|This is the article on the nature based on physical energy that governs life. For the combination of the earth and fire natures, head to Yōton.|
Yang Release (陽遁, Yōton, Viz: Light Style) is a nature transformation that exists outside the five basic elemental natures. Like its counterpart, Yin Release, Yang Release is little-explored in the series. Yang Release uses physical energy to control vitality, granting life to forms that have none. Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki combined Yin and Yang into Yin–Yang Release, notably allowing him to create the nine tailed beasts.
Yang Release has tended to be inherited among the Senju clan, descendants of Hagoromo. Jin no Sho notes, however, that Senju clansmen don't usually make any significant use of Yang Release. Certain other clans employ Yang Release via their hiden skills, notably the Akimichi clan, who use Yang Release to increase the size of their own bodies.
There have been occasional miscellaneous mentions of Yang Release: Minato Namikaze split the Nine-Tails' Yin and Yang chakra, sealing its Yang half within Naruto Uzumaki to make him its jinchūriki; when Naruto uses the Nine-Tails' chakra via his Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, any wood constructs that he is near or that he touches grow into trees; Hagoromo's spirit gives his Six Paths Yang Power to Naruto, which takes the form of a sun marking on his right palm.
- Yang Release shares the same romanisation as Lava Release.
- During explanations of Yang Release within the series, the manga depicts it as being coloured white and the anime depicts it as being blue.
- The word "Yang" appears in the names of Four Red Yang Formation and Six Red Yang Formation, though these have not been said to be Yang Release.
- Naruto chapter 510, page 11
- Jin no Sho, page 226
- Naruto chapter 503
- Naruto chapter 505, page 8
- Naruto chapter 545, page 14
- Naruto chapter 680