If you're here to ask about wiki affiliation, please make your request at Board:Consensus Track.
Full song lyrics
Is there a reason we have the full song lyrics for the openings, endings etc on the wiki? The OPs, EDs etc use shortened versions, so why do we additionally list the full versions? • Seelentau 愛 議 19:20, December 7, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's the same for me, but I never got the reasoning behind it. We have an OP and list the lyrics, that's reasonable. But why also list lyrics that aren't in the OP and don't have any relation to it (or the anime)? It doesn't make any sense to me, tbh. • Seelentau 愛 議 21:20, December 7, 2018 (UTC)
Yugito Nii and Laura Bailey
Hello. Laura Bailey is the credited voice actress for Yugito in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Can this be updated? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymmk95lqmAs&t=69s (at around 1:09). - HymnMan60 (talk) 00:10, December 13, 2018 (UTC)
Mahiru and Yuri Lowenthal
Hello. Yuri Lowenthal is the credited voice actress for Mahiru in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Can this be updated? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymmk95lqmAs&t=64s (at around 1:04). - HymnMan60 (talk) 01:56, December 31, 2018 (UTC)
I have a question about Mizuki
Petal Diversion: Chakra Rope
Hi, not sure if this is the most official source, but I think I've found the name for this technique. From this website, http://gamekube.html.xdomain.jp/gekinin/gekininsp/ino.html#ougi, we can see that 花天月地 is listed for the ultimate technique. Since Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 was never released in Japan, there would be no information for this technique in Japanese but it was recycled in Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special. From what I can read, the source mostly talks about how it can be incorporated into a combo before activating it but I did notice that the same name is used for both variations. The only difference that the speech changes and Petal Diversion: Chakra Rope does more damage than Petal Diversion: Flower Fireworks.
Her alternative ultimate techniques which have less chakra consumption are also listed. Even if you do end up deciding this is not an official source, neither 羞月閉花 nor 心錯身 have articles yet. There are small descriptions of the appearance of each so you can match it up with this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afoQkuJnavU
Another question I have is whether Chakra Hair Trap Technique is the same as Secret Technique Stone Needles. Yes, Ino did not throw kunai when initiating this technique but she does use chakra as the paralysing agent. The medium she used was just hair rather than metal wires. 石針 might reference the kunai used though.
Can I ask you about something? Namely, was Mizuki ever truly friendly and polite towards anyone? Did he always hate Iruka? Did he really love Tsubaki or simply pretended to love her? Was he ever genuinely friendly and polite to anyone? I am asking out of curiosity.Kintobor (talk) 19:53, January 9, 2019 (UTC)Kintobor
Thanks for all the correction and fixes you've made in the articles and images I've added/edited. I didn't notice I left something out/typed something wrong. Again, thanks.
Izuna's jutsu in game
Potential Infobox Helping
Hey, Omnibender bro! My name is Sigma, I'm the current owner of the Naruto Universe Fanon! I've been looking around the wikia and notice you guys use some rather nice and unique infoboxes for your characters! I was looking into to possibly getting these to work on my wikia that I link above, but for some reason I keep running into script errors. Is there anyway you could help me with getting these over on my wikia? Or heck, even anyone else on the wikia that's prone to these types of things?
The link has a picture that says that's Boruto's birthday is March 27. []
Found another link that substitute for information on the Naruto franchise; such as games and the Boruto manga.
