We do hope that you will stay for a long time. Enjoy your stay as we work to become the best Naruto info site out there. BELIEVE IT!
If you're looking for something to do why not look over the Forums or more specifically Narutopedia Collaboration for a list of projects we're working on. And the Community portal has a lot of recent discussions and places to go listed on it.
- Here are several other pages that can help you with where to begin-
- Wiki Activity – A great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help out.
- Help Pages - If you're new to editing or having trouble getting something to work, the help pages are a great place to start.
- Forums - The forums are used for a number of things, from proposing policy changes to general wiki discussions. Please use Naruto Answers for asking general questions.
- Administrators - A list of Narutopedia's administrators. If you need additional assistance or are having troubles, feel free to contact an administrator with the details.
- Special:Upload - A page that provides you a form for uploading images easily.
Always sign in before you edit – This is so that we can recognize you!
Always sign your posts - When leaving a message on someone's talk page, remember to sign it by clicking either the 'signature' button or by typing four tildes (
~~~~). This is so the person knows who to reply to.
There's a lot to do around here, so we hope you'll stay with us and make many more contributions. And again, welcome to Narutopedia. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! -- Omnibender (talk) 04:58, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
I just want to give my thanks for your edits through the Naruto episodes which have a very brief summary. Your edits are appreciated and sorely needed to clean up the Wikipedia tags on many pages. So, keep on doing those edits as they're benefiting the wiki as a whole. :) --Sajuuk 09:13, July 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Seconded. Thanks a lot. :) • Seelentau 愛 議 11:23, July 21, 2016 (UTC)
Please be a bit more consistent with your edits. In some of your edits to older episode summaries, you're using different terminologies. For example, in Showdown: Gaara vs. Kimimaro, in one sentence you'll use Kirigakure, which is how villages are described through the wiki, and the next sentence, you'll call it Hidden Mist Village, or just Mist. Please be mindful of how terms are translated through the wiki. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:18, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
- I only did that on one page, not multiple. So it was on edit, not edit(s) plural. And I did call it Kirigakure, but I wasn't sure if they went by Kiri as a short form, so I referred to as "the Hidden Mist Village" (describing Kirigakure). Murali9395 (talk) 16:28, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
Please avoid the use of time-dependant words. Words such as "currently" or "x years ago" should be avoided. Try favouring just the use of present tense and words things like "x years prior". Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:11, September 16, 2016 (UTC)
Hi. It's great that you're going and rewriting older episode articles, there's just one thing I'd like you to keep in mind. Please don't go overboard with details and descriptions. Articles like episode and chapters are supposed to be summaries, not play-by-plays. I haven't watched these older episodes in ages, so it's totally possible the articles were simply too trimmed down already, making this a redundant request, but the large change in content size caught my eye. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:51, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
- I've been watching the edits and they're fine. A heck of a lot of the episode articles being edited contained just a few lines and were way too brief, skipping over far too many details, or even being outright wrong (given they were just copied from Wikipedia). Sure some of them may be too long, but I'd rather prefer lengthier sections if it helps to get rid of the wikipedia tag on the wiki. --Sajuuk 18:53, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
I don't watch the dub, so I can't say anything for any translation done there, the most I know about Viz's translations is from crunchyroll subtitles. About FTG/BFT confusion, there have been instances even in the manga where Flying Thunder God was called Body Flicker Technique, both by characters who are unaware they're two different jutsu that work in different ways (for example, Rin in Kakashi Gaiden) and by characters who are very much aware how the jutsu works (like Tobirama during the Fourth Shinobi World War). Teleportation Jutsu is the translation Viz uses for the Body Flicker Technique. The series has made a point that BFT is just high speed movement, whereas FTG is actual space-time ninjutsu, so Viz's use of teleportation is a bit counter intuitive when paired with in-series explanation of the difference. So, whenever the term "Teleportation Jutsu" is used for FTG, it's actually a consistent use of a translation for another jutsu, that other jutsu being one that is an incorrect description of what FTG actually is. Hope this made sense. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:25, September 16, 2016 (UTC)
Hi there! Really appreciate your edits to expand the episode summaries. I was wondering if you could do the same for all the anime filler episodes from Part 1? We have a number of articles on the wiki for those fillers that still contain a wikipedia tag and need to be updated so that the tag may be removed. Cheers! :) --Sajuuk 14:24, September 22, 2016 (UTC)
- That's no problem at all. Just update them whenever you can (you may find that as you get towards more recent episodes that they don't need to be expanded too much, if at all). The goal from all of this is to remove the unneeded wikipedia notice templates entirely from the wiki so that the wiki stands on its own without using content from there. :) --Sajuuk 14:49, September 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh and that reminds me as well: I've noticed the posts you've made on some episode talkpages, I will be able to clarify the existing episode titles in the next week or so, when I'll be able to unbox all my Naruto DVD's. I haven't commented on them yet since I need to check what the DVD's are using to see if the episode pages are using DVD titles or not. :) --Sajuuk 14:51, September 22, 2016 (UTC)
RE: The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki
Figured you were planning on changing it, so i thought i would save you some time looking. Also thanks for cleaning up the episode articles. It's a big help :) --Sarutobii2 (talk) 14:54, September 22, 2016 (UTC)