FANDOM


  • How would you rank the main 4 Uchiha's in terms of speed? (based on feats, statements obviously)

    • Any version of Madara except Juubi Jinchuriki
    • Any version of Obito except Juubi jinchuriki
    • Any version of Sasuke except Six paths enhancements
    • Any version of Itachi except Mastered Ultra Instincts

    IMO: Madara>>Itachi>>Sasuke>>Obito

      Loading editor
    • Sasuke and Itachi greater than obito?? That's debatable man. Obito was taking the piss out of Killer-b, 7th gate Gai, Kakashi and Biju mode Naruto. He's faster than anything Itachi has shown so far.

        Loading editor
    • Itachi was casually evading B as an Edo Tensei, he also was going hand in hand in taijutsu with NTCM Naruto. Madara before stealing the sage mode chakra was never known for any legitimate speed feats so I would say Madara is either 3rd or 4th in Speed, with Itachi at first place and Sasuke at second place.

        Loading editor
      • Well the reason i placed Madara first is because he managed to perform a near blitz on Naruto who had sage mode activated Then he managed to dodge tobirama when he got sage mode, and so on.
      • Obito couldn't even react to amaterasu, much less evade it lmao. All he did against Gai, Kakashi, Naruto and Bee was just spam Kamui and stretch his arms lol, he has near to no speed feats.
        Loading editor
    • Madara was using sage mode when he dodged Tobirama's FTG attempt

        Loading editor
    • FlatZone wrote: Itachi was casually evading B as an Edo Tensei, he also was going hand in hand in taijutsu with NTCM Naruto. Madara before stealing the sage mode chakra was never known for any legitimate speed feats so I would say Madara is either 3rd or 4th in Speed, with Itachi at first place and Sasuke at second place.

      Spamming kamui is obito's fighting style. KCM1 Naruto is slower than KCM2 Naruto, who Obito was casually swapping hands with. Obito was surprised by the implanted amaterasu in sasuke's eyes but was still able to evade it. It did zero damage to him.

        Loading editor
    • Obito used Kamui to avoid being hit vs KCM2 Naruto, that does not count as bodily speed. Obito was hit by Amaterasu too, he used Kamui on the flames to get rid of them.

        Loading editor
    • Obito is faster than Itachi by feats imo. He was combating 4 top tier Shinobi at the same time. If he were actually marginally slower then there wouldn't be any worry of him touching Naruto, especially in his full KM.

      Why is Itachi vs KCM here being used as a feat? Naruto was clearly only trying to converse whereas Itachi was being controlled to try to defeat Naruto.

      Itachi seems pretty clearly faster than Sasuke, so no argument there.

      Most of the feats we see with Madara are with SM, and OP doesn't bar SM, so I guess the feats still stand. Madara's feats with SM put him at the fastest too imo.

        Loading editor
    • FlatZone wrote: he used Kamui on the flames to get rid of them.

      Thought he used Izanagi, since whatevers stuck onto him goes with him in the dimension e.g his clothes, mask etc. So since amaterasu is stuck on his clothing, then that should go with him as well.


      Squinty97 wrote: Obito is faster than Itachi by feats imo. He was combating 4 top tier Shinobi at the same time. If he were actually marginally slower then there wouldn't be any worry of him touching Naruto, especially in his full KM.

      That doesn't make him as fast as the person he's fighting especially all he did was spam kamui the whole time. There is no speed feat there. He only goes in for the catch after kakashi and co lands their attacks, whilst keeping Kamui on while the team is attacking.

        Loading editor
    • Obito wasn't really doing anything impressive, he was phasing through everything including Bijuudama and rocks flying around. Same shit he always does.

        Loading editor
    • The point is, all the group had to worry about getting warped by Obito. Which shouldn't even be an issue if they're much faster. Kakashi has reason to worry because he's probably the slowest of the group, but the Sharingan helps.

      Bee has Tailed Beast power amping him

      Naruto with KCM is physically the fastest living being most likely at that point

      Guy is also no slouch in speed.

      And they all had to fight him simultaneously to still not land any real hits on him.

      In fact, Obito was able to sync his movements with Guy's well enough to catch Guy's nunchuks, which have to have been swung really fast.

      Obito using Kamui isn't a speed feat, but his use of counters is considering he can still keep pace and keep them on their toes, despite all of them having some notable feats in speed, especially Naruto.

      EDIT: Also @Jason, Obito used Kamui to avois Amaterasu's damage. Obito noted that if he hadn't kept his abilities hidden from Itachi, he might have died to Itachi's trap. Itachi obviously already knew about Izanagi, but what he didn't know about was Kamui's mechanics.