The link is right here. []
--Amani Martinez 04:07, January 26, 2019 (UTC)
Shadow Clone Page
Why'd you reverse the edit on the Shadow Clone article! What I was saying is that chapter 329 shows that, because clones can enter tailed states too, that the technique does not split the Tailed Chakra of a Jinchuriki if they start in their base form. MindForged (talk) 01:06, February 1, 2019 (UTC)
- My edit didn't say that the technique didn't separate Naruto's chakra, but that it didn't separate Kurama's unless he was already using it when the jutsu was cast. If it did separate the Biju chakra evenly then no clone would have had enough to manifest the tails (Naruto says a few pages later that he's using 200 clones). I'm not sure I understand your path of least resistance point. If the original Naruto showed any signs of using its chakra then maybe it might make sense, but we see he isn't using it at all so surely it's not transferring through him to a clone. One of the clones outright says it's that particular clone using the beast chakra, not the original. Edit: In fact, later events in the series that it definitely doesn't do this. When Gyuki is explaining the issue with using shadow clones in his initial Kyubi Chakra Mode, he shows one Kurama drawing chakra from many Narutos, indicating the split is only applied to the user, not the Tailed Beast MindForged (talk) 01:50, February 2, 2019 (UTC)
- Kin and Gin had enough chakra to manifest the tails though, this is stated by Darui when the undergo the transformation ("He's exactly like the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki!") . My point about the tails is that if Kurama has it's chakra split into two-years thanks, no clone has enough chakra to manifest them. You say there's no evidence to show tail manifestation scales with chakra but there absolutely is. When Yamato's seal shows 8 tails were released, he says that means Kurama was about to be released, meaning 8 tails is almost all of Kurama's chakra. That's a scale, more tails means chakra. Also I don't know where you're getting the descendant clone thing either. Clones use their own chakra for techniques, they don't draw on the originals. That's why you can have clones run out of chakra and disperse that way, even when the original is unaffected. The Naruto that initially fought Madara ran out of chakra and dispersed, with no indication that it's own chakra use prior was affecting the original.
Go back and look at Gyuki's explanation. The diagram shows Naruto and his clones having their chakra drawn on by one single Kurama that they're all linked to, not individual Kurama's for each clone. There's no evidence to suggest the Biju is separated into each clone as opposed to merely being linked to all of them. MindForged (talk) 01:16, February 3, 2019 (UTC)
Naruto Shindin Family Day Characters novel
I got no respond from posting it in Ino Yamanaka Talk page, And it is my humble request for you to personally add Purple Bush Clover to her nick names in infobox. Before inoichi's death, Inoichi clearly mentioned Ino is now the one who embodies the TITLE of The Purple BushClover of The Yamanaka Crest, so please add Purple BushClover to her other names / Nicknames of her Infobox alongisde Ino-Pig and Mrs. beauty, Because she has been clearly called by that name/title. It is just like Byakugan Princess and Slug Princess. So please do it asap.
The addition that needs to be brought:
• Purple Bush Clover(パープルブッシュクローバー, Pāpurubusshukurō) Reference/Source: Naruto Episode 365.
HEY! Shouldnt "Doctor" be listed as an occupation of Ino Yamanaka???? In Sakura hiden Novel it mentions several times she is a doctor, She also went Sunagakure as one of the represantative doctor from Konoha Hospital!! Also Ino and Sakura both opened A clinic too where they works together!!! And from Boruto chapter 72 It says Ino treated them at medical department before she probed into their mind - So please dont try to take away doctor from her occupation list. Sakura hiden novel is more than enough evidence for this!!!!! also, why dont you guys list "Head of the clan" as an occupation? it is an occupation too, both Hinata and Ino are heads of their clans so please add it as their occupation too!!! Jigenkarma (talk) 22:35, February 11, 2019 (UTC)
Outdated Info on Oro
Hi there, I hope you're the right person to ask, or able to point me in the right direction. But I spotted outdated information on Orochimaru's page. The page states the character is "male" when the show has progressed and the character is now stated as "non-binary" or "other". I just feel it is quite a defining feature of Oro, and the entire way through Boruto, we see resistance to give an answer, until Mitsuki earns the answer: "at times I have been a man, at times a woman, and others something not of this world." So I thought it would be really great to bring that to Oro's bio page. Thanks so much! Serendipity18 (talk) 14:14, February 12, 2019 (UTC)
Why would you edit my edit when for a matter of fact I wrote facts based on manga panels? It was obvious Naruto wasn't unconscious and was waiting for Sasuke to wake up and beat him up to his senses, why is this wikia fandom page is biased towards Sasuke? —This unsigned comment was made by Ashton.landers (talk • contribs) .
