        Loading editor
    • No not really. Adult Naruto is rusty and not in his prime but that's Adult Naruto's Prime not war arc Naruto's prime. Since the war and during The Last Naruto has been training not to mention has the complete Nine-Tails now as well as still having Six Paths Mode. Even whilst drained of chakra he and Sasuke were still able to go toe to toe with a transformed Momoshiki so there's just no way I can in good conscience say Adult Naruto < War Arc Naruto.

        Loading editor
    • I believe he was Halcyonite. He was fighting Kaguya and was doing ok all things considered and I think it was because he still had the half of chakra Hag lent him which is worth more than the whole 9 tails and any other excuse somebody could try and use, he expended Hags chakra when he fought Sasuke.

        Loading editor
    • Why does he still have Six Paths mode then if he expended all of Hagaromo's chakra?

        Loading editor
    • He is a re-incarnate, and getting some of Hag's chakra reacted with his own and helped him awaken SPSM and his very own Six Paths chakra(which by no means is the same quantity or strength as Hagoromo's because Madara with the rinnegan had awakened Six Paths chakra yet he wasn't anywhere near as strong as Hagoromo period) he like Sasuke was able to awaken their own Six Paths chakra that their own bodies generate, the chakra that Hagoromo gifted them can only be regenerated by him therefor they do not have his chakra anymore after VOTE2. This is why I think they were so OP in the 4th War, with Sasuke needing to steal all 9 tailed beasts chakra to fight SPSM Kurama Cloak Naruto in an even battle.

        Loading editor
    • So Naruto and Sasuke are somehow weaker after the war even though they both go on to fight an opponent stronger than Kaguya in Momoshiki whilst being chakra drained?

        Loading editor
    • Momoshiki was never stronger than Kaguya, even after absorbing Kinshiki. Kaguya feared the entire clan coming after her, not Momoshiki and Kinshiki alone. Only Isshiki may be as strong or stronger than her.

        Loading editor
    • So then why is Sasuke talking about Momoshiki and Kinishiki like they're the threats Kaguya built her army to face when he talks to the 5 kage then?

        Loading editor
    • Sasuke was under the assumption with assumption being the key word, he ends up wrong when we find out about Urashiki and later Isshiki and the fact that all Clan members run in two's. She knew they would all come for her and she was correct. She believed herself along with some fodder(white zetsu army) could defeat them. Otherwise she would have tried to get some more allies against them(her own sons for example).

        Loading editor
    • FlatZone wrote: Otherwise she would have tried to get some more allies against them(her own sons for example).

      But instead she fused with the God Tree, turned into a giant monster, and tried to kill them.

        Loading editor
    • FlatZone wrote: Sasuke was under the assumption with assumption being the key word, he ends up wrong when we find out about Urashiki and later Isshiki and the fact that all Clan members run in two's. She knew they would all come for her and she was correct. She believed herself along with some fodder(white zetsu army) could defeat them. Otherwise she would have tried to get some more allies against them(her own sons for example).

      Fairly sure her merging with the God Tree and becoming the Ten-Tails was to reclaim her chakra from them meaning she wasn't thinking about strategy at all and probably would've never used her sons as allies regardless. Plus fodder or not she still made an army to combat the trio that came to earth meaning she wasn't confident in her own power. Not to mention Sasuke has been doing some investigation travelling to Kaguya's dimension so to call what he says an unfounded assumption is a bit iffy. I mean if you really want to say Kaguya's stronger and Naruto and Sasuke are weaker post war by all means go for it but I'm not sure I'm sold on that.

        Loading editor
    • Kaguya started with a strategy but went crazy from all the power. You can't really take any of her actions as rational, thought through decisions. Even if her concerns stemmed from specific members of her clan, her assessment of their abilities probably wasn't accurate.

      It's worth noting that the Kaguya fought at the end of the series was still lacking half of Kurama's chakra.

        Loading editor
    • True but would adding the other half really have made her that stronger especially since she got an amp anyway from all the chakra she later absorbed from those stuck in the God Tree during the fight.

        Loading editor
    • Hard to say. In Kurama mode Naruto was able to match five other Tailed Beasts with only half of Kurama inside him. At least in overall power I imagine that missing half would be somewhat noticeable. It's also hard to say how much chakra she really absorbed from everyone else. Apparently not enough to kill them, or to stop Darui from (briefly) using the Treasured Tools to release Samui and Atsui.

        Loading editor
    • True

        Loading editor
    • There's no doubt Kaguya is stronger than the other Otsutsuki shown so far, only Isshiki may be as strong or stronger.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty sure there's plenty doubt but whatever suits you.

        Loading editor
    • Momoshiki needed to absorb Kinshiki just to stand an actual chance against Naruto and Sasuke, while Kaguya fought them both plus DMS Kakashi and even then they got lucky and were barely able to seal her thanks to Sakura's random punch. While Boruto with the help from his weakened Daddy was able to kill Momoshiki with a giant Rasengan. I'm pretty damn sure Kaguya wasn't worried about Momo and Kin alone, she knew about Isshiki and Urashiki and the rest of the clan that we haven't seen yet either. I have zero doubts. If you do that's your problem, not mine.

        Loading editor
    • Starscream1998
      Starscream1998 removed this reply because:
      Rude
      02:31, November 21, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • FlatZone wrote: Momoshiki needed to absorb Kinshiki just to stand an actual chance against Naruto and Sasuke, while Kaguya fought them both plus DMS Kakashi and even then they got lucky and were barely able to seal her thanks to Sakura's random punch. While Boruto with the help from his weakened Daddy was able to kill Momoshiki with a giant Rasengan. I'm pretty damn sure Kaguya wasn't worried about Momo and Kin alone, she knew about Isshiki and Urashiki and the rest of the clan that we haven't seen yet either. I have zero doubts. If you do that's your problem, not mine.

      Momshiki was kicking Naruto through walls before absorbing Kinshiki, and his firepower was pretty impressive.

      Them being able to fight Momoshiki with Kinshiki absorbed while barely standing up to Kaguya could be a result of them getting stronger. Just a thought.

      Boruto was just a route for Naruto's power. Sasuke took out Momoshiki's ability to absorb Ninjutsu, so Naruto's Rasengan could take him out.

      You having zero doubts about something that isn't actually stated in the series doesn't confirm your theory as fact. You can believe what you want, but it's not like any other theory that doesn't have explicit evidence isn't just as viable.

        Loading editor
    • Actually no upon reflection my comment was rude and childish. I apologise for that.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.