        Loading editor
    • So why would Itachi bother using Amaterasu when the guy has Izanagi? There has to be some other explanation there. Besides he was screaming in the darkness, but then returned with no damage to his clothing...Izanagi is the best bet here. Also would you mind explaining how he'd actually use kamui ,because like i said whatever's attached to him goes with him in the other dimension.

        Loading editor
    • @Jason

      For all Itachi knew, Obito had one eye. Whether he killed Obito or Obito goes blind from Izanagi, Itachi incapacitates him.

      He screamed because it hurt, but Kamui is a dimensional ability. He absorbed the flames before much damage was done, but heat from fire still hurts. Also, Amaterasu burns quite slowly so warping it in a panic would probably warp it before too much damage was done.

      Whatever's attached to him doesn't go into the next dimension. He can choose whatever he's touching to warp. Same reason he can warp people to Kamui without warping bits of himself there too. The fire was touching him so he warped it off him.

        Loading editor
    • Like Squinty said, Itachi probably thought "Madara" had one eye, as that's all he'd ever seen from him. Itachi didn't know about the stockpile of spare Sharingan, and probably believed that Madara survived his previous "death" by using Izanagi. As far as Itachi would have known, even if "Madara" used his remaining eye to escape the Amaterasu by casting Izanagi, he would have been left without his eyes, depriving him of his remaining Sharingan, and most importantly, his Mangekyo. Itachi's ultimate goal was to protect Sasuke and Konoha. Depriving Madara of his eyes would have gone a long way to achieving that.

        Loading editor
    • In every instance where Itachi uses amaterasu on chakra based substances it burns fast.

      • The toad stomach
      • Orochimaru's snake
      • The crow with shisui's eye
      • vs Sasuke's fire style

      When it appeared on Obito, with all that time Obito spent falling back, screaming etc his clothing would've at least been burnt....but there was not a scratch. You know what revives the user in an uninjured state? izanagi does.

        Loading editor
    • The toad itself is not a chakra based substance, neither was the crow. Itachi can control the flames to burn at a much faster and hotter rate than any other user has ever shown.. but thats only when Itachi is present. I doubt he can make the flames burn like that through the transcription seal.

        Loading editor
    • They possess chakra, they are. Itachi needing to be present to make the flames keep that burning speed can't be backed up by any showing....

        Loading editor
    • By that logic other Shinobi such as Kakashi is simply a chakra based substance

        Loading editor
    • they as in the crow and toad.

        Loading editor
    • Why are the crow and toad chakra based substances? They're animals that work with Shinobi. They're not born from a technique

        Loading editor
    • When i made the list I was referring to things that possess chakra in them, why is this an issue lol

        Loading editor
    • Are clothes chakra based substances?

        Loading editor
    • No, neither are feathers (crow)..but it still burned the shit outta the crow. You can't deny that it wasn't fast in those instances, i don't see why Obito's god tier, Hashirama cells enhanced clothing would be an exception. Unless, he kamui'ed to his wardrobe and grabbed a new set of jersey and came back. Izanagi makes more sense lol.

      Also relating to the post, this scene speaks of his speed...failing to dodge amaterasu even after seeing it being used before.

        Loading editor
    • He focused on the crow, but the flames themselves don't just burn fast.

      Nagato was burning from Amaterasu for an entire lengthy conversation about Shisui before he finally Shinra Tensei'd them off. And he hardly showed damage from it.

        Loading editor
    • The crow was gone in 3 panels. The toad stomach was gone in no time. No fast how? It did take Nagato to be completely burned out, but he still suffered damage (face, pants, robe, right arm) but doesn't mean all other showings would be deprecated. By the way why was Obito screaming? was the flame in contact with skin? or was it the heat? either ways damage would've been visible, there was none. Izanagi makes more sense.

        Loading editor
    • Obito has Hashirama's healing ability, so the damage would have been gone anyway. Obito warped the flames away and then healed.

      edit

      He did have a whole stock of sharingan at his secret lab which he can easily warp to and from.. maybe he did use izanagi. I just realized his clothes being untouched too

        Loading editor
    • Point.When the flames first launched, it appeared in a small portion, in just the next panel it expanded in no time, when Obito went in the darkness, it would expand even more, making it harder for him to even use Kamui on it, with the now assumed huge size, try turning your head to your shoulder and image using kamui on the hypothetical flames, your face would be caught ablaze as soon as you turn lol. His hair,clothing should've at least been burnt....but nothing. Izanagi makes more senseeeeeee

        Loading editor
    • Izanagi wouldn't restore his clothes though, Obito probably used Kamui. When Obito used Izanagi against Konan, his mask was still destroyed and his Akatsuki robe was still shredded. Same thing for Danzo.

