We do hope that you will stay for a long time. Enjoy your stay as we work to become the best Naruto info site out there. BELIEVE IT!
If you're looking for something to do why not look over the Forums or more specifically Narutopedia Collaboration for a list of projects we're working on. And the Community portal has a lot of recent discussions and places to go listed on it.
- Here are several other pages that can help you with where to begin-
- Wiki Activity – A great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help out.
- Help Pages - If you're new to editing or having trouble getting something to work, the help pages are a great place to start.
- Forums - The forums are used for a number of things, from proposing policy changes to general wiki discussions. Please use Naruto Answers for asking general questions.
- Administrators - A list of Narutopedia's administrators. If you need additional assistance or are having troubles, feel free to contact an administrator with the details.
- Special:Upload - A page that provides you a form for uploading images easily.
Always sign in before you edit – This is so that we can recognize you!
Always sign your posts - When leaving a message on someone's talk page, remember to sign it by clicking either the 'signature' button or by typing four tildes (
~~~~). This is so the person knows who to reply to.
There's a lot to do around here, so we hope you'll stay with us and make many more contributions. And again, welcome to Narutopedia. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! -- Dantman (talk) 21:50, February 21, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Kagura - Revolution 2
That page does not appear to be protected, you don't need my assistance to edit it. If you are unsure about the edit you can discuss the change with other users on the talkpage. ~ Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (Local Talk ⁝ Animanga Talk) 00:44, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
Please observe proper linking in articles. The links you're adding to game articles are pointlessly piped, full urls links, when wiki markup does the job just fine. Just look at how things are liked in other articles. It is also advisable to turn off the visual editor, since that tends to interfere with page formatting. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:20, March 16, 2019 (UTC)
- I'd like to draw your attention to this issue again. Also, please work on what you want to actually say. Your edits are unnecessarily wordy and convoluted. Beyond just making sense, keep in mind that that what we write in articles are summaries and synopses, not play-by-plays or transcripts. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:46, March 22, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry if I am disturbing, but I thought I could help by making articles more specific. It doesn't feel right to me to have a plot that is under-explained and insufficient to give the necessary information. That's why I add more words, to help specify the info given, and not just state it there like it's no big thing. I hope you understand. Is it OK or not? RandomAir BGM (talk) 02:17, March 23, 2019 (UTC)
- Details are fine, what you do is go into overly excessive minutia, which are unnecessary. Stuff like the glitches on games for example. What I mean by more words is that you tend to use lots of words to say something when fewer words do just the same, you need to be more concise. Page size would get away if we wrote everything like you do. For example, when I write a chapter or episode article, I don't transcribe entire conversations like "character A says X and characters B says Y", I just add "characters A and B discuss topic Z" and their conclusions, no need for the entire roundabout. There needs to be a balance between being informative and being practical. Your edits also tend to have a rather informal tone. For example, in game articles, you tend to add "you" a lot when referring to the player, you should use "the player" instead. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:21, March 23, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Question about "Dattebayo"'s translation
What I know of it not having a literal translation comes from seeing several trustworthy translators saying it is so over the years, such as OrganicDinosaur, ShounenSuki, and most recently Seelentau. Seelentau is an editor here, and has corresponded with OD. Thus, I highly doubt Dattebayo has any meaning or translation if talks in translator circles haven't given any thus far. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:12, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
Well, again, it sounds like it shouldn't have one, or doesn't have one due to how he uses it, though I think I might be the only one who thinks it's possible to translate it, (and I don't even know that lot of Japanese). I don't know why many talks in translator circles didn't do it, maybe they didn't care about it? However, if I'm told that more experienced translators conclude the case of it not having a literal translation, then I guess this case is closed. Sorry if I disturbed. RandomAir BGM (talk) 21:29, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
Redirects and consistency
Please observe consistency between articles when adding and changing redirects. In Sāra's article, you made a pointless change to a redirect when the piped link to Jiraiya's article was already there, and made change from "Nine-Tails" to "Kyuubi" which clashes with how all other articles refer to it as far as translation practices go here. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 23:58, May 15, 2019 (UTC)
Oh, sorry. I called Jiraiya, "Pervy sage", because that's the way Naruto called him in that scene. But I changed Nine-Tails to Kyuubi, for a pointless reason. Please take a look at the Temujin, Korega, and Chamu article I edited too if I made any linking mistakes. RandomAir BGM (talk) 00:25, May 16, 2019 (UTC)
Hey there. I just wanted to know why "Doctor" is not listed in Ino's occupations.. She clearly was a doctor is Sakura Hiden Novel, as she went to Sunagakure as one of the representative doctors and opened a clinic with Sakura in Konoha. So it implies she is a doctor, and remember she was treating the wounded in Medical Department in Boruto, so please add Doctor in her occupation list at least with a ^(Novel Only) sign. Also isnt she the leader of Yamanaka Clan? If you wouldnt add either, plss lemme know why.😊😊SnapRider (talk) 22:36, June 2, 2019 (UTC)
Oh, hi. It's obvious I knew Ino was a medic. They don't explain how she got good as a medical nin in the manga, but in the anime they say that she was also one of Tsunade's pupils. Ino is indeed a medical nin. I didn't add it in the page because I'm still getting used to using this wiki. And yes, Ino is as far as Boruto goes, the leader of the Yamanaka Clan and the strongest member as foreshadowed by her father Inoichi years before his death. Please let me know if there's any other questions about Ino, because I know a ton of info on her. RandomAir BGM (talk) 00:41, June 3, 2019 (UTC)