Dao re: and Kui
The translation I read only gives the Japanese for their team name, Daorekūi. Since that's a combination of their names, I used the same kanji. Probably that's just a pun and the katakana from the credits is the correct way to spell their first names. As for the last name, I don't have an explanation. Kiyoitsukikage's translation gives no indication of them having last names, but that seems like a weird thing for the anime to invent. ~SnapperTo 00:41, February 19, 2019 (UTC)
Hanzo's jutsu from Blazing
I wonder if anyone can put a list of Boruto chapters that aren’t in Tankōban format yet in List of Volumes page because I want to do it but it is protected against editing. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 18:22, March 4, 2019 (UTC))
i have a question about talk pages. recently someone removed the messages i received with the other editor (https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/User_talk:Kunoichi101?diff=1325221&oldid=1323017) and i gave that person who's responsible for removing the messages a warning but right now i gave him the third warning when i made a blocking request. i even made a reason why i requested for the block. is removing the messages from a talk page is illegal or not? Kunoichi101 (talk) 04:15, March 15, 2019 (UTC)
- in addition to my question, someone claims they have the right to remove the messages on their talk pages but to me i doubt that that's legal. if you please see this https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Emen383 link, this user is also blocked for infinite and have a nerve to remove my messages and is making an appeal about the block. Kunoichi101 (talk) 01:25, March 16, 2019 (UTC)
Question about "Dattebayo"'s translation
Many say that Naruto Uzumaki's sentence ending tic "Dattebayo" has no translation. But although it'd be unnecessary or annoying to put in dub or subs, I think it does have a translation. After putting phrases and using my knowledge of Japanese grammar, I have it. Let me explain to make it clear.
Dattebayo has 4 separate forms:
1. "Datte" has many, many meanings and is used a conjunction or particle. However, in Naruto, I mostly hear "Datte" being used in translation to "After all", "but", or "even". So basically none of these will be what you're looking for. So instead, let's split up "Datte" into "Da tte". "Da" is used as a verb and means "is". (eg. その女の名は？/Sono onna no na wa? / What's that girl's name? || ジナだ。/ Jina da / It's Gina.)
2. "Tte" means a lot of stuff and can be used in many, many ways. It'd take me a long time to explain how "Tte" is used, but in this case, I believe that "Tte" will be used as a polite imperative form to what did, will, or is going to happen.
3. "-ba" is conditional form in Japanese. If you learned grammar in school, you should know what conditional form is. To remind you just in case, here is an example (だってば、戦わなければなりません / Datteba, tatakawanakereba narimasen / If this is how it's gonna be, I have to fight.)
4. "Yo" is a sentence ending particle with no translation. "Yo" is put at the end of a sentence when you're trying to get a person to your attention firmly, given that Naruto is has an interface that is a little bit arrogant when speaking his Japanese.
So with all this info, I've made it quite clear that the translation to "Dattebayo" could be "[something...] ...if that's how it's gonna be!", given that Naruto ends his sentence with "yo".
Now... about Kushina's "Dattebane", "ne" is just like "yo", a sentence ending particle, but has a different purpose. "Ne" is mostly used to persuade the person you're talking to into agreeing with what you were previously saying, or anything. When she was a kid, she was highly molested and opposed by many people, so when dragged into speech, it makes sense that she tries to keep it cool with the ones she was talking, though I have no idea why she kept saying it even as an adult. So I think the translation to this is, "[if it's so...] ...then... [...something...], ...don't you think?"
For Boruto's "Dattebasa"... it may translate to just the same as Naruto's, but with a little more of "oomph" to it. "Sa" is used at the end of a sentence to give assertion to what you're saying. (eg. 理想ために戦いようと征服してさ / Risou tame ni tatakaiyou to seifuku shite sa / Let's fight for our ideals, and conquer!) So the literal translation could be "[something said with more arrogance..] ...if that's how it's gonna be!"
These are simply literal translations used with what I know. If I'm wrong, if it's been deemed official that it doesn't have a translation, or if this tic wasn't designed to be translated, explain please. RandomAir BGM (talk) 20:45, March 18, 2019 (UTC)