        Loading editor
    • No it would. Read the first few pages in Sasuke vs Danzo, Danzo got crushed by susanoo, got his arm chopped off, got incinerated by amaterasu but still came back as he was before the fight. Obito was in a much dire situation. It brought Madara back to life, i think repairing clothing is no big deal

        Loading editor
    • Obito doesn't need to turn his head to use his Kamui.

      Warping himself takes more time than warping other things, so it doesn't make sense to think he went to his lab and back @Flatzone

      His clothes are black, how do you know they're not burned?

      Amaterasu burned Samurai slowly enough that Gaara could walk in and remove their armour from them.

      Izanagi is a no secret to Itachi. Obito only survived from keeping his technique secret from Itachi. So it must have been Kamui.

        Loading editor
    • He needs to at least be facing in the direction of the attack, which is impossible here.

      His clothes possess another color in the colored manga and anime. And i'm pretty sure we would be able to differentiate between his skin complexion and his clothing.

      Which is exactly why I bought up Itachi's amaterasu, which seemingly burns faster. You saying it couldn't leave even a speck on Obito's clothing is quite laughable.

      They slaughtered so many Uchiha's and none were mentioned to resort to Izanagi, Sasuke didn't resort to it when he got stabbed by Madara. Maybe Itachi thought that is what would happen. Except Obito freely could, with his sharingan stock, which is something he didn't know about.

        Loading editor
    • They slaughtered so many Uchiha's and none were mentioned to resort to Izanagi, Sasuke didn't resort to it when he got stabbed by Madara. Maybe Itachi thought that is what would happen. Except Obito freely could, with his sharingan stock, which is something he didn't know about.

      Izanagi is a forbidden technique that very few shinobi even among the uchiha possessed any knowledge about. According to Itachi himself, Izanami and Izanagi form a pair. So it's fairly obvious that he possesses knowledge about both the techniques. Itachi thought the masked man was Madara. How would he setup a fail-safe without knowing what his foe's abilities were?? Itachi either didn't know the full scope of Izanagi i.e, time delayed activation (knowing Itachi this is extremely unlikely) or he set a kill switch in his brother's eyes to counter Izanagi but failed anyway because he had no clue about Kamui. The latter seems like a more reasonable explanation to me.

        Loading editor
    • @Jason there's absolutely no indication that he needs to be facing what he's absorbing.

      What colour was he wearing in the anime? the coloured manga has been wrong before.

      I'm saying Obito as a Shinobi reacted fast enough to get it off him before it burned through. And Itachi's Amaterasu didn't burn fast when it couldn't even burn all the way through Nagato's skin when he hit him with it. It was burning for an entire exposition dump before Nagato pushed it off him. And Amaterasu in general couldn't burn through Samurai armour before Gaara waltzed up and casually just removed their armour.

      Izanagi is forbidden for a reason, and there's a reason Izanami was formed. Besides, it's a very high level tech. No saying whether the general clan could use it. Besides, Itachi and Obito sneck attacked most of the clan.

      Where exactly would Sasuke learn to use Izanagi? As far as we know he didn't know how to use Izanagi against Madara.

        Loading editor
    • Well he obviously can't be facing forward and absorb what's behind him. In almost all instances he use kamui he faces the direction the target is in.

      So what is your argument here really? i don't get it. His skin colour differs from that of his clothing, why won't we see it? he removed his mask and we saw his face ,there.

      It burned nagato's clothing and 1/4 of his arm as i've said. Iron>>Clothing. Show me instances where it failed to burn through clothing under 10 sec.

      Point.

      Where exactly would kakashi learn to use perfect susanoo? and obito's version of Kamui...it's like he's aware of the abilities of his eyes. Anyways, sasuke was obviously needed to be down for plot reasons, ignore this.

        Loading editor
    • Sasuke does not know Izanagi or Izanami, nowhere is it supported, shown, or stated. He knows OF them and that's different.

        Loading editor
    • I think we could argue about this for awhile, and I do think you have good arguments. I don't think Obito used Izanagi, but I see the case for it.

      However, this is a tangent that is going a little off topic lol

        Loading editor
    • Your argument is he used kamui on a flame without even turning in the direction of the flame, when turning in the direction is impossible also.

