|(山中一族, Yamanaka Ichizoku)|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Novel, Game, Movie|
The Yamanaka Clan (山中一族, Yamanaka Ichizoku) is a family of shinobi found in Konohagakure. They specialise in mind related techniques, and they own and run a flower shop in the village. They traditionally lead the Konoha Barrier Team.
The members of this clan specialise in mind-related techniques which makes them experts at intelligence gathering, espionage and interrogation amongst other things. They have also displayed sensory abilities and their techniques include transferring their consciousness, reading minds and communicating telepathically. The flower symbol of this clan is the bush clover which symbolises a "positive love". Most members of the Yamanaka clan wear their hair in a long ponytail, which appears to be traditional.
The Yamanaka clan has a special relationship with the Akimichi and Nara clan. For generations, members of these three families have formed an "Ino–Shika–Chō Trio", named after the first part of the names of the members. The Yamanaka members are the "Ino" in the trio. To strengthen the unity between the three clans, a member of the Sarutobi clan will give them special earrings to present to each generation head when they are promoted to chūnin after which they will swear their oaths. The earrings also symbolise that they are considered adults by their respective clans.
Other Notable Clan Members
- In the anime, during the Fourth Shinobi World War, two injured Yamanaka clan members were supported by Hiashi Hyūga and an unknown Hyūga clan member, when they arrived at the battle against the Ten-Tails.
- The name "Yamanaka" means "in the middle of the mountain", "in the mountain range".
- Lake Yamanaka is a Japanese lake that is located at the base of Mount Fuji.
- "Ino", "Shika" and "Chō" are the names of three cards needed for a highly prized trick of "Inoshikachō" in the Hanafuda.
- The bush clover in the Yamanaka mon, as shown in the manga when explained, is a Thunberg's bushclover, often cultivated for its beautiful purple blossoms that bloom in autumn.