We do hope that you will stay for a long time. Enjoy your stay as we work to become the best Naruto info site out there. BELIEVE IT!
If you're looking for something to do why not look over the Forums or more specifically Narutopedia Collaboration for a list of projects we're working on. And the Community portal has a lot of recent discussions and places to go listed on it.
- Here are several other pages that can help you with where to begin-
- Wiki Activity – A great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help out.
- Help Pages - If you're new to editing or having trouble getting something to work, the help pages are a great place to start.
- Forums - The forums are used for a number of things, from proposing policy changes to general wiki discussions. Please use Naruto Answers for asking general questions.
- Administrators - A list of Narutopedia's administrators. If you need additional assistance or are having troubles, feel free to contact an administrator with the details.
- Special:Upload - A page that provides you a form for uploading images easily.
Always sign in before you edit – This is so that we can recognize you!
Always sign your posts - When leaving a message on someone's talk page, remember to sign it by clicking either the 'signature' button or by typing four tildes (
~~~~). This is so the person knows who to reply to.
There's a lot to do around here, so we hope you'll stay with us and make many more contributions. And again, welcome to Narutopedia. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! -- Seelentau (talk) 14:32, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
Hey. You don't have to add the possible name meanings to character articles if there's no clear indicator what the author wanted to convey with the name. For example, Dan's name can have many more meanings than you listed, listing them all would be too much. In these cases, it's better just to leave it aside. • Seelentau 愛 議 17:06, May 27, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, Adding etymology is cool and all, and is definitely trivia worth knowing, but instead of creating redundancy isn't it better to leave things like clan names on the clan pages? That's why the clan pages exist, to hold info that's general to everyone in the clan instead of writing them over and over in each individual page, especially with clans that have a lot of members. If someone is looking for the etymology of Senju, or Uchiha, or Inuzuka, or any other clan, they can look it up on the clan page. :) Chaosattractor (talk) 23:53, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
- ^ you should really be reading the messages posted to your talkpage. --Sajuuk [Mod] talk | contribs | Channel 09:05, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
- You should try to gather a consensus on the matter via a talkpage, or on the forums. That way, you don't get into trouble by getting blocked by a sysop. --Sajuuk [Mod] talk | contribs | Channel 10:46, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Etymology - Possible name meanings?
If a character's name is written in Kanji, the meaning of those shall be put in the Trivia, obviously. If the name is written in Kana, it depends. With names like Iruka Umino and Kakashi Hatake, it's pretty obvious where they come from. Others like Rin Nohara, it isn't that obvious, since just because a Kanji can be read as rin (for example), it doesn't mean that it makes sense. I could list you 68 different Kanji that can be read as rin in one way or another, putting them all in the Trivia just because her name could possibly come from them is ridiculous. So if you see such a name, only add a meaning if it makes sense. Fū's name, for example, could come from wind, since she's the jinchūriki of a flying bijū. Tenten's name most likely comes from Chinese, so that's a unique matter. • Seelentau 愛 議 14:59, May 29, 2015 (UTC)