      Amaterasu just failed to leave a scratch on his clothing, when it's shown to burn clothing fast in every showing. AT LEAST a LITTLE scratch would've gave you the win, but there is none. lmao.

      I have izanagi as a solution to both of the things your argument loses in.

        Loading editor
    • @Jason,

      He doesn't need to face anything he absorbs, it's strictly whatever he touches. If he needed to use Kamui, he'd tilt his head to Minato's hand to absorb him. Or any branch ability like intangibility would fail if he wasn't facing the attack. In any case, you have no proof at all that he needs to face what he's absorbing. The only prerequisite mentioned is he has to touch whatever he absorbs.

      No, it's not shown to burn through clothing fast in every showing. Samurais were intact from armour, and not even all of Nagato's clothes burned off when he was stuck burning for an exposition dump.

      Again, tangent is off topic. Move on or make another thread to debate this.

        Loading editor
    • They need to be in his Field of vision for his absorption along with physical contact, its the whole reason he was trying so hard to get ahold of Naruto earlier in the 4th War.

      But yeah speedwise Itachi did the most between them all, the way he was able to blitz Sasuke in their last battle or the fact he was 95% of the time going toe to toe in taijutsu with Sage Mode Kabuto except for the moments where Kabuto did a surprise attack like when he launched out of the snake and cut Itachi in half. Itachi's handspeed doesn't even need to be talked about, it's unprecedented as is. I say Itachi then Sasuke or Obito, then Madara. If we add Shisui to this then he still has the edge in overall speed compared to Itachi.

        Loading editor
    • @Flatzone,

      Again nowhere was it stated they even needed to be in his field of vision, he just had to get a hold of hit target.

      Itachi is definitely faster than Sasuke, agreed.

      Itachi was able to go against Sage Kabuto because he was an Edo who didn't have to worry about injuries. He was hit several times iirc.

      Obito was able to fight KCM Naruto, Killer Bee (who trounced Sasuke with MS), Gated Guy, and Kakashi who had the only jutsu who could hope to defeat him. All at the same time.

        Loading editor
    • Again Itachi got hit only a few times, yet he was tying Sage Kabuto in speed and taijutsu for the most part. Obito was timing his Kamui intangibility as he always does and that is nothing impressive no matter who he is fighting. I just went back and watched and then read the entire fight. Obito did nothing new nor impressive considering Kamui's abilities and uses.

        Loading editor
    • @Squinty97.then give us a showing of Obito taking something into his dimension whilst facing in any direction/ opposite direction except the one the target is in.

      Give anybody Kamui and they can do the same as Obito did against, naruto, kakashi, gai which is to just spam it lmao. No speed feat, spam feat, yes.

        Loading editor
    • Squinty97 wrote: Again, tangent is off topic. Move on or make another thread to debate this.

        Loading editor
    • the ability to activate a jutsu is in itself a speed feat. if someone for example was standing still and a light speed attack was activated and the shinobi activated a technique to turn there entire body into unbreakable rock before the light speed attack hit them than that would in itself be a speed feat. its an application of reaction speed. Obito's ability to activate Kamui is unmatched by any of the people in this question. he was able to fight on par with Minato when he was a teenager. it doesn't matter if any of them can run faster than him, punch faster than him, kick faster than him etc etc. all that matters is that the activation of his Kamui is incredibly fast.

      on a side note: if he were to get surprised and someone hit him with amaterasu he wouldn't need to absorb it. he would just need to phase right through it. his screaming and yelling was just an act

        Loading editor
    • Actionmanrandell wrote: the ability to activate a jutsu is in itself a speed feat. if someone for example was standing still and a light speed attack was activated and the shinobi activated a technique to turn there entire body into unbreakable rock before the light speed attack hit them than that would in itself be a speed feat. its an application of reaction speed.

      We're talking about travel speed feat.

      Obito's ability to activate Kamui is unmatched by any of the people in this question. he was able to fight on par with Minato when he was a teenager. it doesn't matter if any of them can run faster than him, punch faster than him, kick faster than him etc etc. all that matters is that the activation of his Kamui is incredibly fast.

      That's because no one in question has kamui but only Obito...every character has reaction speed feat in the list. But like i said, it's travel speed feats we want.

      • Madara reacting to Ay.
      • Sasuke reacting to juubi obito, and one of his atks/and Ay.
      • Itachi reacting to a mach 200 atk, lightning.


      on a side note: if he were to get surprised and someone hit him with amaterasu he wouldn't need to absorb it. he would just need to phase right through it. his screaming and yelling was just an act

      He had to react to the attack then phase through, he failed to do that. Where was it ever hinted that the screaming was an act? why would he even need to act?

        Loading editor
    • Jason of the Mangekyou wrote:

      Actionmanrandell wrote: the ability to activate a jutsu is in itself a speed feat. if someone for example was standing still and a light speed attack was activated and the shinobi activated a technique to turn there entire body into unbreakable rock before the light speed attack hit them than that would in itself be a speed feat. its an application of reaction speed.

      We're talking about travel speed feat.

      Obito's ability to activate Kamui is unmatched by any of the people in this question. he was able to fight on par with Minato when he was a teenager. it doesn't matter if any of them can run faster than him, punch faster than him, kick faster than him etc etc. all that matters is that the activation of his Kamui is incredibly fast.

      That's because no one in question has kamui but only Obito...every character has reaction speed feat in the list. But like i said, it's travel speed feats we want.

      • Madara reacting to Ay.
      • Sasuke reacting to juubi obito, and one of his atks/and Ay.
      • Itachi reacting to a mach 200 atk, lightning.


      on a side note: if he were to get surprised and someone hit him with amaterasu he wouldn't need to absorb it. he would just need to phase right through it. his screaming and yelling was just an act

      He had to react to the attack then phase through, he failed to do that. Where was it ever hinted that the screaming was an act? why would he even need to act?

      the ability to teleport is the ability to travel that is travel speed. the databook implies he survived the amaterasu because of his ability to slip through things

        Loading editor
    • No. Travel speed is simply the speed at which a character or object can move by running. Teleportation is not considered as speed. If you were to measure teleportation in a unit of speed then it would be infinite as you're arriving at that point in 0 seconds. The other character's speed can be calculated, for example: Itachi saw lighting coming down and reacted in time to shield with susanoo, that put his reaction at speeds x times faster than sound, because lightning is calculated to be around that speed area.. Try to calculate the speed of minato teleporting lol.

      You misunderstood what the DB meant, and that does not explain how his screaming and yelling was just an act...

        Loading editor
    • The english DB3 that was released implies Kamui, the english translations fromm the japanese book done by OrganicDinosaur and a few other translators don't make any specific implication like that though.

        Loading editor
    • Jason of the Mangekyou wrote: No. Travel speed is simply the speed at which a character or object can move by running. Teleportation is not considered as speed. If you were to measure teleportation in a unit of speed then it would be infinite as you're arriving at that point in 0 seconds. The other character's speed can be calculated, for example: Itachi saw lighting coming down and reacted in time to shield with susanoo, that put his reaction at speeds x times faster than sound, because lightning is calculated to be around that speed area.. Try to calculate the speed of minato teleporting lol.

      You misunderstood what the DB meant, and that does not explain how his screaming and yelling was just an act...

      teleportation is in fact quantifiable. scientists calculated the speed of quantum entanglement(teleportation/instant transmission) and calculated it at about 10,000 times the speed of light travel is defined as to make a journey, typically of some length or abroad. it doesn't matter if you do so by going in a straight line, curved line or teleportation. its still traveling from point A to B

        Loading editor
    • Squinty97 wrote:

      Squinty97 wrote: Again, tangent is off topic. Move on or make another thread to debate this.

      >_>

        Loading editor
    • well

        Loading editor
    • My opinion is that Obito was screaming for real. There was no reason for him to put up an act. Amaterasu in itself is a dangerous technique. It was quite obvious that Obito actually felt the pain of Amaterasu, before he used Izanagi to save himself ( With the hidden left eye he always keeps in case of a sudden emergency situation, like the one with Konan )

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, one last time, move past this Obito getting hit with Amaterasu bit, it's not super usable as a feat in travel speed which is the OP's intention with the thread and Obito has already reacted to/phased through faster things than Amaterasu

        Loading editor
    • Obito was so fast with Kamui that during the Five Kage Summit, he entered the Dust Release cube Sasuke was in and warped him and Sasuke away before it exploded. That's easily one fo his best speed feats, especially considering the cube was already glowing and the next instance after that was obliteration.

      Also, concerning the whole Amaterasu argument. If Obito can warp away objects he comes into contact with, what makes people think he can't warp away flames in contact with his body? He also has the Regeneration Ability, so that would explain why there was no burns left on him.

        Loading editor
    • I agree @Princeharris but again, whether he used Kamui or Izanagi for Amaterasu, neither are a speed feat for him. So it's kind of useless in this debate.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.